Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bare Legs

Scarlett

Unhappy Bare Legs

I've often wondered why so many GG's don't wear stockins anymore. Women with stockings are much more attractive than their bare leg sisters. I would think that wearing pumps without hosiery would not be comfortable.
    Habits change, how about photos from the 60's where everyone wore a hat, man and woman. I guess stockings are passe for the most part, too bad!!
    I just don't feel dressed without stockins and a garter belt or girdle.

This was discussed in depth by some of the GG's last year. After last Summer, I have to agree with them and have gone bare legged myself on several occassions. I do a lot of dancing though and the PH tends to be somewhat hot sometimes.

Silver Member
    Don't even own a pair of pantyhose. I like the feel of the wind on my bare legs as my skirt swirls around. Nothing like it for me. And pantyhose are just one more thing to fuss with. The simpler it is, the better I like it.

I do remember dresssing with all that stuff. And that's what I remember. I felt "stuffed". Like a sausage.

Dressing up is, I guess, another story, but here in northern New England, dressing up can mean just putting on a clean T shirt.

Lovies,
    Steph

I can't wear my heels without hose the shoesstick to my feet and don't feel right
    Angie

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    What? dress without hose? - I love 'em, and the control tops help my girlish figure!

I could maybe one day without.....I might try it.....someday.....

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

My highschool sweetheart commented on pantyhose once or twice. She loved the look but after 8+ hours wearing them and moving around they were about to drive her crazy. I don't remember the longest time I've been in pantyhose. A couple hours maybe. By the end I was beginning to identify with her on the comfort thing. Appearance-wise, I love them.

well i dont wear panties or tuck, so PH are what keep my... uh, well you know, in place.
    Can you really have to much mascara?

I think it varies culturally. I see more women wearing hose in Latin American cities, and locally in the UK and Ireland. Even Bishkek. These things probably come and go in each culture in some kind of rotation. I prefer wearing them. Joni

i dont always where them used to but for some reason moor and moor i go without them

i just love the feeling of bare legs, especially if i have a nice tan

PH just feels so feminine, even if it can be a pain sorting them out some time

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I only wear tights in the winter (on the rare occassions I'm not in jeans). Summer is for bare legs - much cooler and nothing to ladder
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

I've noticed this trend the last couple years and I think it really looks good. A woman with tan leggs and a pair of open toe sling back heels with a nice pedicure haveing their toes painted is a sight to behold.

Aspiring Member
    I've always liked both looks.....with and without hose, myself.

Platinum Member
    before i just did it and shaved my legs i loved stockings and hose ... or so i thought i did they hid the hairy legs i had .... now for a long time i don't like to wear them i would rather bare legs .... yesterday was the first time in over a year that i put a pair on because it was so cold .... it was OK .... but i would rather bare legs....

I can't imagine being enfemme and NOT wearing some form of hosiery. I have to agree with one of the comments above by Angie G; wearing heels without hose can be decidedly uncomfortable. My wife fully agrees.

I tend to think that people who despise pantyhose for how they feel/fit are wearing one or both of poorly sized (for them) hosiery and/or cheap hosiery. You get what you pay for, most especially in hosiery.

I once had a girlfriend who hated pantyhose. She had to wear them for work, but just hated wearing them. She'd take them off the first moment she could. She wore only No Nonsense pantyhose (for those not in the U.S., a low end pantyhose found usually in grocery markets and the like). I introduced her to high quality pantyhose, and she completely shifted her opinion.

I did something similar with my (now) wife our first Christmas together. She was accustomed to wearing Casual Corner hose which look about as good as granny's hose. They were comfortable, and fit her ok, but looked like crap. So, for Christmas, I got three different maker's pairs of hose and stuffed her Christmas stocking with them. Went over very well, and she's been in higher quality hose since.

Sales of pantyhose have been on the decline in the U.S. for ten straight years. The heyday of pantyhose is long gone now, and may never come back (my guess is it won't). But, on the bright side, the decline in sales has flattened out for the most part.

For my part, it is very rare that I see a woman in a skirt without heels that I find her more attractive than her counterparts that are wearing hose. Bare legs, to me, just look slobbish; like you couldn't be bothered to dress properly. For myself, wearing pantyhose is how I got started in crossdressing, and I'll never give it up. I love pantyhose too much to even consider giving them up.

Bare legs are much better
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

leggs

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Bare legs are much better
    i like bare legs myself and have tried ph but i still like bare legs and u can buy spray on tan at most dept stores in diff shades it comes off with water and i also love those tatooes that come off with soap also
    i am wearing them now as i dont have to work today or tomorrow i was dressed sexy earlier today huggs and kisses GLENDA

Silver Member
    Yes, Barney, you are right. Pantyhose that fit feel MUCH better than ones that don't. This is often the case with any article of clothing. Most girls who complain about hose and bras being uncomfortable are wearing the wrong size. Pantyhose that constantly need to be pulled up are obviously the wrong size. Bras that bind and dig are obviously the wrong size.

Still, I love the feel of bare legs swishing under my skirt.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I have a skirt and top on now without any hose. I'm starting to look at hose like the GG's... They're OK for special times when you must dress to the 9's, but otherwise... Especially when lounging around the house, who am I going to impress?... My SO?... NOT!
    It's still a personal choice. I used to wear them on a daily basis even under guy jeans.
    I still, cause of the weather, wear them or tights under leggings, and then my jeans over that, layering up, when I go outside though. Can't seem to keep my legs warm when the wind chill is -17.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not to sound like the devil's advocate here, but...

Pantyhose are hot and uncomfortable. I know it's not pleasing to hear, but it's the truth. And, as you mentioned, I believe that fashion trends are begining (or have already) to change. I used to practically live in hose, especially during the winter months. This winter--and it's been an especially cold one--I've worn hose exactly one time. I think that if you take a look around, you will discover that the fashion trend these days is bare legs...give it a try...it'll grow on you!
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

Trend or not, I don't want to give up the panty hose, In my younger days I preferred Nylons and a garter, but after a while, I gave up to the common girl practice of going to pantyhose, they where suppose to be more comfortable, and more practical, but not as sexy!
    Now they tell me the trend is bare legged, I am sorry but as long as I can get hosiery I will wear it, they make the legs look great, they feel great, and just because women are wearing pants all the time, or going bare legged, that does not mean I as a crossdresser have to follow suit. I will stay with skirts, hose, and heels, and the heck with what GG's find comfortable, if I was looking for comfortable, I could have just stayed in my Levis, and T shirt!!!!!!!

Tina B.

bare legs

I love the feel of stockings and wear thigh highs a lot under my regular clothing. I keep my legs shaved, but often wear bermuda shorts to play golf, etc. I live in S. Calif. and shorts are a staple of life and I play golf 2-3 times a week. I keep my legs tanned, so having bear legs, for me, is no big deal and no one notices or cares. But, when I'm dressed as Alice I can't imagine not wearing stockings.

I've made several posts praising pantihose for being so warm in the winter. In the summer they are still warm, or hot, or uncomfortably hot. I prefer the look of hose but I can also appreciate a girl's desire to be comfortable.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

i like to wear hose in the winter it helps to keep my legs warm. but the main reason that i don't wear hose is because i don't like the way the toe looks when i wear and open toe shoe. and almost all the dress shoes that i have are open toe.