Thread: Makeup mistakes with benefits!

Makeup mistakes with benefits!

(another installment of long windedness)

First let me say that, along with many other issues, I have severe OCD. It seems to constantly be active in my life to one degree or another and usually at most it is just a minor annoyance. But occasionally it rears its ugly head and shows just how severe and life controlling it can be. When, where and in what areas this happens are as random as lottery numbers. Sometimes it is self imposed and others it can be something as simple as casually mentioning a particular item, thing, thought or whatever and I am off to the races.

This happened recently when Cheryl mentioned makeup, me and crossdressing. Now I had never really thought about makeup before. As a guy I'm not so hideous as to cause nausea in others when i enter a room but I knew that would never translate into anything resembling female. As such I never put much stock in the whole makeup thing. That is until makeup was haphazardly mentioned. Then it started and off i went. I made an effort to procure what i thought would be the needed supplies to be sure that at the next opportunity I could experiment.

That opportunity came on Friday night. I was totally driven by the ocd and had been for days as the logical sane me would never venture into this arena. To say I looked like a washed up old drag queen would be putting it nicely. lol...but ok nothing i hadnt really expected and I had managed to experiment here and dismiss this area without exposing Cheryl to any unnecessary, unneeded stress while doing so. Our lives had been on an upswing and I wanted that to continue. I showered, scrub and headed downstairs to relax. Well when she got home, the way she stared at me told me I had missed something. As it turns out I dont have crappy tastes in makeup and had purchased nice stuff, a plus as at least cheryl is now able to use it and its not being wasted and thrown away. The bad part is I had no idea of how to remove it and now she had not only seen it but had to help me. The worst of this was that i knew the whole mess for what it was and how insignificant it all was but I had failed in shielding her from what would be perceived as progression and the return of the nightmare we had just spent weeks living in was sure to occur. I was totally ashamed and totally frustrated at yet another failure. It seemed that recently failing was the best I could do and THAT is not only totally unfamiliar territory to me it is also totally unacceptable.

After some hiding on my part and letting my internal anger at myself subside I was able to approach the subject again and jokingly said "well since im obviously not a candidate for Mary Kay, what do I try next?" (or something much less witty. OMG, she begins talking about wigs. Now I would have thought this would be an area that for her would be worse than trying to cope with the whole bra boob man thing...thats another post, hehe...but no. I was shocked and now much confused. Moments later it all became clear.

In her earlier years her hair had many different styles including hair that reached down her back to her waist. She had apparently been missing those days and wanted a wig, or two, for herself. So ebay shopping we went. We did find two that she liked and one that i liked and one that we could agree on that I liked...lol. As it turned out we bought her favorite choice for her and put the others on the back burner...(not for long tho as I had funds in my paypal acct. and just purchased mine, not the one we agreed i liked, with that....yall dont tell her).

So from the ashes a positive experience had been borne....she had nice new makeup and a new hair-do, and so did I. That seemed to resurrect the turn around in our recent bout with "the weeks the boobs were born." Ill explain that one later. Sorry for once again being so long winded....hey im mental dont blame me...tc...gary
    It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

~Agnes Repplier

“Self-esteem isn't everything; it's just that there's nothing without it”
    Gloria Steinem

Junior Response Associate Cheryl GG's Avatar

Red face

I did not know Gary posted this....and am shocked kinda...lol....it was Friday AFTERNOON....and when I walked in the dining room, he was across the living room in his chair.....OMG you could see the mascara and could tell that color had been on the lids...I knew that my son would be home in a matter of minutes....I told him to get his butt upstairs and let me get that crap off him....so I begin to ask him what kind of make up he used....he was clueless.....he did buy Loreal mascara and this killer mirror...otherwise.....no wont use but ONE of the eye shadows in the duo he bought.....and the eyeliner....well its a long stick and I replace all mine every 6 months because of bacteria....so it wont hang around too long....but nonetheless....MY SON COMES IN WHILE I AM TRYING TO GET THIS MESS OFF Gary.......I told Clay Gary had something in his eye.....geesh....while cleaning his face....I asked him did he like what he saw....and well you guys see what his answer to himself was.....I even asked him did he take pics.....he tells me no......as for the wig....yes, I figured it was time to STOP wasting money....so, if there was going to be a wig bought, then might as well be one that can be worn for more than 3 secs......yes is my natural brown, and long....just like when my hair was below my waist.....and has curls - spirals - am sure it will take some getting used to seeing me with all that hair again....but am excited about all the diff styles I can wear it in....do they still sale banana clips ??? I am not happy to read that Gary hid money in his paypal account.....and that he bought a wig and didnt tell me....but....over all other than that tid bit that I just had sprung on me as I read his thread....yes has been okay....figure stop wasting money and let him do this if he wants to.....oh well, now I am going to turn around and ask him why he hid money and the purchase.....lol....ahhh a day and the life of a CDer and his wife....lol......xoxoxoxoC/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]
    ~No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt [/SIZE]

Hi Cheryl. Yeah, I know what you mean about the wasting money part. I have so much stuff and so many wigs, I really don't need any more stuff. I'm just now using stuff I got a couple of years ago. I had to finally grow up in that respect as I am retired now and on a fixed income. No more impulse buying, you know? I'll finally have the mortgage paid off this year but does that mean I'll be buying more femme stuff? No way Jose, I learned my lesson. There comes a time when you have to be realistic. My wife and I both need new cars and there are a lot of other more important things needed that really supercede CDing. I just don't have the money to piss away like that anymore. It's nice to know that whatever you guys get can be used by someone and at least you are working together on it. As far as the makeup removal, I use wet wipes to get most of it, then just take a nice hot shower and use a good body wash to scrub off the rest of it. Works well for me as I sometimes need to be Rich and Rich does not wear makeup.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Glad to see you both have a positive outlook on CDing. This is all new to you so things will have to be discussed, boundaries set and adjustments made, must of all make it clear that both be open and honest about your feelings and purchases the only way it will work.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]