Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan

Ryan

Hey Ryan, do you know they wrote a little article about your blog on youtube.com? Its an Dutch article about transpeople and youtube.
    They also gave this link to your blog. Here is the article: http://www.continuum.nl/index.php?id=275 (Dutch)

They also write this about you:
    Een blog van een 26-jarige Londense FTM die een baan zoekt en zich soms gediscrimineerd weet. Klik hier.

Translated:
    A blog of a 26 year old FtM from London. She is searching for a job but she feels somethimes a little bit discriminated.

I thought you had to know.

Bye, Xaff
    Everyday I breake the law........of Gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaff View Post
    Hey Ryan, do you know they wrote a little article about your blog on youtube.com? Its an Dutch article about transpeople and youtube.
    They also gave this link to your blog. Here is the article: http://www.continuum.nl/index.php?id=275 (Dutch)

They also write this about you:
    Een blog van een 26-jarige Londense FTM die een baan zoekt en zich soms gediscrimineerd weet. Klik hier.

Translated:
    A blog of a 26 year old FtM from London. She is searching for a job but she feels somethimes a little bit discriminated.

I thought you had to know.

Bye, Xaff

From London?.... and 'She'? humph...... But thanks Xaff!
    Last edited by Ryan; 04-29-2007 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    From London?.... and 'She'? humph...... But thanks Xaff!
    Jeb, they call you idd a she: Londense. Otherwayse it would be Londenaar.

Platinum Member
    Jeb, they call you idd a she: Londense. Otherwayse it would be Londenaar.
    what Ryan is getting at is that he's not even from London and he's not a she!!...so the article is not well written and doesnt reflect the truth
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 04-29-2007 at 08:28 AM.

Sorry to but in and I'm proably missing the point here but whoever "they" are, don't they need Ryans permission to do this.?
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra GG View Post
    Sorry to but in and I'm proably missing the point here but whoever "they" are, don't they need Ryans permission to do this.?
    yup i would have thought so Sandra

The whole articele is also a little bit strange I think. But I can't realy explain. It's how they talk about transpeople. Maybe Evert can explain, becose he can read Dutch too.

They talk about transpeople if they are a diffrent kind of humans. But not exactly like them. (......no, I can't realy explain )

Xaff,

Platinum Member
    The whole articele is also a little bit strange I think. But I can't realy explain. It's how they talk about transpeople. Maybe Evert can explain, becose he can read Dutch too.

They talk about transpeople if they are a diffrent kind of humans. But not exactly like them. (......no, I can't realy explain )

Xaff,
    where is Evert when we need him.....is there anyone that has a translator tool?

EDIT:- Ive just put it through babelfish and heres the translation

Quote Originally Posted by some crap journo lol
    YouTube develop into a video library concerning transgender. You find there films and tv-programma's but the speciality of YouTube is the videoblog: the day book for the camera. In the best blogs a conflict where the small films themselves and the responses of publicly a head role play, is battled out. Its blog Transgender in New York in the cellar of the office building start where she works. Them stands for a harsh barge wall and above its verwarmingspijpen tap. They has been used twenty, no make up and has large Kalimero look. ` Hi! I am and I am transgender say them. ` two are suffered years I from Utah to New York have come. Utah were no good spot for me. The last time I have made much good friends. There this blog proceed. In a next episode of Erin's videoblog we look at to from the underground railway whereas that concerning the East River to Manhattan rages. It is December and air is blue. ` this view has I every day jubilates, looking at to the skyscrapers. We run to the products house Macy's Erin's girlfriend meet Morgan, cross a protest top of black Americans and decisions the day in Central park with Erin's friends. The small film has achtduizend hits. Under the picture you can read the responses. ` I still live at my parents say to transjongen from New Mexico. ` how you do that with your parents? sky bed That question is home. In the fourth episode tells that she is not possible to house with kerstmis. ` I am not possible to house, unless I come as a man tell them. ` I want gladly present my girlfriend to my parents, but my girlfriend has no relation with a man. I feel myself rot. I think that I continue working with kerst but. It it would be fine to house go, but I am kinder mezelf. I is possible, however, to Morgan's parents. Those accept me, however. The responses of the kijkers stream in. Two examples: BambiBlue: You're beautiful. I wish I could say how sincere I am. Beautiful. Inside and out. GenieP: Be yourself. You look great and your family will come around some day. And then something tells that to its tale another turn gives: parents also its look at to its small films on YouTube. It the first time that is them her as a woman to learn has known. With our they have with its girlfriend see romping in Central park. With our they read the responses of the kijkers. Now we know that its parents look at, its blog change all of a sudden in a conversation between and its parents. ` were I happy in Utah? she asks to the camera. In ideas we hear say its ouder's: ` how come you that your unfortunate it was? Then we had nevertheless seen that! We are no bad parents! Its mother lays especially its younger little sisters wants protect from that. Thirteen and sixteen years old are them, and they can their older brother run not pardoes as a woman against the lijf. Is possible not yet to house. During the kerst it is quiet. Just halfway January she starts post. She tells how she felt themselves in its youth, and we know that its parents look at. In episode 8 its parents admit a beetje. ` them have told it to my little sisters say. ` which have, however, cried an hour. My mother now accepts that my transseksualiteit do not proceed. Its mother does not want still that himself with its little sisters concerning talks there. ` but perhaps am possible I a time to house. In episode 9 she tells that them, however, an hour with its little sister of sixteen has spoken. The first conversation in a year. ` we had it entirely nowhere concerning, say struck as. ` but we have really spoken. I with its still hours am able talk concerning nothing! In the next delivery she catches the jet ear and plays the ASTRE of the sky. And then she will finish laughing with Morgan on holiday to in a sky bed in Virginia. YouTube have done its work. Larry Springer Videoblogs are an important reason why looks at people to YouTube. You can select on trefwoord and in contact come directly with the maker. What you see frequently day still the same has been taken: if the hero from its or its problems will be come still uncertain. That draws. Moreover videoblog can tell a laminated tale. What firstly a video of dagje from to Central park, proves to be later a letter of had been simply repudiated for the to its parents. It is as if against its parents says: ` look but... it is not this way terrible. This is my girlfriend. Lief nevertheless? And hé, this is true I works. Unfortunately most of the lives are not this way stretching and for this reason invent people recover. A group scenario writers Hollywood took off there schepje on top of and could the most popular write videoblog. Just after small sixty deliveries the kijkers came behind that lonelygirl15 no solitary little girl are there, but new Zeelandse actress who lives in loose Angeles. Blogs examined most have been acted. If the makers find a way to deserve money to their videos, to YouTube ordinary soapzender become, say some critici. At the same time there are innumerable people who want share simply their care and experiences. The picture plays thereby a distinguished role. Videobloggers see elkaar's face and do not start this way rapidly quarrel and ` trolls such as participants of newsgroups which have only text for eyes. A video tells more than hundred e-mails. There and its parents have had also much to. Thinks that videoblogs can change the representation concerning transgenders. In the last delivery of its blog she goes by rail other transgenders to to start a video day book. She has found itself a new job and must them from air. Its rag top and webcam were of its old boss. ` but you must continue say them. ` it is important that people see that we are ordinary people. None typetjes for the Larry Springershow
    - Blog discriminated of a person is London FTM who zoekt a job and sometimes weet. Click here. it goes to ryans youtube page here http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ryanbabes
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 04-29-2007 at 12:00 PM.

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Yeah but most online translators aren't properly accurate.
    And I'm sure a translator tool/my dutch book won't help as much as Xaff anyway hehe!

Let's just wait for Evert hehe.
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Yeah idd. Maybe Evert went to the city. Today's evening is: Koninginennacht (Queensnight) Tomorow it's the Queens birthday, so there will be a party. And it starts with a party (and selling things for cheap on the street) this evening.
    I am going tonight too, but maybe Evert already went to the city.

For if Evert comes up: Het deel onder het laatste tussenkopje is een beetje raar, die bedoel ik. Ook hoe ze spreken over de mensen.

Xaff,

I'm thinking there's probably a cultural element, besides being a language thing. Evert is probably still recovering from hanging out with his homemade buddy the other night, but I'm sure he'll be here and help us out.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo View Post
    Yeah but most online translators aren't properly accurate.
    And I'm sure a translator tool/my dutch book won't help as much as Xaff anyway hehe!

Let's just wait for Evert hehe.
    babelfish is 9 times out of 10 pretty accurate!

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    babelfish is 9 times out of 10 pretty accurate!
    Haha not as close as 9 out of 10! The funny phrases that thing has come up with sometimes make me (and my foriegn friends) really laugh! It is QUITE helpful though!

HAha Cap ... Evert's homemade friend lol!!
    Last edited by pocoyo; 04-29-2007 at 12:01 PM.
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

But also keep in mind that some words in english and that same word in dutch can have a diffrent meaning. That it doesn't exactly mean the same thing.....to make thing complicaded.

The most easy example: Shit is a bad word in English. Litterly translated in Dutch it doesn't mean anything. Just you going to the toilet. That same word in German is also a bad word.
    Last edited by Xaff; 04-29-2007 at 12:02 PM.

Platinum Member
    But also keep in mind that some words in english and that same word in dutch can have a diffrent meaning. That it doesn't exactly mean the same thing.....to make thing complicaded.
    yup

Holland/Netherlands/The land of windmills and clogs
    O god I'm important tonight...

Have some more patience and I will see what I can do for you guys..

(greetings from my 'homemade friend' btw.. )
    I'm back! Shiver with fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Evert View Post
    O god I'm important tonight...

Have some more patience and I will see what I can do for you guys..

(greetings from my 'homemade friend' btw.. )
    You're always important cutie.

And WHO is this homemade friend? Do I get to meet him? :blushing:
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    You're always important cutie.

And WHO is this homemade friend? Do I get to meet him? :blushing:

Didn't you already?

***pokes head in*** Hello I dont mind the link, and I dont think they needed my permission to post the link to my Youtube, after all the Tube is there for the whole world to see eh!!!! Someone told me that the words they ysed does not neccesarrily mean she. Apparently Zich can mean himself or herself, so that aint too bad Still not from London though

Platinum Member
    Still not from London though
    thats what i meant by inaccurate lol

First part of the Dutch article:

The best transgenderclips on Youtube.
    Arianne van der Ven 
    mrt 07

Youtube is growing to be a library filled with transgenders. You‘ll find movies and tv-shows but the speciality of YouTube is the videoblog; a diary in front of the camera. In the best vids there is a fight going on, and the vids themselves and the comments are the most important.

Erin starts her blog ‘Transgender in New York’ from the basement in the office where she works. She is standing in front of a wall and above her you can her the sounds of the heating system. She is twenty, uses no make-up and has big eyes. ‘Hi, my name is Erin and I’m transgender’ she tells us ‘Two years ago I moved from Utah to New York. Utah wasn’t a good place for me. I made a lot of good friends here. That’s what this blog is all about.‘
    In the next episode of Erin’s blog we look outside from the subway. It's December and the sky is blue. 'I've this view every day' Erin shouts with joy, looking at the skyscrapers. We are walking towards Macy's to meet Erin's friend Morgan, we walk into a march of black Americans and end with a visit to Central Park. The vid has 8.000 hits. At the bottom you can read the comments people posted. 'I still live at home' writes a transboy from New Mexico 'How do your parents react?'

That question hits the target. In the fourth episode Erin tells us she can't go home for Christmas. 'I can't go home, unless I go as a male' she tells us 'I really would like to introduce my girlfriend to them, but my girlfriend doesn't have a relationship with a guy. I feel bad. I think I'll just work with Christmas. It would be great to go home, but I want to be me. I can go to Morgan's parents. They'll accept me.' The replies come in. Two examples:

BambiBlue: You're beautiful. I wish I could say how sincere I am. Beautiful. Inside and out.
    GenieP: Be yourself. You look great and your family will come around some day.

And then Erin tells us something that gives the whole story a twist; Her parents also watch her vids. It's the first time they saw her as a woman. Together with us the saw Erin and her friends in Central Park. Together with us the read the comments from the viewers. Now we know her parents are watching we suddenly see her blog change; to a conversation with her parents. 'Was I happy in Utah?' Erin asks the camera. We can imagine her parents say 'Why do you think you were unhappy? We should have known! We aren't bad parents!' Erin explains that her mother mainly wanted to protect her sisters. 13 and 16 years old they are, and Erin's mom tries to avoid that they'll see their brother as a woman. Erin can't go home yet.

During Christmas it's quite. It ain't until January she posts another vid. She tells how she felt in the past, and we know her parents are watching. In episode 8 her parents admit a little. 'They told my sisters' Erin says 'They cried for over an hour. My mom now accepts that transsexuality ain't going away.' Her mom still forbids Erin to talk to her sisters. 'But maybe I can go home sometimes'.
    In episode 9 she tells us that she talked a hour with her 16-year old sister. The first conversation in a year. 'We talked about nothing' says a slightly messed-up Erin 'But we did talk. I could do that again for hours!' in the next episode that plays on her guitar. and she goes on vacation with Morgan, to end up in a bed in Virginia. youTube did it's work.

btw:

the sentence 'Een blog van een 26-jarige Londense FTM die een baan zoekt en zich soms gediscrimineerd weet.' about Ryan IS NOT FEMALE!

In this sentence 'Londense FTM' means 'a ftm from London' instead of 'a ftm girl from london'. I wanted to have that problem solved.

thank you.

btw:

the sentence 'Een blog van een 26-jarige Londense FTM die een baan zoekt en zich soms gediscrimineerd weet.' about Ryan IS NOT FEMALE!

In this sentence 'Londense FTM' means 'a ftm from London' instead of 'a ftm girl from london'. I wanted to have that problem solved.

thank you.
    I don't agree. In the sentense they write Londense, so thats a female form. Male form is Londenaar. Isn't is the case that if you write down se behind a word the word is female? ...... Or am I now crazy?
    Last edited by Xaff; 04-30-2007 at 12:00 PM.

***pokes head in*** Hello I dont mind the link, and I dont think they needed my permission to post the link to my Youtube, after all the Tube is there for the whole world to see eh!!!! Someone told me that the words they ysed does not neccesarrily mean she. Apparently Zich can mean himself or herself, so that aint too bad Still not from London though
    Well, the link also makes you blog a populair one.

Didn't you already?
    Oh THAT guy!

Yes, he was very friendly. :blushing:
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw