Thread: What's in a name?

What's in a name?

Hi Every body:

I have been just learning the joy of dressing. I think I have know most of my life but never would admit to it. Always told myself it was just a fase. Now I know it not. It only took 35yrs. Anyhow I feel like I should have a female name and was wondering how everyone picks their female name. I have always love the name Dianne and have othen wished to be called Dianne. Do you pick a name to make a statement or just because you like the name.

So now you know the Femm side of me likes the name Dianne

femme name

Hi dianne, it really sounds like a beatiful name, go for girl
    Hi!
    I'm viky carr and I love croosdressing, I enjoy every part of it, most of all I really love the support of my beautiful wife

i picked this name because the girl i really really liked i am in high school got over it but it like crushed me when she broke up with me and when she didn't tell me why i cried first time over a girl and so thats how i got her first name and now i use it

At first I thought that a fem name was not necessary accept for use in online chat rooms. But one day last August I was able to order a playboy bunny costume and I had to pick a name to go on the rosette, after a long time of thinking I came up with Kelly and after that I have been Bunny Kelly ever since ( at least in my minde)

I know I don't stand much of a chance of doing the costume justice but I always loved the way the look.
    hopefully the person selling the costumes will be able to deliver soon.

Hi Dianne

If you like Dianne...that is a great name. It is classic...incredibly beautiful and very feminine.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

Picking a name never occured to me either. One day my wife,(back then my girlfriend), told me she's been thinking about a name for me. She thought it should be something slightly uncommon, that just fit me perfectly. She thought and thought about it all day,, then finally it hit her,.... Jazmine. I fell in love with it instantly.

i just like the name trisha its a name that has stuck and my step kids and there freinds call my trisha sometimes in guy mode as well

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar

What IS in a name?

The girl's name Diana \di(a)-na\ is pronounced dy-ANN-ah, dee-AHN-ah. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "divine". Mythology: Diana was an ancient Roman divinity who came to be associated with the Greek god Artemis. Noted for her beauty and fleetness, Diana is often depicted as a huntress.
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Jasmine flowers look and smell pretty--like me I just used some different letters is all.

Besides, I think it's a cute word and sounds cuter as Jaz.

Hey Jaz, I love that name! I picked mine because of a running joke in my family. I've always been the type of guy that did a lot of the housework at home, and I love to cook. I'm always preparing fancy meals for my wife and family. We also entertain alot, and love preparing big spreads for parties (mind you, my wife is a great cook too, gotta give her some credit also!). People are always joking that I'm a regular 'suzie homemaker'. I just figured that Suzie seemed appropriate.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

You got it right. Because I liked the name. Go for it Dianne. xx

Lisa was to be my female birth name... Simple really
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I think you should let a neutral party pick your name...

I christen you Betty McScrumptious!

Whatta think?

Was pretty simple for me, my Guy name is Paul so I just added an A and Whala...I got Paula. Actually Mom told me that if I had ben a Girl she was going to name me Paula. I don't guess she ever thought of the possibility of haveing a Boy who wanted to dress and act like a girl.

It was really simple for me. My wife picked it and now she calls me by that name. Oh what fun!!

Babette

I am Staci

I got mine from an old GF of mine from the early 80's she was a stripper in El Paso Staci was her stage name.
    She ended up marrying my best friend... strange how things work out aint it?
    Dianna I love that name I have a sister named that and she is my fav
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

I chose Diane myself because if my mom had another girl it would have been named Diane & I believe it to be a truly feminine name.
    "Diane"

Little Ms Witch Hermione Simpson's Avatar
    Nottinghamshire UK or the minstry of magic
    i chose hermione because i like the name & i'm a fan of the harry potter series (& i would like to be hermione especially when she goes to the yule ball), & simpson is my mums maiden name, but i'm also a fan of the simpsons

When my wife saw me totaly en fem she said you look like a Cassandra

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    I've used many names over the last 30+ years I've been dressing ie Helen, susan, carol. and probably a few others as well. Tracy Victoria came about due to membership on another website which is solely related to wigs.

I joined the site because i thought it was just solely for users that wore or had an interest in using wigs (ie expecting there to be many other TV's/CD's there, but that was not the case. it was mainly related to woman with hair lose problems etc.

I was really interested in the site, and the help some where giving, but I felt very much out of place, So I made a very long post on the forum regarding my situation, ie I was a crossdresser, male, but also noted in the post that I had been wearing wigs for over 30 years, infact from the age of about 12, there has been some form of wig/wigs in my life. Ie I've seen them develop from the one color kankalon fibre, rugs with really thick and some what like swimming caps, through to todays monotop wigs which really are superb and light years away from the cats that sat on peoples heads in the 60's.

After making the post, I said that I was happy to leave if people felt uncomfortable with me being there, I had not gone there for any other reason other than to help and seek further advice, and I certainly didn't want to add to these ladies problems. At the end of the post I signed myself of as TV as that was what I was, and basically said I would resign if people felt uncomfortable.

Instead of the reaction I expected, I got a lot of praise for my honesty and one regular girl who posted for years admited also to being a crossdresser. Which stunned the forum as she was a regular and well respected poster. I was asked to stay and i'm still a member of that forum today, I've not only gained wig knowledge from being there, but I've been able to give them views from my side of the fence.

So that how Tracy victoria came about, at the ends of my posts, I would just sign TV so people knew who was posting, but after time that developed in to T, then Tracy, and Tracy_V and then of course Tracy Victoria.
    Last edited by Tracy_Victoria; 02-08-2007 at 01:01 PM.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

i train racehorses...one that i trained a few years ago was named lissetta! i liked it so much ......

Dianne is a wonderful name.
    If you don't think that it suits you at a later time... You can always change it.
    I was originally Samantha, many, many, years ago in my teenie-bopper days, but I decided that I liked Sandra Marie much better about a year ago and I've stuck with ever since.
    Actually, as it turned out, the initials worked out with my real first & middle names.
    I'm still learning how to write it nicely though... My handwriting over the years is not so good. I usually print everything so that even I can read it. hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Dianne,

Welcome to the forum! You just selected your name like thousands of us have done!~!!!