Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sexual Preference

Sexual Preference

I have read that most cd'ers are heterosexual, is this correct? My question is that if a male cd'er is heterosexual then what makes him not attracted to another cd'er who looks like a woman? If he is and he knows the other is a male, does that now make him gay? This is the part I have the worst time understanding. Thanks for your replies.

Lou

NO, it might make him BI, IMHO I don't think it makes him gay. A majority of CDer are married and like myself. Thus I have no interest in another CDer except for friendship.

I can't speak for most CDr's but for myself...I am heterosexual, have no desire to be with anyone except my wife...so...can't say but I'm quite sure I'm not gay!

Most CD'rs that i know are straight ! I think its a misconception that Cd's are Gay or Bi! Its all down to the individial !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by suzy View Post
    I can't speak for most CDr's but for myself...I am heterosexual, have no desire to be with anyone except my wife...so...can't say but I'm quite sure I'm not gay!
    Same here Now there are those that claim we're decieving ourselve's when we say we're hetro but the stats show the rate of homosexuality is about the same with CDer's as in the rest of the male population. ( unless the CDer's all lied on the poll) Justabit

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseM
    I have read that most cd'ers are heterosexual, is this correct? My question is that if a male cd'er is heterosexual then what makes him not attracted to another cd'er who looks like a woman? If he is and he knows the other is a male, does that now make him gay? This is the part I have the worst time understanding. Thanks for your replies.

Lou
    Maybe it's the "looks like" part. "Looks like" isn't "is a woman". A woman is by far more than clothes and she is one even without clothes.
    Last edited by Marla S; 02-05-2007 at 02:05 PM.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    My sexual preference is for women. I know that a sister CD is genetic male and so I have no sexual interest in them (well okay, maybe I do have the hots for my sister JoAnn in Dallas .... giggle giggle, but don't tell her).

Emily Ann

I'm unaware of any official polls, but everyting I've read says the majority of men who crossdress claim to be heterosexual.

The answer to the first questions is, sexaul preference. A CD who is firmly heterosexual would, by definition, NOT be attracted to another CD, right?

The second question reminds me of an early George Carlin quip; "Could God make a rock so big, he himself could not lift it?" It's a trick question. If the totally straight CD is, afterall, attracted to another CD, he is not heterosexual. He is either bisexual or homosexual.

That out of the way, keep in mind that everyone is different. I said it above, but feel there are gradients of sexuality that would take forever to fit a catagory. Society places on us many of our beliefs, in my opinion, and sexual preference is one of them. I don't feel like a deviant, but my lifestyle says I am ... according to "society".

I hope you can work it out and btw, WELCOME to the forum!

is in her vest
    Hi

right now, I'm only attracted to my wife...I see lots of pretty, sexy women, but I don't lust after them, I see lots of pretty, sexy CDs/TS and I don't lust after them either. I'd just rather be in love. Sex isn't the most important thing in my life. Not even close.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

What's the saying ? "The Clothes Do Not Make The Man/(Woman)."

As said before many times most C.D.er's claim to be streight. I have ben dressing for many years and have become aquainted with many C.D.er's. First let me say I don't talk out of school, but most of the gals that I have become associated with are Bi. I heard said one time there are two types of crossdressers the ones that are Bi. and the ones that won't admit it. I remember one time I was introduceing myself to a new member of a Crossdressing Support group, she told me her name and and that she was a hetrosexual. All I could think of was who cares what you sexual preference is. But in reality I think this person was trying to convince herself that she was streight.

Im in for the show with my S O< but with legs like yours I would at least give them a second and third and forth and you get my drift look, sex is all in the mind, if you dont mind I dont mind either, Im getting goofy Charolette,

I wonder the same thing myself about could a CD be attracted to another CD.Speaking for myself,I can admire the femme image they present and even find it sexy but the fact that they are men dampens any urge to have sex. But I'm a CD myself and I always enjoy the company of other CD'rs and all of the good times that goes with it.And I had the same GG girlfreind for years who actually encouraged my dressing.I gotta fess up that I did it with guys on a few ocaisions like 25 years ago.It was very unsenuous and abrasive. For one thing,I'm not naturally attracted to guys and of course many CD'rs aren't!I like girls and femme stuff in general.

Untitled
    Quote Originally Posted by LouiseM View Post
    I have read that most cd'ers are heterosexual, is this correct?
    Only an individual can answer this question, and they should have no reason to lie

My question is that if a male cd'er is heterosexual then what makes him not attracted to another cd'er who looks like a woman?
    Attraction is part looks, part chemistry, with other things thrown in, which I'm sure others can add and the mix has to be right

If he is and he knows the other is a male, does that now make him gay?
    Just because a male is attracted to another male, it does not make him gay, and I dont think the clothing will have anything to do with this, Sexuality is complex enough without generalisation

This is the part I have the worst time understanding.
    Unless you have a situation similar to what you have posted, why worry, If something does not have an impact on my life, then I let things take their course.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

I have to admit that I've tried that when I was in Cal. many, many years ago, and learned, through experience that I wasn't attracted to men. The idea did appeal to me at the time, but I still got more excited with women.
    Soooo, I always be hetro.
    I do like dressing up with CD's and sharing experiences, makeup tips etc, but strictly on a girl-to-girl friendly relationship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have many friends that are CDers, but I am not Gay and don't want any sexual contact with them of any Male.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Married and most of the other CDs I know either are or have been married.
    I know a few who may be Bi, but none are Gay.

You want to wear a WHAT??

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I am getting proposals, and approaches from gay men.
    I find them cute, fun, and interesting.
    I am heterosexual by history.
    As any stock market professional SHOULD tell you.....past performance is no indicator of future results.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Hi.

Most every CD I have met is hetro. I however am not a CD. I am pre-op ts, and I like men. That is another subject.

I have met and have made many CD friends over time, and all except one is hetro.

Hugs Susan
    T.G.I.F. - Thank God I'm Female.

FWIW, I have met A LOT of CDers that are at the very least bi. I think I can honestly say that if I go out to any trans-club, or for that matter any "girls night out" type event, I can pretty guarantee that I can get laid (if I want to).

Granted, I don't go to a support group, TRI-ESS or anything like that, but I know that in my experience, at a bar like Gigi's in Detroit I feel like a piece of meat.

I'm personally friends with two T-Girls (who are not TS, AFAIK) who are exclusively gay.

As for myself, like someone said in another thread, I am bisexual sexually, but hetero in relationships. Interestingly, of any of the gender choices, I'm probably least attracted to T-girls at this point. My preference is obviously GGs, but I would consider a really attractive guy (my attraction to guys is definitely to gay, or at least metrosexual, guys...I have zero attraction to your average fat, hairy "straight" guy). T-girls go by the same rules as with guys...fit, shaven, effeminate, about my age...cool. Overweight, "linebacker-in-a-dress", 20 years older than me...no.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I am heterosexual without a doubt and will surely be for at least the forseable future. In my adolesence I often wondered about my own sexuality as I tried to come to grips with my urge to crossdress.
    To have an appreciation for the human form, male or female is one thing, to have the urge to be intimate with one or the other is something different.
    I can admire both male and female forms but only feel "right" wanting intimacy with my GG SO.
    What you feel is yours and yours alone. CDing can be as many things to as many CDers you ask. Our own sexuality is just that...our own.

I am most assuradly bisexual.

...and hell yeah I'm the motherf--king princess!

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I have read that most cd'ers are heterosexual, is this correct? My question is that if a male cd'er is heterosexual then what makes him not attracted to another cd'er who looks like a woman?
    Attraction is a very individual thing. Men don't neccessarily find all women attractive just as women don't neccessarily find all men attractive. Attraction also works at different levels. You can find someone attractive without being attracted to them sexually.

If he is and he knows the other is a male, does that now make him gay? This is the part I have the worst time understanding. Thanks for your replies.
    Again it depends on the level of attraction. Gay means a strong preference for a same-sex relationship. Having said that I know gay men who have had sexual relationships with women but regard themselves as gay rather than bi. Labels are often inappropriate.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

only wife no other sexual intrest other than her and don't expect to change

susie

I would say that I am bi. But if given the choice between a man and a women I would choose the women probably 99% of the time. I am not sure how I would feel sexually towards another CD'r because I have yet to meet any here in SLC. But I do think it would be fun to get together and dress up.