Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Had my 1st session with new nice counselly lady :D

Holland/Netherlands/The land of windmills and clogs
    Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo View Post
    [SIZE="1"]Aahaha! Shhh.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"]I won't tell[/SIZE]

I'm back! Shiver with fear!

We worked through some stuff today and it was really cool seeing how it was all linked and that.
    Yay! So cool that your sessions are still going well and helping you. I'm glad you guys clicked well together. Very happy for you, dude. Now . . . where's Bi with them brownies?
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now . . . where's Bi with them brownies?
    Hey brownies are supposed to be for coming out and other similarly big events! Don't go expecting them!
    Aww okay. I'm a sucker. Here's a big pan of brownies for all! Just be careful - they're still warm.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

Quote Originally Posted by bi_weird View Post
    Here's a big pan of brownies for all! Just be careful - they're still warm.
    *drooling* :drool:
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Haha Evert!

Awww thanks Cap.

Mmm... brownies.....
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Mmmm love your brownies bi!

Holland/Netherlands/The land of windmills and clogs
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Mmmm love your brownies bi!

Shouldn't we call them BIwnies?
    I'm back! Shiver with fear!

6th? session

Another phone one.

Went really well.

She said I worked hard (got emotional about some stuff), and afterwards I feel... yes bit squinty/fuzzy headed (haha I guess my bug doesn't help with that!)... but somehow... lighter!

Cool !

.... ..... lol

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Another phone one. Went really well.

She said I worked hard (got emotional about some stuff), and afterwards I feel... yes bit squinty/fuzzy headed (haha I guess my bug doesn't help with that!)... but somehow... lighter!

Cool !

.... ..... lol
    Lighter is good - very good. Sometimes it's hard work, isn't it? But the result is worth it. Good for you, Poccy-Mon.

Awww! Thank you Cappymon!

[SIZE="1"]... pocca pocca..... [/SIZE]

Good for you Pocs. You do get out of it what you put in, and it sounds like you're willing to make things work. It really helps to unravel stuff in order to put it all together. I'm glad you're able to work long-distance with her. That's a bonus not having to wait for visits.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

7th Session (phone)

Thanks Kez, and yay I get to see her face to face next week!

----
    Phone session today:

For some reason I felt a bit confused about how I felt about stuff, and what we'd previously been over today. Only a little bit. But it's that section of the month where I can't think very straight... I get clumsy and so does my thinking! hehe.

We worked through some things though and I think got some important issues sorted or partially sorted and others touched upon

She said she has noticed some positive changes in me since our 1st session yay! So that's really good actually! Cool
    I know that I have started to have a little more trust in myself since I have started seeing her. That is a very good thing.
    Last edited by pocoyo; 04-17-2007 at 03:38 PM.

I know that I have started to have a little more trust in myself since I have started seeing her. That is a very good thing.
    Yup, that is a very good thing - and from your posts here I would say that's not the only good thing. Congratulations! May your future sessions bring you even more positive things.

Yay, Pocs! Glad the counseling is going well for you.

Pocs I've noticed the positive changes myself. You do seem more confident, less confused and self-doubting, less harsh on yourself, more assertive. It's all good little brother.

And dude, thank you so so very much, from both of us, for the inspiring and encouraging messages in your signature.

You are a great friend.

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

8th Session - Face to Face

AWww thank you Cappy and Tristan

Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    Pocs I've noticed the positive changes myself. You do seem more confident, less confused and self-doubting, less harsh on yourself, more assertive. It's all good little brother.

And dude, thank you so so very much, from both of us, for the inspiring and encouraging messages in your signature.

You are a great friend.
    Awwwwwww Kez, thank you lovely lady
    I think I've been those things a bit more too actually (more confident, less confused etc.) Yay!!

--------

Oooops... Adam's new thread (which he will be updating regularly) reminded me that I didn't update this one on Monday!

On Monday I had a face to face session with my counsellor.
    It was quite good I think (bit dappy tonight, it's hard to remember exactly what we discussed), I know it was hard work, bit painful, whooshed by too fast... but good I think, heading in the right direction...!

I felt a bit funny when my counsellor said "she" about me a couple of times though.. haha weird. I'm used to people saying she (even though I don't like it). I guess it just felt funny because I have heard her refer to me as Jack before, so it felt funny that she said she. I think she might have like, covered up the saying she-ness, or had a reason for it, but it made me think "Oh no.. does that mean she sees me as female?" (Like I worry when Kieron goes "bitch" or something) it makes me think "Oh no.. do they subconsciously see me as female?!!!"

But that's silly, because of course she probably does, she sees me and my long hair and my "girlyness". If I was transitioning and that then I'm sure people would start naturally start thinking of and calling me "he", so it's all cool! I just felt a bit odd about it lol.

Besides that, in the session we were dealing with some issues about my Dad (you know.. the whole "he might not be my biological father" thing ) and we still have some stuff on that to work through because I sort of skim through stuff a bit too fast when it's painful apparently. (And make jokes hehe... but hey, I can't help seeing comedy in stuff ). Also we talked about my mum and stuff a bit more too. Don't really want to say exactly what that was, feels a bit too sort of personal and painful to discuss here, but it was to do with her depression and that. Btw... great news about that... everyone has been saying to her that she seems so much better... and she has even been saying that she feels so much better!! YAAY! !!! And for her to say that is just... miraculous!! *tired happy little sigh* that's rather wonderful really isn't it? ... (not that I'm going to relax and enjoy it yet... I don't trust it... I've been through this crap too many times before to feel safe about letting my guard down lol!)

We haven't got on to speaking mainly about gender issues again yet, because we are working through other stuff first and gradually leading up to that. But we do touch on it in every session.
    Last edited by pocoyo; 04-26-2007 at 07:09 PM.

w00t w00t! Yeah, I remember you were worried about her depression. Even if this doesn't last, it's good for both her and you that she's feeling much better right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
    w00t w00t! Yeah, I remember you were worried about her depression. Even if this doesn't last, it's good for both her and you that she's feeling much better right now.
    Awwwwww yus! Good point! Thank you very much Marky Mark!

(Hehe... "Marky Mark"... mmmm Calvin Kleins... )

Sounds like you're getting into the gooey thick of the family stuff Pocs, which like you said needs to be looked at along with the TG. It's all part and parcel of who we are and what makes us tick (or tock ).

Yeah, comedy is a great way to angle in at painful stuff. Sometimes you can deal with a tough issue by having a laugh too. Sometimes I find I use comedy to avoid dealing too. Therapists are usually pretty good at spotting that avoidance technique.

You sound like you've got a good positive attitude about your counsellor and what you guys are working through together. Kudos dude. You even understood her use of pronouns without taking offense it sounds like. That's cool. Shows self confidence and belief in yourself.

Glad to hear your mum is feeling better too. Hope all is going well for you guys.

George Bernard Shaw

Hi Pocs.
    I think that we need to get all the other crap out of the way before tackling gender issues because so much of it is a result of our hiding. Really, we dont have probs with gender, it is all the other junk that came from it. Make sense?

Jo Ann hardly ever talks about gender unless I bring it up because of a specific issue I am dealing with. She will however refer to other things as common to most transgendered people.

So, working on me is the goal, not on the gender issues because those I fully understand probably better than she does. I KNOW my feelings and my emotions and where they come from so in that I have a good handle.

Anyway, I am glad you are sticking it out.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

9th Session - phone

AWww thank you sweet Kez

Hi Kimb, yeah that definitely makes sense. I think so too.
    AWww t'ank you

--------------

Well just had a phone session.
    Spent most of it crying lol. Just because I'm so tired and been stressed, and been run down.
    I'm not lookin' forward to some stuff at end of this week/next week.

Feel a bit flat and down now. Dunno.

I said "do you think it's possible to get better?" and she said she's not a medical doctor but that she thinks there's a lot to be said for positive thinking.
    I was like "anxiety-wise I mean (as opposed to my balance problem)", and she said that she can't diagnose.

It made me feel a bit down because I'd love to know that it IS possible to completely get over crap like this.
    (I do believe in my heart of hearts that it is).

Also it was a bit depressing because I verbalised something I'd been wondering... if you transition... does part of you die.
    I mean, in a lot of ways it's still the same person. But also.. someone that's been there... someone that's looked, acted and existed a certain way and had people react to them a certain way... sort of isn't quite there any more.
    And she said that in a way she supposes part of you does die... and I said "that's really sad" and she said "but another part is born/comes to life".

It just made me feel down.
    And I was feeling tired of having coping with this stuff for so long (even though it's much better than it used to be, sometimes things just get on top of you. ).

But I mean I'm ok, I just get down when I worry that I can't be like a normal person (anxiety-wise I mean).

It annoys me that I don't know who I am quite too.

Oh well

I'm just a bit tired and stuff.

She gave me a nice relaxing technique too, so thats cool. I will try it out!
    I might even try it when I'm not feeling panicky to relax!

We talked about doing some little goals too. So that might be good.

I'm gonna read some more of my Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway book because that really helped when I was reading that (annoyingly I stopped when I got to an exercise but I am will do that now).
    And some other panic type literature that helped me when I had to travel further than I'd been for ages, a while ago.

Poc, Once you know who you are, it gives you a great deal of power, enough power to accomplish anything you set your mind to. It puts you in charge of directing your own destiny rather than just being a rider on the road of life like most in this world are. I always look at things and say:"Okay, what is the absolute worse case scenerio?" You break down the problem step by step and it doesn't look that ponderous. You have begun doing that and like Kerrianna, I've seen positive changes in you, in your resolve to get the job done and using any and all resources to do it. Once you break it down into little tasks, it depowers seemingly overwhealming things and ideas and you find out what you thought was a big deal is a mere nothing and you control the situation. You always have a choice regardless, but the fact that it is YOUR choice makes all the difference and that gives you the power my handsome young man. Sal

Awwww Salandra, thank you
    You are so wise. That makes so much sense...
    Thank you very much lovely Sal.

Forgot an important bit...

Oh btw... also at one stage when I was saying about things feeling like hard work my counsellor said that it's going to be a lot of hard work yet, and I said "Oh great" and she said "But it's going to be so worth it..." ....
    That's pretty cool actually, yamon!

I said "do you think it's possible to get better?" and she said she's not a medical doctor but that she thinks there's a lot to be said for positive thinking. I was like "anxiety-wise I mean (as opposed to my balance problem)", and she said that she can't diagnose. It made me feel a bit down because I'd love to know that it IS possible to completely get over crap like this. (I do believe in my heart of hearts that it is).
    Sounds like she didn't want to give you more than she can guarantee - or something like that. I'm sure it's possible to get better, but it's probably different for everyone, so who can tell whether it will or won't happen. Or was that just psychobabble?

Also it was a bit depressing because I verbalised something I'd been wondering... if you transition... does part of you die. I mean, in a lot of ways it's still the same person. But also.. someone that's been there... someone that's looked, acted and existed a certain way and had people react to them a certain way... sort of isn't quite there any more.
    You know I've been wondering alot about that too - and the thought of it also makes me sad. Lately, I'm thinking that maybe we let go of any part of our past that just doesn't fit us anymore (and this goes for non-trans people too), but if we still need any part of us, we can keep it or call it back up if we need it. Sounds crazy, I know, but the thought came to me this weekend when I went to see Mom in the hospital. The first day it was really doing my head in that I had to pretend to play a female for her benefit and the benefit of those around her, but the second day I told myself that it was just a part to play - a part I had successfully played for many years and was fully qualified to play, nothing else. And that allowed me to bring that part of me back for a brief time without losing the me that I am now. I don't know if that made any sense, but I'm trying to say that I think that means we don't lose that, really, if we don't want to.

My therapy session left me a little moody today too, so I can sympathize, but in the end I think we have to stir up those emotions in order to get working on them. Rough sometimes, right? BTW, I think Sal gave you very good advice. And that bit about looking at the worse case scenario - we've been thinking alike again (spooky).