Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever felt threatened?

Have you ever felt threatened?

One of the big worries my wife has about me going out en femme is that somehow I'll be attacked or come to some harm. My experience both out alone or with cd friends is that it is generally safe if you show good judgement.

Despite that, I have felt vulnerable on rare occasions. One time many years ago I literally was chased back to my car by two guys. Scared the hell out of me at the time. Fortunately I can run fast, even in heels.

Has anyone been threatened or harassed while out?

Lowla

I suppose it could happen.

But remember that under the dresses and pantyhose, we are still men, and we can kick some ass if it comes down to it.

i cant say i have i dont fear no man nor beast never have done and never will

Several times, but not for many years. I was only verbally taunted & chased, but they never caught me. The worst time was in broad daylight, but it was in a fairly rough neighbourhood. That suburb is now one of the gay/trans havens of Sydney, but it still has a rough element.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Nope, they know my rep as a tomboy who eats nails, so they know better.

Silver Member
    Welcome to the world of women. This is something most women have to contend with ALL the time. When was the last time you remember being harrassed by a group of women? Ask ANY woman when she was last harrassed by a group of men. 'Nuff said.

Stephenie

being full time i can say that for two years now i have not had any trouble when i go to the bars with my gg friends sometimes i get "hit on as in getting picked up " that's scary and the part i hate the most
    Last edited by MJ; 02-28-2007 at 10:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    I've never felt threatened. A couple times a car pulled to the curb, and tried to pick me up, but I just ignored it and continued walking, and the car drove off. If you stay out of bad neighborhoods, you should be all right.

Yeap have felt threatened before..at a Waffle House late at night by like 10 guys and then once 3 gay guys got real nasty with me at a club called Le Buzz. Well...also I was very uncomfortable at a straightbar once when a guy playing the guitar and entertaining the crowd referred to me and another Tgirl as ********. I hauled butt outta there just a bit later!

I try to always be observant and have learned there are limits to where a Tgirl that is not passable can go. So late nite diners for example or a wild straight bar with a redneck young crowd are out!

As far as the gay bar where I had troubles security came and stood behind me so I was ok there.

I had one incident about 18 months ago(I didn't fare well), but if you can stay away from isolated places(or away from groups of teenage boys!) you should feel safe if you go out. Contrary to instinct, the more crowded a place is, the safer you should feel.

I am a second degree black belt. Do you know what can pain I can inflict with 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch wide, 3.5" high heels.

Nope... Never had that experience... Nothing even close...

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have never had any problems out and i am 24 7.But up here in the northwest we are a lot more live and let live

Quote Originally Posted by NatalieGirl View Post

But remember that under the dresses and pantyhose, we are still men, and we can kick some ass if it comes down to it.
    I'm always ready to dance if someone wants to go that route !!!!!!!
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

Only been out on Halloween no problum then
    Angie

A Thai-Boxer kick will drive anyone away (or to the ground).. especially when they think they are facing just an "harmless" girl

Sign Language

Quote Originally Posted by lowlavalentine View Post
    One of the big worries my wife has about me going out en femme is that somehow I'll be attacked or come to some harm. My experience both out alone or with cd friends is that it is generally safe if you show good judgement.

Despite that, I have felt vulnerable on rare occasions. One time many years ago I literally was chased back to my car by two guys. Scared the hell out of me at the time. Fortunately I can run fast, even in heels.

Has anyone been threatened or harassed while out?

Lowla

Lets just say I'm always a lady unless provoked.

I have only been out during the day. And I usually stick to "safe" places like shoe stores and dress shops and such. I do, however, keep my wits about me and keep my eyes open in the same manner as I understand GG's must do all the time. Afterall, if I am perceived as a woman, then I must be just as aware of my surroundings as a woman must.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

It doesn't hurt to have your two friends, Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson accompany you.

Missy Anne

While out walking around many years ago, I had a car load of guys slow way down and look at me, it was at night. It did make me watch behind myself and everywhere else too. Nothing ever happened. Why? I don't know. I was about 6 blocks from home and safety. Could have been a bad scene, I did have my knife handy though.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I have felt very uneasy on a few occasions, but I'm pretty cautious. I certainly don't look for trouble.
    On two particular occasions I felt as though I might have some trouble that made me want to find safety quickly. Once instance occurred in a department store--Macy's--when I was browsing through some clothes and a couple came up behind me. They were Hispanic and the man said to the woman that I was an "hombre." I understand enough Spanish to know what he said and that his wife told him to settle down, but his tone was definitely hostile. I was worried that he would cause a scene and do something--I couldn't really imagine what--to me or about me. His wife prevailed and they kept going past me.
    The other occasion occurred quite a few years ago when I was dress and out for a walk near my home. I was walking on a fairly quite street about a quarter mile from my house. As I walked, a car with three or four young guys in it passed me. It was just after night fall on a weekend evening. They honked at me as they went by. I was a little surprised since I wasn't trying to get any attention; however, what really unsettled me was that they turned around about a block farther and drove back toward me. I panicked and thought quickly that I needed to find "shelter." I turned up a walk way leading to a house in the neighbor, trying to give the impression that it was my house. The guys drove by and honked again.
    I waited a few minutes and then went back to the roadway with the intention of getting home as soon as possible. As I got about half-way home, they came back. They passed by a little slowly and one of the guys called to me to ask if I wanted a ride. I just kept going and duck into an alley that gave me a quick route back to my house--thank goodness that I knew the neighborhood. I didn't look back to see if they turned around again, but I definitely felt scared.
    Having described all of that, I have to add that I was in great physical shape then and that I was an exceptional high school and collegiate wrestler (state championship caliber). If these guys had really pushed me, I probably could have "taken care of myself." But that's certainly NOT what I wanted then nor now, especially when I'm presenting myself as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by NatalieGirl View Post

warmly, Linnea

Never. Of course my fem time is limited to cities that are pretty tolerant: NYC, SF, LA, Vegas. And, of course, the fact that I am 6'3" might have something to do with it: lousy for passability, good for not being victimized?
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Name Calling

So far for me it has only been name calling. It has been always a group of young men or teenage boys, sometimes in a car or sometimes walking on the sidewalk in a small 3 -4 group. It has happenend to me on a dozen or so occasions, none in the last six months. " Fag " , and " Drag Queen ", are their favorite epithets & Trina - So - Far So - Good
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member
    Most threatening thing was a group of contruction workers in a fast food restraunt. They didn't say anything, but they kepts looking at me with a look of, let's pound this guy. But they couldn't do crap in a restraunt. Well, not without some real consequences.

In regards to your wifes worries. I say broad daylight is the safest. Shopping stores, grocery stores and the like. Others here will say to find a cd friendly night club. But night time and clubs and people drinking just does not strike me as good combo.

Once, so far

I had just come out of a local convenience store and was standing on the sidewalk, calling my salon for a nail appointment. I was in semi-drab, above the knee denim skirt, fem top, earrings, lipstick, mascara, jewelry, purse, hot pink nail polish, and fem sandals.

A man parked his car in front of me, got out and was walking towards me, when he said, "You can't defend yourself, with your nails like that".

I had just finished my call, so I closed my cell phone, looked straight at him, and said, "Well, honey, I'll just have to b*tch slap you then, won't I". He stopped walking toward me, backed up and went around the other side of his car and into the store.

Was I nervous? Yes, but I was not going to let him bully me either.