Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leg shaving

Leg shaving

I have shaved my legs twice, the past two winters. It's a huge pain, and you neve realize how much hair is actually on your legs until you try to get rid of it. What a pain! Not to mention I have myself a huge cut on my heel that bled forever. But oh what a feeling when I slip into some pantyhose. I thought my legs look good in hose before, but when they are shaved. Wow! I kind of wish I could do it year round, but I am way too afraid of being outed. Does anyone keep their leg shaved all the time?

CDKathy
    Hi Jill,

Yup it is a big pain, just ask any GG.

Actually, I haven't been keeping mine shaved either. Sort of goes along with keeping my beard for nearly 20 years. Just never liked shaving, PERIOD! :mad:

However, I have shed the body hair from time to time over the years and, believe me, I am one hairy beast.

Now I seem to have turned a page in the book of life and am starting a new chapter. Especially since finding this site.

I just went through this so here's what I did...

When I do the initial hair removal process, I go out to the local drug store and pick up a bottle of Nair hair remover. I haven't tried the new Nair for Men but you might not get the funny looks if you buy that instead. Anyway, I follow the instructions for removing stubborn hair and have myself a good soak in the tub. Warm water, not hot. Softens the hair and feels good too. Then I get out, towel off and apply the Nair, starting at my feet and working my way all the way to my neck. Then I wait until just short of the maximum time in the instructions and start the shower running. Again, warm not hot. Then, in the shower, I just use a soft wash cloth to just wipe the hair away.

Now, this isn't a perfect solution for me as it tends to leave a bit of stubble behind. Maybe the Men's version would work better. What I do next is to wait a couple of days. The remaining stubble is a bit of a pain but I just bear with it. Then, as I just did this morning in fact, I have another soak in the tub. Then using my lady's razor and shaving gel, while still in the tub, I go over everything. Stubble is gone and I'm feeling smooth as silk. And, from now on, I intend to keep it that way.

Now it is just a matter of maintenance which only entails the last bit. Who out there doesn't enjoy a good soak in the tub? I feel sorry for those who only have a shower.
    Last edited by CDKathy; 05-29-2004 at 12:59 PM.

Smile I Just Shaved My Whole Body Too!

Yes it IS a pain but it's well worth it! I just used a razor after soaking in the tubby for a while. I use regular hand soap and a triple edge razor. What I found works good is to keep the razor against your skin in both directions, so on the return stroke it pulls the hair back out of the razor.
    My Biggest problem is getting those little ingrown hairs a day or two after! Looks like a bunch of little pimples But if you can keep a good lotion on and take a long bath each day or so it helps quite a bit! I shaved my chest and it gets itchy once in a while but it's getting better now!
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

I wish I could keep my legs shaved all the time, but I live in Florida and wear shorts every day. Even in the winter.

I've only shaved twice but I loved it and loved the way my legs looked in black hose when they were shaved. I can't wait to do it again sometime.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 10-20-2007 at 11:14 AM.
    Charlotte

I hear that Charlotte. My being in Florida also, relates to wearing shorts most of the time..What stops me from shaving all the time is definitly the bumps that show after a day or two... It gets to look so bad. Like I have been attacked by a swarm of fire-ants or something.. I think if I was ever lucky enough to find a CD party locally, I would surely shave all over again for the look... One trick I have found, is if you keep your hair trimmed very short, almost stubbly, and keep your body well tanned, it gives a great illusion of smoothness. I am working on that again now...

Why are there so many CD's in Tampa? Some girls have all the luck

Departed

Talking Baby Steps

I'm preparing for a big weekend in a couple of weeks and the clothes I have require a shaved body. Since I'm a swimmer I can use that as an excuse. What I have done recently is use the sideburns trimmer on my electric shaver to cut back the hairs to about 1/4 their original length. Next on the agenda is to tan the skin. Something about tanned skin that seems to hide the lack of hair. In less than 2 weeks my skin will be as barren as the Sahara.

Imaging how much faster I will be in the pool!

Julie

Sabryana
    I read this somewhere but have not tried it so cannot vouce for its effectiveness. Was mentioned that if you add 1/2 cup of baking soda to a warm bath and soak in it for 10-15min that it will soften the hairs and make shaving easier. Personally I have turned to waxing since it really didnt hurt to me even with really hairy legs. Supposedly after several times your hair gets to begins to come in much finer instead grow faster and get darker like shaving does. Certain body washes also help to keep ingrown hairs away.

I shave Year round

I started the same way, shaving only in the winter scared to death of someone noticing. I think my biggest fear was my dad seeing. He has always seen me as his perfect masculine son and when he noticed and asked why I shaved my legs and I simply anserwed honesestly "Because I like it better" I got over the fear of people noticing. I now shave year round and besides my dad noticing almost 3 years ago and my sister saying somthing one time no one has ever really said one word. I guess what I am saying is now days I think you can pretty much get away with it without having to come up with any real convincing "excuse".......I mean you dont have to mention to anyone how incredible your legs look and feel after a good clean shave wearing a pair of stockings or pantyhose. As far as the pain in the ass issue, I have noticed (I shave standing in a cubicle shower) that shaving has become a hell of a lot less inconvieniance the more frequent I do it and how often I moistierize. I shave almost everyday, now days using shave minimizing lotion I shave once evey other day now and it has become so quick and easy. I spend ten minutes in the shower shaving counting the time I spend washing the rest of my body. I also should mention I am 6' 1'' tall. I also use the lotion everyday especially right after I shave. Anyway I hope I didnt bore you and I hope I answered your question.
    Kisses, Marissa.

Not a pain at all any longer. Have been shaving my legs and most everything else blow my eyebrows for many years - started because I bike alot - like the 72 miles I did yesterday.

Bikers shave their legs because it is easier to clean out road rash wounds after a bad fall and because the regular massages any hard riding biker needs is also performed better on shaved legs.

When I first shaved my legs I used the biker's excuse - now after so many years I just say "I like the feel. You ought to shave your legs and see how great it feels."

The other thing is that I dont mind being seen as a little androgenous or even femme in public - I also keep my blond hair rather long and almost always wear gold hoops in my ears (both pierced). But then being gay makes it easier especially in the gay community I live and work in. I really dont have to protect my "masculinity" as much as straight guys have to in the heterosexual community.

Charley
    COLOR=DarkRed]CharleyVA[/COLOR]

Ted

leg shaving

I have been able to shave my legs only a few times. Because of my work, I cannot shave my legs as I have fitness training in the Army every morning. But I am getting close to retirement in a few years and when that happens, that is one first things I am going to do. It felt great to wear pantyhose with no hair on my legs.

I was completely shaved all winter, but, unfortunately, have had to let it grow back for summer...don't want to disappoint my family and relatives.
    I love the feeling of being smooth, and it looks better, imo.

Elinor

Thumbs up

I too used to shave my legs about three years ago. Smooth legs are cool, a slip and skirt feels better more feminine. If it feels good then it is good. Live life enjoy life.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Girls,

I've been shaving for a few weeks now (all over), but tonight I've gone a stage further - got all excited & waxed my legs. Very impressed at the results too (although I've still got to learn to do it right, it all takes time). It didn't hurt as much as I expected either

Bodybuilding

One of the trends in body building is to shave your entire body to show off your muscles better. If you want to shave just tell them you are lifting weights.

I actually started working out for that reason ... what can I say?

Suzzie

Shaving

Hello gang,

I shave my pits, private area up to my belly button and my upper legs every two days. I like to becauce I have to stay on top of it. If not, the hairs are too long and tougher to shave. This makes it easier and I can wear baggy shorts any time of the year and still wear my short shorts around the house. The lifting of weights thing sounds very interesting, but I don't want to let my upper body get too big. I like a toned body that's tanned and hairless. Just wish lots more people would do it.

Love Suzzie

Red face Id love to shave

Its just a dream for me to be able to shave my legs. God how Id love too. Maybe someday.....

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    I think everybody should shave their legs. I love when men shave their legs, whether they are CD/ TV or not. I don't think most people look twice about it; lots of bikers, swimmers, bodybuilders, etc. do it... Many men have very little or very fine hair anyway.
    Nothing wrong with it.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

I use to shave my legs in winter (for very practical reasons and that of being able to wear wool pantyhose - I am sensitive on cold - health wise and helps me a lot if I can keep my legs warm) but now I keep it almost all the time winter and summer. And I do not care much what someone thinks of me as regards to that. There are men that do not have too much of body hair anyway.... So I do not see it as very big deal.

Vaxing is much better than shaving, longer lasting results, but shaving or vaxing nevertheles if you have a lot of body hair that you need to use moisturizers. Hair actually helps skin to have some kind of natural lubrication.

But, this is not the reason I wanted to reply here. The reason why I wished to reply here is that in old greek times everyone shaved complete body !!!! It is this understanfing of this civilisation that masculine means having hairy body. For old greeks it was shape and abilities rather than body hair.....
    Anyhow I think there's hardly better feeling of having legs hair removed after some time having it hairy. I feel lighter and more skin sensitive. That is so great. Once you keep them hair free at all times your skin get somewhat numbed to touch.... I wish I can shave it every day as it would be the first time!

I kept my legs shaved for almost two years. I found that if I touched up in the shower every day as I shaved the rest of my body, it was almost no
    trouble: only a couple of minutes added to shower time. The feeling of the
    smooth skin under panty hose or stockings was well worth the effort. One time a golfing friend asked if I shaved my legs; I said yes and nothing else was brought up again.

Talking

I have two words EPIL STOP..

I bought it for my girlfriend and before I gave it to her I tried it out myself..the hair on my arm is still gone
    Mel

Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.

I shave my legs twice a week. If you keep on top of it
    it doesn't take long.

I wear shorts in the summer and have never had a comment,
    my hair is naturally fair and I don't think many people are
    that observant.

makalya
    Hi Jill,

Nice legs!

Just like some of the other Florida girls in here I have the, 'always in shorts' delima and have not found the courage to shave and deal with the opinions of others. Some day I'll get on with it and take the step of shaving that I have longed to do for so long.

I want to thank all of the respondents to your question as thier experiences have helped pave the way for me.

thanks again,
    Makalya

Sabryana
    Took Abraxas' advice and tried the Epil Stop stuff and its been a waste of $15 for me. Have used it 2 days in a row and still only removed half of the hair. Instructions say not to leave it on for more than 8 minutes before removing so I have tried to stay around that timeframe but it barely removes any hair each time. Not saying that it doesnt work but for me I just dont feel its been effective. Trial and error.

Leg Hair

I find a good triple bladed razor and a good gel shave cream work well for the legs ...

Ted
    Haven't been able to shave my legs in a loooong time. Mostly because I returned to the military for employment. Secondly, because I am a very hairy guy, and thirdly, I am trying to repair my marriage with my wife. She says she likes the hair and got pissed last time I shave them.

But when I retire! look out.....