Thread: Just toled my mother.

Just toled my mother.

OK, you're not idiots, you can tell from the thred title what this is about. I came home from uni today for the weakend, and just toled my mum that I'm transgender (really, like half an hower ago. eep!)

It was compleatly haroing bilding up and trying to say it and I nearly freaked out (which she laughed at later). But then I said it and it was O.K. (once I'd explained what I ment, and that it wasn't because I was 'gay', rather the other way round).

Few!

We talked about it for a while (and got the hole internet-caution talk), and I told her I don't know where it's going, or how far it's going to go, but I'm sorting it out, and for god's sake, if you see a pair of boxers on the line that you don't recognise don't give them to my brother. And that I'm slightly dreding telling my dad&stepmum.

She said that she didn't realy understand all that much about it, but was happy that I hadn't had to spend years agonising over it, that as long as I was ok she was ok, and she'll love me no matter what shape I am. And that I'm forbiden to use the acrinims we use here and that I'm to explain all terminology slowly and clearly (I think I confuser her somewhere along the line).

All in all a sucsesfull evening.

(oh, mentioned you guys too. Said you where cool )
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

Josh I'm so happy for you bro It's great that ya Mum is so cool with things and good luck with ya Dad and Stepmum, let us know how it goes won't ya. xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

thanks! God, I'm not telling them yet.. I've used up all the stres-hormone my body can make for the minuit!

Nice one Josh airnt mums cool

Caroline
    Yorkshire Gal
    [SIZE="2"]Caz[/SIZE]

Holland/Netherlands/The land of windmills and clogs
    CONGRATS!

I'm back! Shiver with fear!

Wow, good for you! That took guts. So glad Mum is cool about it (can she adopt me?). She's got the right attitude - just wants you to be happy. And it's great that she wants to learn about it too. Sounds like the coolest mum ever. Congrats! Big hug for you . . .
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yay!! glad it went well for you

*Runs up to you with party hat and brownie with candle on it* YAY happy coming out! Congrats man, glad that went well.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

Good for you Joshua! Doing so is not an easy thing by any stretch of the imagination. I admire your courage as trying to come out is the biggest thing in my life atm. So WTG!

M
    We are made of stars.

Congrats, Joshua. Moms are like that (yeah, they are).
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Congrats, mate! Glad that went well for ya!
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Heeey Josh, that's awesome

I'm so pleased for you...!
    Well done, that takes guts dude.
    Your mum sounds cool! Good one!

Btw... hahaha Evert's picture is perfect!
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo View Post
    Heeey Josh, that's awesome

I'm so pleased for you...!
    Well done, that takes guts dude.
    Your mum sounds cool! Good one!

Btw... hahaha Evert's picture is perfect!
    with all of that.

I'm glad your mom knows so you have somone to sound things off with, and she sounds like a great mom who knows how to back her kid.

I had to laugh at your boxers on the clothesline thing - my mom once found something of mine after we stayed over and she went around to all the women in the family trying to find out who they belonged to. Finally she said "oh, I think I know whose they are." and nothing more was said. Makes me wonder if she doesn't know a lot more than I think she does.

I think having your mom know must be nice. One day I'll tell my mom and she'll probably say "oh that! of course I knew for years!"

kudos to you dude
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Awesome Josh!!! Want to tell my mom now for me??

Nice pick, Evert.

Went and told my brother too last night. He looked prety thrown, which is understandable for a fourtean year old who's just bean toled that his big sister wants to be his big brother insted.

aare, you guys are awesome.
    Last edited by John; 02-24-2007 at 04:21 PM.

Hey congrats on telling your brother!
    My goodness, we have all sorts of comings out here. And I thought I was being brave 'cause I'm packing some boy clothes for this weekend home, to heck with what my Mom'll say, but I have no intention of explaining anything. But yay for coming out! *gives you party hat and brownie*
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

Oh, poor brother . . . he sounds confused. Good for you for telling him too - bet that feels good, huh?

*looks around for more brownies*
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mmm... brownies...

yeah, it's quite the coming out party. Hay, I'm seeing my dad tomoro, I could make it the full set (oh no way in hell).

And I supose he is kinda confused (I had to explain to him what transgender ment) but everythings cool, since we then spent the evening watching one of the Bottom live shows (Rick Male is my god). Also had to have him show me how to deleat my internet history so that non of his friends found this sight when they come over next (that could be an interesting situation)

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Aaaargh another Bottom fan.. me too!!!
    Everyone says I was educated at the "Rik Mayall School for Innuendo" cos I'm always quoting him and doing pervy faces like him and stuff lol!!

Omg I know all the Bottom live shows nearly off by heart... how cool to meet another RM fan

Good luck with your Dad if you DO decide on trying to tell him :yikes:

Btw... I resent that you claim we're not idiots in your 1st post of this thread... I can be very idiotic sometimes
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Congrats on telling your mom and bro and them being all cool about it. Definately awesome. Have a cake.

At last, more fans of crass, inapropriate humour!
    yep, he rules. I sore him on stage a while back doing the New Statsman, he has such an amaizing stage presence. He can do a purvy look with his entire boddy.

And no way in hell is my dad geting toled today, by the way.

mmm... cake.