Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Had my 1st session with new nice counselly lady :D

Okay while I flit in and out. I know it's female thing. Call me flighty.

Anyway Pocs, I am so glad the first session went well. It is usually just a getting to know you thing and gives you an idea if there is any chemistry with you and the counsellor. (I've met a couple I didnt like and dropped pretty quickly.)

Evert. Caffeine? We have this coffee shop chain here called Tim Hortons. Anyway they have 30 million Canadians hooked.... and it is moving into the US. Poor Starbucks... Anyway, I am on my .... oh never mind.... let's just say my eyes have finally popped open ...open.... open.....op...

Kimberley

Oooops.... Hi Kieron *singing sweetly* I didnt mean to ignore you hon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberley View Post
    Okay while I flit in and out. I know it's female thing. Call me flighty.
    You're so flighty

Anyway Pocs, I am so glad the first session went well. It is usually just a getting to know you thing and gives you an idea if there is any chemistry with you and the counsellor. (I've met a couple I didnt like and dropped pretty quickly.)
    Awww thank you! I am so glad she's a nice one...
    I found her most personable! I think she will be good to "work with"

*singing sweetly*
    What are you? Some kind of siren?
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

cool im glad it went well

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    *strumpet blast!*

Poc the Brave strikes again!

Good for you, Poc. I'm glad it went well and you're comfortable there.

Hip-hip hoo-ray!!

Well done Poco for finding someone to help you along the way, then going in and opening up. Good for you.
    First step is one of the hardest babe. Still some bumps along the way but thinking it'll get better from here on out because you have made this decision [to get counseling].

dancin

Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo View Post
    ...What are you? Some kind of siren?

Oh I dont know. Siren, muse... Now take those earplugs out young man....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

heya Poc,
    So happy to hear you had a great time with the counselor. It was good to hear that you were comfortable talkin with her. Thats the utmost importance, BEING COMFORTABLE, otherwise, its a waste of time. I hope you get a lot out of it, and are able to figure things out better for yourself through all this!
    Life is such a wonderful journey, no matter which road you take, and you will always learn new things about yourself. I know I am!
    Take care and CONGRATS!!!
    I'm so happy for you!!!
    Nic

Hi Poc well done dude it sounds like ya had a good session and that's what counts xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

I'm glad everything went well for you Poc's. I know how scary it can be the first time you meet with a psychologist. I'm just happy that things turned out in the positive for you.
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

So glad the appointment went so well for you, Poco. *Does a happy dance and few flips just for you* Hopefully talking things over outloud will help you sort out your confusions.

Too bad Bi is on vacation 'cause that means we get no celebratory brownies. We'll have to settle for cookies.

One more nosy question: will you be seeing her weekly from now on, Poc?
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Are cupcakes a good substitute for brownies?
    I'm glad it went well, Poc. Hope you enjoy the cupcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by happyfish View Post
    Are cupcakes a good substitute for brownies?
    I'm glad it went well, Poc. Hope you enjoy the cupcakes.
    Woo-hoo! Chocolate (or pocolate) cupcake! Thanks, happyfish. Poccy, come and get yours before they're gone!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good one on the session with your counselor. I have been going to counselors (and you can read that as being any kind of counselors) for years. There are good ones and bad ones. Sound like you got a good one. I know what you mean when you said you could have talked for 3 hours, but don't try to get everything in in one session. After all, good counseling may take years!

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    That's fantastic, mate! I'm glad you're comfortable and have found someone who you can talk to.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Kimb - why, do you want to charm me? ....

CountryGal - thank you so much, that's really lovely *hug*

Felix - thanks sweet Felix!! *hug hug hug*

LMS - aawww thanks, yeah I was a bit nervous beforehand!

Tristan - yay! *does some dances & flips too* *grin* Thank you cool dude.

Cap - Oh nooo, I loove brownies... hurry home Bi! Well I can't really afford to see her face to face weekly, so will be having some phone sessions with her (weekly at the moment) and then after like 2 phone sessions we'll have another face to face, or whatever... we will see how it works out.

Thanks HappyFish! - mmmm always pleased to have a cupcake
    Hehe I'm here cap... munching on a lovely cupcake!

Laurie - ahh good advice. Thank you very much!!

Abraxas - awww thanks buddio

Thank you so much for all your sweetness people!
    Wow... lucky pocs having such kind supportive caring friends!

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

The thing is Poc is that you totally run the show. The therapist is just a sounding board. It is interesting how sessions go, though. The point is you make all the decisions.

Sounds good to me Sal

Yay you Pocs!

I'm glad it went well and you like her. I think it will really help you to have, as you say, someone who isn't friend nor family, and who can help you sort out the different pieces. You're a pretty complex person, very creative, smart and imaginative, and I think the counselor will be helpful straightening out all the tangly bits you weave into your tapestry.

Sometimes having someone who is a professional helps validate things your friends may have told you things you might think they tell you just to be nice.

So did you make another appointment already then?
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Poc, I can't tell you how happy I am that your session went so great! (Wait, that sounds kind of stupid, doesn't it? I can tell you that I can't tell you, but I can't tell you what I can tell you I can't tell you. Ummm... *deep breath*) I'm so happy for you that I can't express it properly! (No, that's just lame. Hmmm. Ah, Ive got it.)

Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo View Post
    She also said I apologise for myself way too much, which is like a lack of confidence thing, and that's something we are going to look at later on.
    I know you're seeing her for gender issues. But from what I know of you, I know where you're coming from. (Did she say it was "like" a lack of confidence thing, or was she a little more definite and you're playing it down a little?) When you start working on this, you'll find the world opening up in ways you never thought possible before. Not doing things because "it's too much trouble" or "I'm just not comfortable" starts to turn into "yeah, maybe" and "*gulp* what the heck". Oh man, when you start to see those possibilities, let's just say "profound" really enters your vocabulary. It just feels so darned GOOD to see yourself in a new light. My wish for you is you can start to see those possibilities.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Glad things went well !!!!It was good to hear that you were comfortable talking with her. Thats is most important......doing happy dance
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Kerrianna - awww thank you. Hehe tangly bits...
    Yeah I have a phone appt with her next week. I wonder how that will go, it will be strange not being face to face! Might be cool though. At least I have someone (professional) to talk to about it now!! Yaay!
    And hey, I always appreciate my friends' input!! But you're right, I do sometimes wonder if they are just being nice.

Casey - thank you!! hahaha, you sound like me, I get all word-fumbly sometimes.
    Ahaaha, well I dunno, I THINK that's what she said but I wasn't totally sure those were the precise words, but I think they were. (That's why I threw in the "like" hehe.)
    Ahhh being free to do stuff which I feel limited from sounds goood.

Thank you! *grin*

Di gg - hehe!! Thank you very much *does a happy dance too*

Thanks everyone, you groovy people you!
    Last edited by pocoyo; 03-03-2007 at 08:47 AM.

When you find you are doing things that you choose to do, Poc, I guarantee you will be much happier. It's so much easier just being yourself and when folks see that you stick up for that, they will respect you for it when they see your determination.

YAY POC! *HUG* *Hands out brownies* better late than never, eh?
    Btw, Kimberly, we had a Tim Hortons here in A2, but it MOVED OUT! I'm so sad! That was the best cheap mocha in town too... :-(
    Poc, I had an odd dream about you the other night, but no type to type it - dinner with exboy in a couple. Remind me about it and I'll tell ya another time. But I'm super glad for you that you have an awesome counsellor!
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

Quote Originally Posted by bi_weird View Post
    Poc, I had an odd dream about you the other night, but no type to type it - dinner with exboy in a couple. Remind me about it and I'll tell ya another time. But I'm super glad for you that you have an awesome counsellor!
    *kerrianna bends her ears to eavesdrop on the dream description*
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw