Thread: (Ftm only please) Flip side - guy problems

(Ftm only please) Flip side - guy problems

So we all have a list of why we want to be a guy. But there's disadvantages. I know I'd get frustrated with everyone assuming I liked football (it's hard enough being a student at U of M...if I were a male student I'd never hear the end of it). I'm curious as to what other things you guys think would bother you if you were a guy, or what things do bother you if you're far enough transitioned to pass consistently. Do you miss girl talk? Are you tired of having to lift heavy things and open doors? Or is being a guy just perfect for you?
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Yeah, the whole watching sports thing I could do without. Supebowl: *yawn*
    Playing sports on the other hand-- if I could do it, I would. Argh. If the U of U had a rowing crew, I wouldn't have dropped out. I LOVE rowing. But then, I'm psychologically disturbed.
    Hmmm. I don't mind being expected to lift things and hold things-- I'm expected to do that now, just because I have been, so I don't think it'd be a big deal.
    Apart from that, I dunno... I'll have to think on it and get back to ya. I'm sure there are some things I wouldn't like...
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Hmmm . . . I'm sure there must be something, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I reserve the right to amend my answer if something comes up, though.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    My temper and intolerance for idiots would get me in fist fights.
    I am real chilled and it takes a lot to anger me... but when I DO get angry.... I get very angry.
    Wheras now, people think twice about hitting me, if I was a guy I'd probably end up battered and bruised and bleeding (but you should see the OTHER guy lol!).

Must... learn....to... be...calm... and....ignore... the f*ckwits.......
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Ohhhh yeah, that's another one. I have a bit of a temper problem myself. Almost strangled the guy I was in love with once, cos he said 'Brian May couldn't write a decent guitar riff if his life depended on it.' Plainly, Al's an idiot. Haha! But I did almost break his neck.
    I think, were I stronger and more muscley, I'd be a bit overconfident in my ability to inflict harm upon others. As of now, I couldn't bruise the skin of a six-year-old. Not that I would, of course.

Edit:
    I've just realised I said 'WAS' in love with. Past tense. Hmmm. Wonder what that means... *sigh* I'm confused now... Damn freudian slips.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    Edit:
    I've just realised I said 'WAS' in love with. Past tense. Hmmm. Wonder what that means... *sigh* I'm confused now... Damn freudian slips.
    I noticed he wasn't on your list of things to come to England for too.... didn't want to say anything....

And there was somethign else where itwould have been perfect to mention him and you didn't....

Probably a very healthy sign if you ask me... but I'm a bitter and twisted fool who thinks love stinks lol! (To a degree....)
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Well, he's still on the list. I do miss him a lot. I just feel like, since I haven't had any contact from him at all in a really long time, things are different. It's almost like he's changed or something, because when he was here we used to talk all the time. Really talk, deep conversations that meant something. Most I've heard from him in months was something like 'Hey, how are ya?'
    But, hey, if I'm to the point where I can move on, that's cool. I still get that twinge of happy-feeling every time I hear from him though...

Holland/Netherlands/The land of windmills and clogs
    Jup, the sports thing. Football, soccer, baseball, why should I care?
    I'm back! Shiver with fear!

Well I think I would worry that I would become more intolerant and maybe more aggressive at the moment I can control that but not so sure if I went any further what it would do to me. I don't like violence! It doesn't bother me doin things like carryin heavy stuff or doin jobs usually done by men lol it feels quite natural always has. I wouldn't miss the girl talk cos don't do loads of that. It wouldn't bother me if ppl assumed I liked sports cos I like them anyway. I do decorating which sometimes it's assumed men do doesn't bother me though. I also enjoy a bit of gardening not only a man thing even that is assumed to be. A big assumption is that the men do the barbacues it used to bother me but not anymore lol xx Felix

A big assumption is that the men do the barbacues it used to bother me but not anymore lol
    Isn't it weird what gets put into the girl or guy category? Women are supposed to cook everything, until the grill is involved...dunno why. But I'd get annoyed at everyone expecting me to not be able to cook if I were a guy.
    Yeah as for sports, I'm really hit and miss. I love cycling (My family was 'bout the only American's watching it pre-Lance) and enjoy soccer, the olympics, pro hockey, and random other stuff. But I go to the best football school in the country and find the game borish and overrated...which gets me in trouble.
    You know, for the temper thing, I think I'd be glad to be able to lose my temper more. I'm too bottled up right now.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

I'd never miss girl talk (ugh) and gossip. I can't stand that stuff. I wouldn't be too happy if people expected me to be a "macho man" because I'm totally not. It might be a little weird if women around me expected chivalry. I also would not miss cat fights, men fight with fists, women fight with claws. I prefer the fists.

It would probably be hard living up to stereotypes that men love sports, can't cook, can't sew, hate dancing, know how to fix everything, etc. But it would be nice not having to deal with sexual discrimination/harassment in the same way I do now.

I love everything about being a guy except for the fact that people automatically assume that I'm supposed to spit everywhere and be all he-man-ish, it's slightly annoying...I also hate how other guys (many of whom I've never met) call me "buddy"...what's with that?
    [SIZE=2]"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]SSC[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]2012[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]SWK![/SIZE][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]
    Shaun
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by boi_0h View Post
    I also hate how other guys (many of whom I've never met) call me "buddy"...what's with that?
    I don't mind that - I'd rather be called "buddy" than "honey"*, "baby", "sweetie", "love", etc. Ugh!

*Well . . . except for the gay man's "honey", that's a whole different ballgame.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]