Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your femme self look older or younger?

Does your femme self look older or younger?

Now that I've been dressing a bit more and even going out occasionally, I've noticed something disturbing.

When I get 100% dressed (clothes, hair, makeup) I look about 8-10 years older than I do in drab!

I don't know if it is a REAL effect, or if I just associate makeup, foundation, the clothes I wear and the way I style my hair with an older generation. Am I alone in this? When you dress, do you look older to yourself, the same, or actually younger?

What this really means is that there is no WAY I can wear 'young' styles. At my real age, I could still get away with fairly short skirts, but to 'dress my age' when fully made up so I don't draw too much attention, I need to stick to amuch more conservative wardrobe.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I would say about 15 years younger for me

The same... We are one
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Karren is younger.. I'm old... Sigh...

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I look younger i think

I look a lot younger in pics. Younger in person too, (maybe a dozen yrs), but not like in pics.

The quandry this presents is, were someone to see my pics first, then sees me, argh....

Mitzi
    Last edited by Mitzi; 02-16-2007 at 01:01 PM.

Not sure about appearance but I think Salandra has a slightly higher I.Q. than Rich. I can't prove that emperically though. I don't know how to quite compare doing housework to understanding quantum physics.

I believe I look about 10 years younger than what's-his-name. I figure it is because I have more hair than he does and my hair isn't that terrible non-color he has on what's left on top of his head. To repeat a story I think I told: the consultant at David's Bridal who helped me pick out a gown told me she thought I looked better as a woman than as a man.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Slip Lover

Younger by far

Perhaps as much as 20 years younger because I have hair again!

Ashley

younger or older

I look younger. The use of make-up covers the weather beaten features of my face and the sun damage. I get an even skin tone that take about 10-12 years off me. I've found a foundation that matches my skin color and can wear it during the day. It gives me a good feeling along with what I wear under my day clothes.

Definitely younger -- 10 years or so.....

is in her vest
    Hi

I think about the same....en femme I have no grey speckles though, as I do normally..the wonders of wiggery!!!
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

I have been told I look a lot younger than I do in drab. Must be the wig, since it doesn't have any gray hair in it. LOL

Wow, I'm the only person so far to say I look OLDER!

Perhaps it is all in my head... or a result of looking at myslef too closely in the mirror when applying the makeup. I swear, I never knew about half my wrinkles until noticing them while applying makeup

I wish I could put up comparrison photos to let you girls judge, but I'm not quite ready yet to put my face online where just anybody can see it.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Younger make covers all of my facial blemishes and dark eye circles. Jocelyn

You ask an interesting question that I decided I should find out the answer too. After checking with my friends the consensus is that I look anywhere from 10 to 15 years younger than my real age. I do believe that it has to do with two main things, the makeup and hair colour.

The makeup takes away many of the lines and smooths the facial appearance while the wig eliminates the grey or white hair colouring.

I would think that if you look older en femme, you should consider these two items along with the clothes that you wear.

Samantha

I look younger than I am in male mode, but older in female mode. Not that that's a bad thing mind you, I find it interesting though, that at least my SO is honest about my looks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i prob look about 2 years younger then what i am and it feels good as well.
    hugs Tanya

Need to get better withmakeup so I would say the same.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Sorry but I too have to say younger, at least by a few years, like so many others, I think the hair on top the head helps that illusion, but it is still not young enough to wear a lot of the cute new stuff I see out there, I am not looking like I could shop in the junior dept.
    And I think if you look around, you will see there is a lot of cute clothes out there that are age apporprete, just because you age , does not mean polyester pants and matching vest, with grey hair! I ahve been shopping in an upscale dept store lately and have seen many an older woman buying the same things I am looking at, and while they might not be mini's they are stylish, and very femmine!
    Tina B.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Hadn't thought about it until last week when I was told by someone who knew me en drab that I looked 10 years younger. Now that lifted my spirits even further. Guess its covering the grey hair and the makeup getting rid of the skin damage.

Seems to me that I do look younger than my 74 years when "en femme", but I think it's mostly because my own hair is grey and I like to wear a darker wig. With or without makeup my skin is clear an unlined, Guess I chose the right parents
    Betty

susie is much younger that her male side he is old fat and bald thank goodness for wigs and corsets

susie

I was told that I look 10 years younger so I assume this applies to Kenix as well.

I think that I look quite a bit younger as a woman. It's probably the make-up because it smooths out the wrinkles.
    warmly, Linnea