Thread: Provera/Progesterone Query

Error: User not found;

Provera/Progesterone Query

Hi everyone ,

I feel i am needing to add progesterone into my hormone dose. I was hoping anyone who had experience with it could suggest types/dosages and i am unsure of the daily or cycle methods. If anyone has any links to information also that would be appreciation.

My current doctor is inexperienced with transsexuals but asked me to research as much i could on it. Also any knowledge of increased/decreased cancer risk in transsexuals when taking progesterone & estrogen as opposed to just estrogen would be appreciated.

Thanks - Nicole
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ToyGirl View Post
    Hi everyone ,

I feel i am needing to add progesterone into my hormone dose. I was hoping anyone who had experience with it could suggest types/dosages and i am unsure of the daily or cycle methods. If anyone has any links to information also that would be appreciation.

My current doctor is inexperienced with transsexuals but asked me to research as much i could on it. Also any knowledge of increased/decreased cancer risk in transsexuals when taking progesterone & estrogen as opposed to just estrogen would be appreciated.

Thanks - Nicole
    When I was taking Provera, I took 1,10 mg tablet a day. That was what was prescribed for me. Hope that helps a bit.

Crazy Lady

A funny side short story about progesterone

My wife and I had to go the test tube baby approach to have our first son. I was required to give her progesterone shots once or twice a day (I do not remember which) in her derriere. We recieved two needles for the shots, a big needle to be used to get the progesterone out of the bottle, and a small needle to do the injection to make it less painful. The reason for this is that progesterone we were using was a thick medicine. Only I forgot about using the small needle when giving my wife the shot. Poor thing. It was only much later I learned about using the small needle.

Dee

What kind of doctor asks the patient to do the research for them? If you are asking this question merely to elicit dosages so you can self-prescribe, I suggest you act cautiously -- different people are prescribed different amounts of medication.

Sharon, those were exactly my thoughts as I read this.

Secondly what GP does endo work? Most arent comfortable or experienced enough to do it to begin with.

If my suspicions are correct, I would suggest getting under the care of a doctor, not self prescribing.

We've seen it all before hon. Sorry to be so brutally honest.

Kimberley.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Error: User not found;
    Thanks ChristineRenee.

And lol @ Self prescribing You two are cute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wish you could see someone who is a bit more experienced, but in leui of that I'm glad you're seeing a GP that can monitor your health and keep you safe.

Check out the regimens at Anne Lawrence's site. http://www.annelawrence.com/regimens.html
    My first book, The Shipping Mistake, has been published. It's about all my pre-op years, since I was a child.

It is available for purchase at the following links online:

Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Lulu (the printer)

You can download a free preview by following any of the book links at Lulu