Thread: For those of you who dress 24/7

For those of you who dress 24/7

How do you dress at work if you are employed as a male? I don't understand how one can dress 24/7 and still hold down a job unless you're employed as a female. Could someone please educate me on this i'm somewhat lost on this issue. At my so's job he couldn't dress it wouldn't be tolerated by the managment. If you did wear something fem under your male clothes to work do you feel uncomfortable.

hugs and kisses JoJo

Banned Read only
    You can't really.
    You either have to be in the rare position of having an accepting boss/HR department or be a pre-op with lawyers, medical/mental health backing and still have an accepting boss/HR department.

Eventualy 24/7 goes or the job does, then its self employment.

Retired

So I do not have to worry about bosses or anyone else. & Trina - 24/7 And Loving It
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I dress 24/7 but don't pretend to be or look like a woman, I present feminine.
    Starting my own business right now, I have to take care which business partner I meet. That's dressing up and down according to the situation (very few exceptions when I wear malish clothes), not much different from what everbody else does (you usually don't go shopping wearing a ball gown).
    Last edited by Marla S; 02-28-2007 at 10:50 PM.

GypsyKaren
    Retired too, being TS cost me my career.

Karen

I retired 5 years ago. The only time I dress male is when I go outside the house. Well...... Until I can muster some more courage. Soon maybe.
    That's why I say I dress almost 24/7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And there you have it!

As of the time I post this, all have said dressing 24/7 cost them their career or pushed them to decide it was time to retire. This seems to indicate that I have been correct in keeping my hobby to myself as regards work.
    Kim

I too am now retired. But I wasn't forced to retire, I took the buyout. With that said, I used to be a factory rat. And I wore womans clothes to work most days. Bra, panties, Lane Bryant jeans, ladies t shirt or turtle neck, fuzzy socks and the same type work oxfords that the women wore. All that was topped off with a company provided long sleeve work shirt. That is about what I wear most days now, except no work shirt. What I call "fem drab."..BJ

Aspiring Member
    The job world is crazy out there. On dress days I wore girl jeans, dark kinda loose and flare. No one seemed to notice. A couple of months of dressing up in a dress shirt and slacks was all I could take. I bought a mens dress shirt, it was hot pink with black pin striped and meant to be worn untucked, (too short to tuck in) and unbuttons. While no one said anything to me, a few seemed a bit hostile twards me, even though it was a mens shirt. Basically you just have to mens clothes and suffer. With a therapists note you might get away dressing femm. Though I doubt many employers would tollerate the full make over if you will.

Really, it's a shame.

Dressing 24/7-365

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGG View Post
    How do you dress at work if you are employed as a male? I don't understand how one can dress 24/7 and still hold down a job unless you're employed as a female. Could someone please educate me on this i'm somewhat lost on this issue. At my so's job he couldn't dress it wouldn't be tolerated by the managment. If you did wear something fem under your male clothes to work do you feel uncomfortable.

Hi there JoJoGG,

I've been living as a woman since August 1996. This includes going to work, shopping, out to dinner, to medical appointments, being hospitalized three times, and going to my 35th and 40th high school reunions.

In '96, I was working as a manager of a short term, small loan company and I transitioned on the job. The owner had some questions for me, but as long as the office was making her money, she really didn't care.

After I left there, I went to a one-week class to prepare myself for the state test for an insurance Agent's license. Then, I worked as an Agent, selling life insurance for a few months until I moved out of my territory.

Next, I ended up as an Administrative Assistant for a local insurance Agent for almost four years. This job ended in January, and I am now looking for something new.

Spent four hours yesterday in a classroom taking tests required by the unemployment office. <boring!> During one of the breaks, one of the other women in the class came up to me and said, "If you want to see a cold room, go into the ladies' room! It feels as tho there is ice in the toilet bowls."

I don't know about others, but this is how I do it. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Gerri

Content and Happy
    I have my two businesses and I'm the only employee in both. After 26 years it couldn't get any better.

Lanore

They hired me for my brain not my outfit

I run and program laser operations for a engine design company. I applied for this position and interviewed as a genetic male. About two months after I started my job I came to work after a long night of clubbing with some friends as wendi I was wearing a short basic mini skirts (don't have any girl pants) a baby blue blouse that I had just gotten from Macy's full makeup the whole nine yards. When I first walked in to my office you could hear a pin drop from a mile away. I stood straight looked my co-wokers in the face and asked what the daily schedule was for that day. The employee handbook states that on the production floor you are to wear pants and safty shoes, didn't have either. my boss asked me how I planned on doing my job dressed the way I was and I explained that I could completly do my job from my office and would not have to go onto the shop floor. He instucted me to go home and change and to return to work. I stated to him that my wardrobe only consisted of skirts and dresses. He then informed me that he would have to consult with hr and get back to me I told him that this would be fine and that I would consult with his boss. That was four years ago and know I have the best office in the building and Wendi does a better job than any guy who ever held my position before.

If you choose to go this route be prepared the last four years have been hard as hell and I wonder if I had backed down that day if I would have choose my career over Wendi I truly believe I made the right choice!!!

HI Jo Jo, I dress 24/7. My wife and I run our own business so that makes things a little easier than for those girls who work for others. I am able to dress at work as we have a generic uniform that consists of a very nice polo t-shirt and shorts and given our climate we all wear sandals. I do however have to be careful of what bra I wear as some of the support bras I own do make me look a little "chest". We all wear the same clothes as that is our unifrom.
    Samantha

hey Jo Jo
    well i had two jobs and i dress full time, all i needed was a letter from my doctor and the hr department did the rest
    now i have one and i dress en femme there too. you see after i change my sin card over to my new name " marissa' is the only one who can work now my old self can't get a job or drive a car nothing he does not exist any more or any were and trust me i took a pay cut to live as a woman :mad: not fair there are some disadvantages to becoming a woman full time, I too truly believe I made the right choice!!!
    hugs marissa
    Last edited by MJ; 03-01-2007 at 10:25 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I ride my Harley enfemme btmgrl6's Avatar

I dress 24/7....no worries

I am a real estate appraiser....i work for myself,and I don't have a problem with my employee dressing like a girl....lol.
    kidding aside. I've never had a problem with someone accepting my work.Accepting me maybe, but not my work. I can live with that. There will always be those who can't deal with it, to them I say...DEAL WITH IT!

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

The times they are a changing

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGG View Post

Vanessa Sheridan, a member of this site, she has also published many books on the subject of cross dressing, is engaged in consulting major corporations that are seeking her advice on making work environments cd friendly.

It is most interesting work she is doing on our behalf. There are many places where Ladies in transition currently hold positions and it seems like corporate America is trying to work on their attitude towards it.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!