Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sitting

Sitting

How do all your girls sit like a lady? My legs are muscular and I can't cross my legs in the same way a gg does. Does it just take practice? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Well.... We aren't really built like women, so there are a lot of things that just can't be done. Crossing my legs sometimes pinches me, especially if not tucked properly, although that does make it a bit easier. I've been sitting all my life with my ankles crossed tucked under a chair or off to the side. Never really sat with my knees very far apart, but I'm in my 50's and some things are second nature to me now.
    So, just try crossing your ankles and turning a bit to the side. It's worked for me all these years.
    Now walking without swaying my shoulders like a guy, or speaking in a soft feminine voice are the real challenges for me at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I find it prfectly normal to cross on leg over the knee of the other leg and then place my hands in my lap. It feels werid if I sit with my legs cross the way othr men do. I even find myself running my hands under my pant legs as I start to sit down. Just like if I was wearing a skirt or dress.

I enjoy being a girl ChristinefromOz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    So, just try crossing your ankles and turning a bit to the side. It's worked for me all these years.
    Yes, I find that a comfortable femme postion, too.

Don't know how I do it but I sit like a lady no matter how I'm dressed... Lol

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My mother never taught me how to sit while wearing a dress. She thought she was raising a boy.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

i haddent payed any attention untill you said some thing i will check it out

susie

So, just try crossing your ankles and turning a bit to the side.
    This is pretty much how I sit. It is what I have observed in a lot of GGs too.
    warmly, Linnea

Looking for what's new Lisa Baby's Avatar

Sitting as. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post

Karren
    I am like Karren. I haven't placed an ankle on my knee for more years than I can remember. It is just more natural to sit like a lady for me.

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by erinwoodrose View Post
    I always sit with my knees apart......what...is there something wrong with that
    Well if you like short skirt's like i do it wouldn't be lady like but hey.I guess it depend's on who's looking Justabit

I don't really think about it Erin because it just seems like the natural thing to do for me. But as they say... "Practice makes perfect."

Observe every woman in your personal universe, watch the women on television, etc. The key womanly advice is to always keep your legs closed either by...
    a. crossing your legs
    or
    b. crossing ankles.
    See my avatar.
    The other popular, and comfortable option, is to spread your ankles widely but rotate your knees inward so they touch together, effectively closing your upper legs/inner thighs.

Here's to sitting like a lady :-)
    Last edited by MarieTS; 02-16-2007 at 08:19 PM.
    Marie

Sitting ladylike is always right. It usually depends on my mood and who's around.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post

Karren
    Same here. I sometimes have to correct myself at the office when I realize how my legs are crossed when I'm sitting at my desk.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    I can cross my legs like a lady, tucked or not. and I take the opportunity and do it everytime I can... makes me feel sexy even when in drab.
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

I guess I'm lucky, I've never had a problem sitting like a lady (well as long as everythings properly tucked away anyway) legs being pretty slim, etc. Mind you I was trained not to cross my legs or ankles to avoid thrombosis a long time ago, might have helped a little that.
    Have faith. I don't mean faith in gods or governments, prophets or pundits. Have faith in yourself, in what you can do and what you know to be right. What you need is inside yourself, you can not find it in a book or the words of another, it may be hardest to find it there but if you look, find it you will!

My Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariannaj

I had a hard time sitting and crossing my legs like a lady but I kept at it and it just started to happen. Have no idea how that came about but I am guessing I trained my leg muscles to stretch.

I have noticed that upper class guys..successful movie stars, big executives...cross their legs kinda like girls do. But most guys do the deal with the foot right near the knee which is more macho I guess

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Well of course sitting with one leg crossed over the other is only one way of sitting like a lady. I sometimes just put my ankles and knees together or sometimes just my knees..... and in case you get confused, no, none of these pics is me. However the one the left is a cder.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 02-17-2007 at 01:16 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalay65 View Post
    How do all your girls sit like a lady? My legs are muscular and I can't cross my legs in the same way a gg does. Does it just take practice? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Yup me too! I have to catch myself to make sure I don't do the same leg cross when not en femme
    I guess it is all in the tuck technique.
    Last edited by MsEva; 02-17-2007 at 01:43 PM.

I almost always sit with my legs crossed, but I actually had to exercise my inner thighs for awhile to be able to sit with my legs together, as in the above pictures. It takes alot of getting used to.

I've never really thought about that much, but I know how I do because of people's comments, like at work. Those rednecks will sometimes make a comment like "how can you sit like that w/o crushing your nuts?" Even now and then, "why do you sit like a girl"? I think it came naturally.

Sandy's leggs...

Every once in awhile my wife will whisper to me and say "you need to stop crossing your leggs like Sandy". Its the one part of both I can't seem to separte.........

Huggs....
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Silver Member Iniquity Blonde GG's Avatar
    just read this post , and thought id add. when i sit ( lol ) i sit on one leg . ( tucked under other ) BUT if i have apointment etc i sit , ankles crossed and legs to one side so it looks more lady like !! but i prefer just to chill in me chair and sit with one leg under other !!
    [SIZE=3][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]angie [/SIZE]

I've sat with my ankles crossed in male mode and I've only had one person all my life ask me why I sat like a girl. I've done it all my life, and it's just a comfortable way to sit for me anyway. I never gave it any thought until that time when I was asked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can't explain it either. When I'm dressed, it all seems to come natural. Never really thought about it. It's the same with body language and gestures, it's there all the time. I have to remember which clothes I have on sometimes, alot spills over to drab mode and I have to catch myself.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

It can be tricky! I did a little public appearance en femme as a 'Dolly" type character, wearing a bicycle skirt which luckily has the panties sewn in. I thought I had my legs squeezed together, but one of the pics that 'friends' sent out on the internet gave a clear view all the way up to the panties. Luckily I was well tucked and gaffed under the bicycle skirt. It's not as easy as it looks. w.