Thread: Do you get mixed up about depression and TG issues?

Sejd

Do you get mixed up about depression and TG issues?

I have recently found that I tend to blame my Trans Gender situation for some of my other issues. I fight hard not to get too depressed about one of our sons who is doing drugs instead of doing life. Then I think, it's my stuff, although I know it's not. I get all worked up and think that my life as a trannie is one big mistake. When the clouds part and I get through it, it's all good again, and I realize it has nothing to do with me being a Trans Sexual. Do any of you experience the same sort of thing?
    Hugs
    Sejd

Error: User not found;
    I am content with putting all my issues into being TS , it is even why i was once a drug addict.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ToyGirl View Post
    I am content with putting all my issues into being TS.
    [SIZE="3"]I agree with you TG as I'm content to do the same thing as my problems took me to within 3 days of commiting suicide when I was 19.

Anna Marie x
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

I can tell you that all my problems have shrunk now that I have acceped who I am. I pamper this gurl and do what I have always was to afraid to do. In short, I'm Happy!

I dont blame my problems on being TG but knowing that, the problems are very often complicated by that fact. (Catch 22) It is impossible to separate your problems from the essence of who you are, but how we react to them is the difference.

I can react male or female and still get the same results. The issue is how I see them through this fog and whether I let those issues impinge on my gender issues. On the other hand, my reactions cannot be "controlled" in that my unconscious reaction is the first one. That reaction will come from Kimberley and the solution can be unacceptable if presented that way. So I have to present it as the male self to get a consensus. That presentation can cause internal stress. (I think that explains the amibuity of the first paragraph).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Banned Read only

Not sure

But my depression has been worse so is the stress at home from the wife and kids. I am ADD and have adderal but do not take it much. It does help the depression untill it wears out. My wife does not support my gender confusion, she makes fun of me. So I doubt that helps at all either.

Amy M2F Transsexual RiversideCT's Avatar

Depression

Being and accepting youself as a transsexual for some is a great life altering change. So many (I included) have tried to escape it by getting married. Now settled down with a wife and kid(s) all there will be torn apart. Thinking of the problems I will create and the simple depression of not being myself (free). But there is love and a love I am loseing. Depression=broken heart.
    It seems many times to go hand in hand. Yes depression, suicide, madness...it's all been in my head.
    Join the club.
    AMY

I'm no authority, but I read and have had a therapist explain a theory (just a theory mind you) that depression is the result of suppression of emotions. And, boy, nothing to make you supress emotions like a desire to do what society generally punishes you for doing . . . so, in my days I have found depression and TG issues are linked.

But, Sejd, I think teenagers can make any parent depressed. Its a tough period of biological change for them, a period of social role change for them, and it's a period of interpersonal relatiohship changes between them and all family members. Real easy to have some emotions to supress. (And if you live in coastal Washington State, you cuold probably stand a few more sunny days than you get ).

Hugs,
    'lissa

Banned Read only

That explains why I felt good when I was planning to dress

Quote Originally Posted by melissaK View Post
    I'm no authority, but I read and have had a therapist explain a theory (just a theory mind you) that depression is the result of suppression of emotions. And, boy, nothing to make you supress emotions like a desire to do what society generally punishes you for doing . . . so, in my days I have found depression and TG issues are linked.

But, Sejd, I think teenagers can make any parent depressed. Its a tough period of biological change for them, a period of social role change for them, and it's a period of interpersonal relatiohship changes between them and all family members. Real easy to have some emotions to supress. (And if you live in coastal Washington State, you cuold probably stand a few more sunny days than you get ).

Hugs,
    'lissa
    But it did not work for me. I really need an out but need a GG to help. Oh well more wishing.

Silver Member Iniquity Blonde GG's Avatar
    maybe im wrong to add on this, so forgive me. but whatever we are in life, & the barriers we face, we always blame a thing in our life, for the reason we feel like we do.
    when your a GG you dont really have anything to "sheild" you, or "become" someone else. theres no escape from yourself when life hits you like a steam train !!
    Becoming someone else, a differant identiy is another persona that brings out so many good & bad feelings, but when your just "YOU" your laid nakied/bare to everyone, so theres no-where to hide, as it where !!
    my apologies again for adding to this
    [SIZE=3][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]angie [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by wickedblonde GG View Post
    maybe im wrong to add on this, so forgive me. but whatever we are in life, & the barriers we face, we always blame a thing in our life, for the reason we feel like we do.
    when your a GG you dont really have anything to "sheild" you, or "become" someone else. theres no escape from yourself when life hits you like a steam train !!
    Becoming someone else, a differant identiy is another persona that brings out so many good & bad feelings, but when your just "YOU" your laid nakied/bare to everyone, so theres no-where to hide, as it where !!
    my apologies again for adding to this

Im sure your post is fine wicked ,i personally enjoy the genetic POV on TS issues. Im just going to point out that it is the same for us as you , i have no one else to become either. I never became someone else. I was me , am me , and will allways be me.

Joy -> nice one your on the right track.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sejd
    Hi Lissa
    Thanks for your insight. A couple of notes to explain myself better. The son I'm talking about is now 24 and still smoking pot instead of dealing with his bi polar dissorder. And about the grey North West - well, I actually love that. this is the most beautiful place I have ever lived. (and don't you go tell anyone!!). hugs
    Sejd

Quote Originally Posted by Sejd View Post
    Hi Lissa
    Thanks for your insight. A couple of notes to explain myself better. The son I'm talking about is now 24 and still smoking pot instead of dealing with his bi polar dissorder. And about the grey North West - well, I actually love that. this is the most beautiful place I have ever lived. (and don't you go tell anyone!!). hugs
    Sejd

smoking pot probably IS his way of dealing with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am in therapy for depression. This is due to work / life stresses.

When I dress at home i lose some of my stress.

So dressing is part of my cure.