Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here it comes. The urge to purge.

Don't purge just store them away. Enjoy your time with your new GF love makes us do things that after awhile I live are richer and our new love wants us to be happy and CD beings again. But if you can fill your life with things other than CDing it can be every happy life. I know Glenda hasn't been out in over a month on. So enjoy your life.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

After much deliberation, I have decided to put off purging for a while longer. I am still not sure if this is the right choice but so be it. After all, if I quit now I will never have had the chance to wear a wedding dress which is my ultimate CD dream.

Go out and buy a trunk pack up every thing in it, and then give the key to Kerry. I once went a few years with out dressing after a purge, but one day I found the only cure for my depression was to go shopping, and quit being afraid to be me. I sure wish I had that pair of Ostrich 3 inch heeled pumps back!
    Tina B.

I am a member of a Southern Baptist church here. My pastor just did a sermon on the old testament laws the verse you refer to is in Deu 22:5 but if you read on you will see we are to build a battlement (railing) on the roof of a house so that no man might fall from it and we are not to wear mixed fabrics in our clothes.. we are not in the law we are living under grace there is no way to live up to the law of Moses. When Jesus died on the cross it put an end to the covenant and started a new one through Jesus.

Any way thats my
    I hope you dont purge just put it away I cant count the money it has cost me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Lawren
    cross dressing is in your blood Hun, i am sorry to say i have never met a cd'r who quit. don't think god is punishing you because you cross dress, god loves you for who you are, don't ever forget that.. put your stuff in a box and put it away until you get the itch, you will regret it .. as holly as said pray about it , " lawren" is a big part of your life you cant kill her without hurting yourself . think about it you two lawren/ guy mode are stuck with each other for life try to come to terms with this .
    i wish you well
    hugs Marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lawren,

instead of purging, why not let kerry put them someplace, then if you want to dress again they are there waiting for you.

Jess
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    "Lawren" is a big part of your life you cant kill her without hurting yourself
    This is sooo true, Every time I had purged in the past, I always regreted it. When I think about how large my wardrobe would be now, all I can do is sigh... I finally decided that purging is a really BAD thing to do.
    Sandy (Originally Samantha), will never leave me as long as I live, and I'm sure that you will find out that Lawren will never leave you either.
    If you purge, you'll regret it at a later time too. Please listen to all of the advise from all of us here that have "been there and done that".
    XOXOXO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shoes

Oh dont throw away that fav pair like i did 3 year ago and kept the (others) what was i thinkin!!

Silver Member
    I did not suggest that the New Testament trumps the Old Testament. What I said was that the Old Testament was OLD. It refers to conditions and social situations that are not aplicable to our modern life. If you read the Old Testament carefully ( and I did not say have someone else INTERPRET it for you, I said read it carefully), you will find that it would be impossible to obey all the restrictions and conditions and still live in the modern world. The one all important foundation of Christianity is a belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ. Read and study the words and teachings of Jesus Christ and you will find a heaven sent font of wise and wonderful truths. You will not find a word about CDing.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Quote Originally Posted by Lawren View Post
    As for putting my things away for a rainy day, there are two problems there. I have no place away from home where I can put them and if I keep them in my home I will not be able to resist the urge to wear them.
    [SIZE="3"]
    Hi Lawren,

I have been where you are! I do have a quetion for you> How will you be able to resist the urge to get some new femm things?. The urge ,as you have stated, is still present even if you toss everything out. I have regreted every time I have purged and have had the overwhelming sense of relief when I retuned to dressing and myself!!

Jennifer[/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Keely Smith View Post
    [SIZE=3]Hi Lawren,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I have been where you are! I do have a quetion for you> How will you be able to resist the urge to get some new femm things?. The urge ,as you have stated, is still present even if you toss everything out. I have regreted every time I have purged and have had the overwhelming sense of relief when I retuned to dressing and myself!! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Jennifer[/SIZE]
    For me, resisting the urge to buy things is much easier than resisting wearing things I already have.

[SIZE="4"]I hear you Lawren! and you have to do what is best for you. Personally I have been trying to put the years of resisting and purging and the emotional turmoil that went with it, behind me. I have given in, so to speak and am giving myself permission to accept who I am. I am findng peace in letting go of the tortured self doubt and self loathing. I much Happier these days

I do wish you well

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Kelsy; 02-07-2007 at 11:12 PM. Reason: spelling
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar

Thumbs up yeppers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Keely Smith View Post
    [SIZE=4]I hear you Lawren! and you have to do what is best for you. Personally I have been trying to put the years of resisting and purging and the emotional turmoil that went with it, behind me. I have given in, so to speak and am giving myself permission to accept who I am. I am findng peace in letting go of the tortured self doubt and self loathing. I much Happier these days [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I do wish you well Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hey Lawren, for the most part, boy can I vouch for that. Jennifer is always happier when she indulges this side of her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    Last edited by Sharon; 02-08-2007 at 10:47 AM. Reason: fixed quote
    [SIZE=4]Country Girl GG [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]

New Stuff

The only way I would purge it is if I could afford all new stuff. I have done this and it can be gratifying. If not, store it and take a break.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

ain't gonna happen!

sorry Luv...some day in the near future, you'll be back into panties and wishing you didn't have to buy yet ANOTHER set of clothes...
    but purging is a lot like divorce... you get to get all new stuff!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

I can relate.

Lauren, I can very much relate, with you, and the religious/Bible reasons, which cause conflict. I also, am in a church, which I believe, is pwerfully warning the world, and telling the good news, of a wonderful, peaceful, healed world, just beyond the bad times today. But, there is that law, in Deuteronomy, outlawing cding. I have struggled with it, for years. At age 52, and still no SO, one gg friend killed herself, and many rejections, and being too poor, to marry, dressing up, kind of fills that wife shaped void in my life. I never did dressup completely, head to toe, until, a year and a half ago. Like you, after I have done it, often times, bad things happened to me, afterwards, like car accidents, near fights, with neighbors, job troubles. I have not dressed up, in about four months, but, have all Lucille's stuff, and just bought a used pair of earings, and have a new dress, I have not worn yet. I hope to dress up, when time allows. I do know, that I tend to be a bit cross, after doing it. I just don't dress up, very often, anymore, and am learning to accept my male side more, as I always exalted women, over men, now accepting my maleness, and Lucille side. If a right gg came into my life, now, I would concentrate on that relationship. No human being is without conflict inside. If a person has no conflicts, he or she, may have no conscience. To be in conflict, about our failings, or compulsions, or addictions, is to be human. Stopping dressing won't end conflict, but, there is a time for every purpose under heaven, a time to dress, and a time to refrain from it. One day at a time.

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar

Lightbulb Deuteronomy

[SIZE=3]Hi Gurls, I am a Christian, and for what it's worth, if you really want to keep bringing up this passage of scripture, then let me point out that women have been sinning for a long time in conjunction with this passage. We have been wearing men's clothing for a long time now with no fear of censure. As far as the New Testament outdating the Old, well if you study your Bible you will find that the New Testament simply reinforces the Old Testament. My minister is a Bible scholar and we have been going through the Old and New testaments and learning how the passage talk about the same things. If you don't know your bible and or Hebrew, [and I don't know to many who do] then it is almost impossible to see the corralation unless you have a Minister such as I do. The corralations are very interesting and obvious once you understand. At any rate, the bottom line is WE ALL HAVE SINNED AND IN GOD'S EYES, ALL SIN IS EQUAL. God loves us and forgives us if we ask. I'm not trying to preach at anyone and if that's how this came across then I'm sorry. It's just that I feel as if a lot of times people take the scriptures out of context, or just don't read the whole passage and that's how debates get started, not to mention a lot of guilt gets thrown around. I hope y'all all have a great day. CG gg[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Country Girl GG [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Go out and buy a trunk pack up every thing in it, and then give the key to Kerry. I once went a few years with out dressing after a purge, but one day I found the only cure for my depression was to go shopping, and quit being afraid to be me. I sure wish I had that pair of Ostrich 3 inch heeled pumps back!
    Tina B.

You mean I gotta keep track of another key?? It's my job to lose the keys! LOL!

OK I'll confess that one thing is true, Lawren is better at behaving with a budget where I rarely can say no to a bookstore.....honest!

I agree with the others NOT TO PURGE!!!!!! I purged all of my items about 6 weeks ago; donated them to Goodwill. Now I am having to go back and rebuild my clothing back up. If I could do it again, I would get the trunk, or a giant plastic storage trunk, and keep there in my basement.

Amy
    It's a Jeep thing, you would not understand!!

Platinum Member
    God created you, so therefore made you just the way you are....and that is a CD'er.........if you feel you need a break from dressing, then store it all away but for pete sake dont throw it all away, if your wife is accepting then ask her to hide your clothes for you if need be, but as i said dont throw anything away, because you might just throw away that favourite frock this month and next month you will require it again so to speak

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    God created you
    God is actually a badger. He told me to drink lots of Guinness - honest
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    God is actually a badger. He told me to drink lots of Guinness - honest
    and he also told you that you must have a glass in each hand at any one time too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Owens GG View Post
    Argh. I'm talking to him, and if nothing else it all will be put in a backpack and stored, till later. Sheeeesh. The dressing is not a issue to me... we're gonna have a looooo-ong talk here.
    Excellent! Thank God that Lawren has a wife like you, Kerry!

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Owens GG View Post
    Argh. I'm talking to him, and if nothing else it all will be put in a backpack and stored, till later. Sheeeesh. The dressing is not a issue to me... we're gonna have a looooo-ong talk here.
    give him one of these from me lol & one of these but better follow it with one of these to soften the blow lol

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    and he also told you that you must have a glass in each hand at any one time too lol
    I read that a balanced diet is good for you
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock