Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: " CAN WE DO SOME THING ABOUT IT?"

OLD BITCH

Thumbs up Great

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara-GG
    Hmmm.... you know when you were younger, think about what it would have been like to find a support group with loads of teenagers that were the same way as you. Think about how it would have been to interact with others, that had the same feelings as you and they thought there was something wrong with them. Think about how many lives have been lost because there isn't any support for children that age...

We can look into legalities and find out if we could support a teenage section, I'm quite sure there are a few here that would be willing to offer support and advice to them. There are a lot of parents here that could give advice to them and I mean advice... not tell them what they should or should not do. I would like to think if my daughter ever had a problem she couldn't talk out with me, there was somewhere she could go to talk about it.

If there were a forum set up for teenagers... it could be set up in a way to disable PM's and emails and I'm sure the admin could come up with moderators they know would run it with care. It could be set up for under 18's only to view and/or post in it.

Tamara x
    Tamara, If only the systems around us (out side this forum) could have your vission.

Just a thought here, and I understand the ramifications of angry parents, legal troubles, bad press, even being shut down.

We're not talking about sex, here, or even talking about it.(I know we all discuss fantasies, our sex lives etc. here, but I NEVER would with a minor).

We're not talking about one of us (an adult) meeting a minor, for any reason.

We are talking about wearing clothing!
    Putting on makeup!
    And talking about it.
    Big deal.

This just occured to me while reading all the posts here. I understand everyone's concerns and fears, and until a few minutes ago, I would have been inclined to agree with most of you. Y ou make good points.

So call this a revelation, maybe a simple, naiive one. I know an open discussion about dressing among crossdressers can lead to things, especially among hormone raging teens, can lead to places that can result in just the kind of problems we want to avoid.

All I'm saying is, we are talking about wearing clothing, that's it. And how it makes you feel, both while you do it and in relation to the rest of the world. ( I know, that's where the problems start).

All the same, it's still not about any illegal activities. It's about wearing clothing.

I'm no lawyer, and I know this world (especially the U.S., unfortunately) is full of alot of inolerant reactionaries.

But it's still just clothes. Maybe there is a way.

Hugs,

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A.
    I know we all discuss fantasies, our sex lives etc. here, but I NEVER would with a minor
    You mean you would never knowingly discuss them with a minor, right? And can you be sure everyone will exercise your good judgement?

All I'm saying is, we are talking about wearing clothing, that's it.
    Patently not true. Lot's of other aspects get discussed, some very graphic, others with far-reaching ramifications.

I know an open discussion about dressing among crossdressers can lead to things, especially among hormone raging teens, can lead to places that can result in just the kind of problems we want to avoid.

And how it makes you feel, both while you do it and in relation to the rest of the world. ( I know, that's where the problems start).

and I know this world (especially the U.S., unfortunately) is full of alot of inolerant reactionaries.
    All true.

Hi Sheri,

OK ya shot me down real well. But just the fact that you agreed with some of what I said shows that I was trying to look at this from both sides. Maybe there is no way to help underage cds. I just wish there was.

I know it is a bit more complicated than just wearing clothes. My point was that the activity itself is not illegal, and does not in itself, involve sex, or anything that could be construed as predatory, even giving advice. And I know you can't count on everyone to exercise good judgement. I was simply exploring the possibilities.

I'm not trying to jeopardize what we have, Sheri, I just feel for those who feel different, and wonder why. As many of us did once. And I'm not saying you don't. I know where you are coming from, and in many ways, I agree.

Hugs,

Melissa

Amelie
    Don't forget,,, PMing is also part of this forum. Underage children will be able to PM anyone on this site.
    I said this months ago when this subject came up. If some members feel it is alright to have underage children on this site, then they should put their children on this site to meet the other Cds. If you are not willing to put your sons, daughters, nephews, nieces on this site( even if they don't crossdress) then you should not allow other parents children here either.

Shooting you down is not my objective, Melissa.

I Know Sheri. Have seen enough of you to know that. Hope you now know I didn't mean anything by it.

OLD BITCH

Question Girls Read Back Through The Thread

Children in this FORUM is not a viable option in this debate, right at the beginings of the thread " THAT WAS SPELT OUT" It could only lead to DISARSTER for us . Our forum would not be able to function as it dose now with minors present.

I Know Sheri. Have seen enough of you to know that. Hope you now know I didn't mean anything by it.
    *smooch*

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    Don't forget,,, PMing is also part of this forum. Underage children will be able to PM anyone on this site.
    I said this months ago when this subject came up. If some members feel it is alright to have underage children on this site, then they should put their children on this site to meet the other Cds. If you are not willing to put your sons, daughters, nephews, nieces on this site( even if they don't crossdress) then you should not allow other parents children here either.
    Good point Amelie.

And if I were the Admin here, I'd be thinking, "Why are they even discussing this? It ain't gonna happen."

I know minors are not an option here. Just was wondering if there was another way to help, give advice, let them know they are not alone. As you were.

Hugs,

Melissa

OLD BITCH

Spot On

I know minors are not an option here. Just was wondering if there was another way to help, give advice, let them know they are not alone. As you were.

Hugs,

Melissa
    You've hit the nail square on the head there Melissa, I've seen suggestions of various web sites that may or may not be helpful, to Teens. I'm OZ so I went to the organization that is set up for this kind of need, (toward beginning of thread) dose America have simular programs? Is it possible to perhaps lobby them to set up a safe site under their supervision for teens?