Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Crossdressing Wrong?

Is Crossdressing Wrong?

I personally don't think so. Afterall, how we choose to look and act is a personal choice as long as it's not illegal.
    What I do think is wrong is we allow our behavior to be influenced by what we think others will think. By doing so, we don't even give others a chance to think for themselves. Therefor, if we allow that to happen, we stagnate without others even knowing whats wrong. The truth is, we cannot know what others will think without giving them the opportunity. Revealing our crossdressing initiates a favorable response of at least 50 percent among those who care about us. But through effective communication, it presents a chance to influence their thinking positively and elimate their unknowing influence over us.
    In other words, by revealing our secret, the odds for favorable results are greater.
    I would like to know what you all think.

"Lady Fingers"

To me this question is like "Is eating rice wrong?" - it's such a no-brainer. Really, I've never thought of it.
    I'm bigendered - butch/femme!

Society has the right to expect it's members to show the amount of conformity that will reduce or eliminate violent or destructive behavior that will cost everyone emotionally or financially. Society in return, has the obligation to be flexible enough to allow any lifestyle or difference in worldview that does not contribute to the above mentioned conditions. I do not believe that crossdressing in of itself contributes to any violent or destructive behavior towards one's own society. I believe that society has not honored it's responsibility to be flexible enough to allow crossdressers to exist without some persecution.
    By all this, I conclude that crossdressing is not wrong, and society should mature some more to take the stigma out of it's attitude towards crossdressing.

But then I believe that in return for our being productive, tax paying citizens, our society should do for us those things we cannot do for ourselves, and even a doctor needs a doctor, so I believe in universal health care. I think we know how unlikely THAT is!

Guess I am just a dreamer...

Crossdressing is definitely not wrong.

nope i don't crossdress i would just perfer to wear womens clothes

susie

NO, t's just left wing!!!!BJ

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Society is changing, but at a slower pace than most of us would like. The Internet has brought a lot of us the knowledge that there are many others like ourselves. I have said it before the better we blend into the crowd by passing the less we are seen in the public eye, and the less we are seen in a good light. It is easy to say “out yourself”, buck the societies norm, forget the repercussions but I live in the real world and though I am not crazy about my job I do like the $$$. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

on one hand cross dressing is very wrong those who do it are sick sick sick and should be put against the wall shot and pis**d on, and not in that order according to my ex...
    now cross dressing is not wrong. it's our lack of Faith in our-self's that's the problem we think if we come out everything will fall apart , it won't if we show Faith in our-self's and show confidence in our fem self we will be taken more seriously again our fear stops us every time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    Hello ladies.. I don't post often, but this topic has hit home with me. I agree with what Penny said, we gain more by being true to ourselves, but sometimes its so damned hard to get over the idea of what others will think of us, and that fear can lead to repression, and repression leads to unhappiness. This is EXACTLY what i am focusing on in therapy right now. I have come to realize that crossdressing is not the issue, the issue is how I choose to place it in my life.. how I choose to deal with it.

I do know that as i make new friends and come out to more people in my life, i feel more a sense of freedom than ever before. By doing this, I am becoming more in touch with myself - and it's a wonderful feeling!

I agree with Susie We are not crossdressing, we are dressing the way we want and feel good about it. joan

To those of you who believe crossdressing is not wrong:

You have never seen me in a miniskirt.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

NO

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    on one hand cross dressing is very wrong those who do it are sick sick sick and should be put against the wall shot and pis**d on, and not in that order according to my ex...
    now cross dressing is not wrong. it's our lack of Faith in our-self's that's the problem we think if we come out everything will fall apart , it won't if we show Faith in our-self's and show confidence in our fem self we will be taken more seriously again our fear stops us every time
    Your ex really said that?? I thought Canadians were cooler than that

For me this is much like my mental health issues...to me they are a part of me, not the whole me, and as such neither solely defines me as a person. I see sharing this with others the same as i do sharing those others things about me...few need to know and even fewer care...im just not that da*n special....gary
    It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

~Agnes Repplier

“Self-esteem isn't everything; it's just that there's nothing without it”
    Gloria Steinem

Yes, crossdressing is a little wrong. Wrong because it's not "normal". For me, this is one of the things that draws me towards crossdressing- the fact that it's not normal. I think "normal" is synonymous with "inhibited". I think there is too much pressure to be normal in our society. I often wonder how many more crossdressers there would be if this were not the case. I also wounder if the term, crossdresser would have even been coined. One thing is for sure, crossdressing is apart of who we are here at CD.com and no matter how much we try to repress it, the notion will always find it's way to the surface. Everyone else is just going to have to deal with it.
    Also, Freaky=freeness

Short Skirts & Long Legs

If it wrong I don't want to fight

For all those who think <?> that dressing is wrong, then I say its srong to want a nice car, good paying job, nice brick home with a white picket fence a pet and 1.5 children, which is exactly what "main" stream society says that "main" stream america is. In a nut shell it amounts to comfort !!! and for all those "main" streamers, I am very comffortable as Marcie...after all they got one thing right, comfort...that is what its all about, both out side and inside...

I think you are so right, Penny

While I am not and may never be ready to come out at my child's school or at work or church, I have become a lot more interactive as of late. I have found that exactly what you are saying is true and may be pretty important for all of us.

Examples:

I go to a store and only two elderly ladies are SAs there. My first impulse is to walk back out because I do not want to offend them and ask them for use of the fitting room, etc. But I decide to go in and engage them. We talk for a while and then casually in the conversation I mention that I love their clothes and I grab a skirt and put it to my waist and ask them how it looks. Before I know it they are suggesting I go and try it on in the fitting room and if I need their help to please call. It all turned out to be very pleasant and they were very surprised to learn I was not gay and that my wife approved.

I go in a store and there are a lot of young girls in there. I almost about faced. But I hung in there. I have been lucky never to have been humiliated while shopping, but for a second it seemed my luck had run out. I had picked out a couple of belts one white and one pink and had them draped over my shoulder and was now looking at a very short mini skirt. They began to giggle and talk about me. I could feel myself blushing but I decided to take it to them. I approached them and asked them what they thought of the skirt. One said "get away, you perv". I asked them if I could do anything to change their minds about me. I asked them if I could pay for the things they had picked out. One took me up on it. As we were standing in line, we talked. I told them how my wife liked me doing this and how much I loved her and what a good woman she was. They could not believe I had a real life! They were truly shocked.

So there! One week, one CD, and at least five people have a much more favorable idea of us!

Such good posts here. A number of years ago my brother in-law told us of seeing a CD out in public. He thought she looked like a pervert because she was more camp than gurl. He then told us he had no problem with gurls who pass. I didn't pursue the conversation. But I wonder about him. Another comment made by an ex friend was " Guys Dress A Girls Just To Give Oral Sex "???????????? He's one given saying dumb things over the years. But this was one of the dumbest.

Joy, your ex-friends comment about oral sex is a clasic example of someone who doesn't think for themselves and Bethany is right about society not maturing because of comments such as these. So then if society "reflects the norm, are comments like these normal or ususal? Then to isn't crossdressing just unusual rather than abnormal?
    Everyone has needs, goals, interests and desires. All of us I'm sure would like to be financially secrure. Few of us are because it is a desire and a goal but
    won't become a need for most of us until we can no longer work and earn money. On the other hand, crossdressing is a need for us that, for whatever reason, and it varies, has to be filled. That is why it is vertually imposible to purge. Crossdressing is no more wrong than needing to belong.
    One of the reasons this forum so wonderful is because it provides a means to express ourselves and belong at the same time. In our daily lives, our need to crossdress and our need to belong are in conflict.

Thanks for your great posts

"Lady Fingers"

Content and Happy
    One word of caution! Be carefull who you ask if CDing is wrong. Especially if they're carrying a hocky stick.

Lanore

Crossdressing is not wrong. Judging by the way I feel when I have time to dress, it couldn't be more right!

Suzie S.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanore View Post
    One word of caution! Be carefull who you ask if CDing is wrong. Especially if they're carrying a hocky stick.

Lanore

You also need to be careful talking about hockey sticks and crossdressing You could get Karren Hutton very mad at you.

Society today is starting to get better about accepting things that may be a little bit differant than the "Typical Lifestyle" but there is still a long way to go before the world is in total acceptance. There are alot of people in the world that would say that crossdressing is wrong, just as there are as many people that say that homosexuality, tatoo's, body piercings, or just going to church is wrong. Just because you don't live up to someone elses policies, only makes you wrong in thier eyes. I would say that they are the ones that have the problem. I personally try to just relax and enjoy my surroundings.

If I see to guys walking on the street holding hands. I feel happy for them that they found someone else to be happy with. Personally it is not for me. But so what they are happy. This is the way I wish that more people would think. It sure would make the world a better place.

So "Is crossdressing wrong?" Maybe in some peoples minds, But your mind is the one that has to be open enough to accept it. In my mind crossdressing is great, Everyone sould do it.

my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

darling felicity darling_felicity's Avatar
    Crossdressing wrong? It shouldn't even be called cross dressing. Just dressing for those boys who have discovered what they like, or those girls who happen to discover that they were given a boy's body at birth. Like me! I like it, when I see a girl who wonders what it 's like to have a dick-I know exactly what!!
    I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body;
    I'm a girl with balls!

Quote Originally Posted by darling_felicity View Post
    Crossdressing wrong? It shouldn't even be called cross dressing. Just dressing for those boys who have discovered what they like, or those girls who happen to discover that they were given a boy's body at birth. Like me! I like it, when I see a girl who wonders what it 's like to have a dick-I know exactly what!!
    A very pretty girl who I was in school with once told me she wished she were born a boy so she could play all the boy sports .
    My thought even back then ,we were both senoirs, god if we could only trade
    bodies straight up she was so cute . Haven't seen her since graduation.:hmmm:
    But back to the question at hand our we crossdressing or wearing what we feel most comfortable in and it just happens to be femme
    Once again as I've ranted about before women can wear any article of mens
    clothing and no one says a word.

Quote Originally Posted by goofus;725035[QUOTE
    ]Your ex really said that?? I thought Canadians were cooler than that
    [/QUOTE]

hi there
    yes she did i have the letter to prove it , if i scan it and put it here i will get banned . but most Canadians are way cool and i have never met any that hold her views, so i am either lucky or blessed or both
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]