Thread: An interesting look

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar

An interesting look

On page 114 of the April 1 issue of Family Circle there's an interesting runway shot some of you guys might be interested in. She's wearing a striped dress shirt that looks like a man's shirt except it has wide cuffs, a tie, a vest that looks like a man's vest except it's tailored for women, white pants which look more like women's than men's, and what could be a white fedora with a black or blue band except the brim is very floppy in the back. Her hair is completely hidden by the hat. (I looked on their site for the picture but I didn't see it.)

This is supposed to be more of an androgynous look but those feminine touches are pretty evident. But you might find it interesting as a starting point. I especially like how the tailored vest makes you do a double take and wonder if her waist is just a little too narrow to be a man. Change the shirt to a men's dress shirt or a woman's dress shirt with mens-style cuffs and wear a "neutral" pair of pants and the look would really work. Oh yeah, you'd have to get a more classic fedora too.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Sounds good, Casey. Too bad there's no pic on their site, I'd love to see it too. And you reminded me - I need to find a vest that fits well.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sounds great Casey. I personally love it when I see women dressed in men's clothes, it's kind of a turn on for me, especially when they are dressed sharply. The fact is that it's just another example of personal expression that I think is very cool.