Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beards and Mustaches

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

Beards and Mustaches

I mostly keep my face clean shaved, but sometimes I like to grow my beard and mustache out for a few weeks or a month, my SO likes my beard, gee I wounder why? Do any of the other girls do that. I find I get questioned alot by freinds, relatives and co-workers why I shave and grow it so often. Most of the time I answer, " Because I feel like it". " Got a problem with that."
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

Years ago, I used to grow a full beard for the winter onths, the grizzly bear look, giggle. But now, that I'm much more accepting of my fem self, I keep everything shaved, all the time.

nope i have never let it grow i hate it sooooo much if i dont shave to get rid of it i end up trying to pull my face off i would like to get rid of it forever mabe one day this will happen

I think your so needs you to look like a man. I hate shaveing wish someone cauld invent a creame to get rid of stubble

Platinum Member
    if i go up to the camp for a week i won't shave... but first rest stop on the way back off it comes....

no way do I like beards I always shave twice a day. I cant stand to have hair on my face at all.

Ihave a full santa beard. It's long and white. I shaved it off about 15 years ago and my SO wouldn't sleep with me for 2 weeks, until it grew back! GO figure!!! The beard is why no photos of me.

I've had a beard and moustaache for all of my adult life. I prefer the way my face looks in a beard, and it is one of the few hard and fast rules about dressin that my SO has; she loves men with facial hair and would not be happy with me shaving it off.

It's a dichotomy for me. I love to dress; it's a big part of who I am, but I know that I'll never be able to pass like so many of you girls because of the beard. It limits my options, and am makes me unwelcomed at many CD events. But my beard is part of who I am, too.

I still haven't decided if I'll be dressed at Transgender 2007 where I will be a vendor, though I have been told if I do I won't be the only CD there with a beard. Might have to post a poll about it.
    Last edited by Kali; 02-24-2007 at 06:40 PM.

i had somewhat of a beard in my late teens.it helped me get into the bars and clubs at that time.odley enough i shaved clean on 7-7-77 [mabey my lucky numbers]and have been clean since.i have no desire to let any part of it grow anymore.and i don't think i ever will.

I only let my facial hair out in the summers when I'm unlikely to dress. Seeing myself en femme with facial hair totally ruins it for me.

I've grown a beard a few times in the past, but everyone told me that it made me look older. I'll keep it clean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think that my SO likes my mustache because no other woman will have a mustache like mine. She says that she loves it and feels the same way about the hair on my chest. When I shave it all off, she will not talk to me directly or laugh under her breath. When my son was younger and I shaved it off, he cried when I held him until I would grow it back. Now I still have a small mustache but have been shaving the rest for about a year now.
    RONDA

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE] "I THINK THAT MY SWITCH IS STUCK PARTLY OPEN"

Grew a full beard just before I got out of college, then kept it for most of the last 30 years except for a few years in the Navy. I shaved it off almost 2 years ago and will never grow one again, now that I am actively dressing.

Sally

I had a moustache for twenty years and a beard for ten. I had to shave the beard for work so I did the moustache too. They just didn't look good with my dress.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

No way, absolutely not, should be a law against it. The very thought of a Trannie with a beard is weird beyond my comprehension.
    Of course I know I'm wrong:freedom of expression, each to their own and so on but it's one thing I really can't get my head round. People with beards in skirts and heels are probably far more advanced in their thinking than I but I still don't like it. Foundation must be a pig to apply. Perhaps it's one of those dreaded TS v CD things. I just get these Monty Python pictures with a bloke in a flowery dress, beard and pipe.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Anyone can be nice, being difficult is an art.

Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I've had a beard and moustaache for all of my adult life. I prefer the way my face looks in a beard, and it is one of the few hard and fast rules about dressin that my SO has; she loves men with facial hair and would not be happy with me shaving it off.

It's a dichotomy for me. I love to dress; it's a big part of who I am, but I know that I'll never be able to pass like so many of you girls because of the beard. It limits my options, and am makes me unwelcomed at many CD events. But my beard is part of who I am, too.

I still haven't decided if I'll be dressed at Transgender 2007 where I will be a vendor, though I have been told if I do I won't be the only CD there with a beard. Might have to post a poll about it.
    Well I think that if you want to have a beard, go for it! Who says dressing up and facial hair are necessarily incompatible?

I had a mustash until christmas 2000 but have been clean shaven since

I am really surprised how many CDers are with beard. Me too. I have had a full beard for over 35 years. My wife has never seen me without it. Once in a while I say something like, "Maybe I'll shave it off and see what I look like." Her comeback is. "NO! Don't ever shave it off. I like it too much. I like the way you look with a beard and it is so soft!"

She does not know about my dressing and having the beard keeps me off the streets, so to speak. I have a full lenght mirror, almost. I stand in front of it and I can see myself from the neck down and use my imagination for the rest of it.

Susie
    “I am what I am and that’s all that I am"...Popeye

In my younger days, the wife loved me in a moustache, and I would at times grow a beard, but when I had either, I would only dress when I was home alone, and I stayed away from mirrors, but for years now I have stayed clean shaven, and no longer fear mirrors!
    Tina B.

Nope, never had a moustache or beard. I've been clean shaven since I sprouted my first hair at puberty.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

I once in a while get the urge to grow goat- tee for awhile until I shave it and my legs. I guess I please both sides of the coin.

I've been growing a beard since I've been able to. I've had mine for 4 years or so (had facial hair longer than that... but it just wouldn't connect to form the beard lol).

I like the way my male self looks with it, and so does everyone else. But I like to shave it from time to time. Although, my SO HATES when I shave (and yes, she knows about my crossdressing). I want to shave my body as well, but she doesn't want me to do that either. Says she likes my hairy chest and legs. Bleh. I like being clean shaven from the neck down. It feels so good! (and its been so long!)

-Ally

beards

hi

I can only stand facial hair for a few days, then I shave it off. I tryed a mustache before I went in the Air Force.
    I love being a girl

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

Thanks

Love all the responses girls
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

I had a moustache for a few years. Now I stay clean shaven (face and ...... Hmmm). I'm finding that the beard growth is not as thick and tough as it was in my 30's, and easier to cover up.