View Poll Results: Did you have a sibling of your chosen gender?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was an only child.

7 10.77%
  • MTF and had sister(s).

40 61.54%
  • FTM and had brother(s).

2 3.08%
  • MTF only had brother(s).

12 18.46%
  • FTM only had sister(s).

1 1.54%
  • Raised by wolves.

3 4.62%

Thread: MTF and FTM: Do you have siblings of chosen gender?

MTF and FTM: Do you have siblings of chosen gender?

I'm wondering how many of us (hence the poll) have brothers or sisters and a longing to be their gender? (ie: MTF with sisters, FTM with brothers).

Do you think they influenced you in any way in your thinking about your chosen gender?

I grew up with 3 other brothers, so girls were foreign (other than mom ) to us, except as friends. I think I would have been the best choice as a sister.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Hi Kerrianna I only have one brother who is much older than me, he didn't influence me. I look extremely like him now when I was younger I didn't. I have three sisters but I never grew up with them as I was the youngest with a big gap in between myself and the next sister up xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

This is an interesting question. I have a sister, who is one year younger than myself. She has struggled all of her adult life as a woman in a male-dominated field. In many ways, she has a lot of stereotypically masculine traits...I have often wondered how things might have turned out had we been switched with one another.

But, on an even more interesting note, I recently found out that my mother had a miscarriage a year or so before I was born. I wonder if perhaps the miscarried fetus was female. Perhaps when I was conceived, I inherited some of the traits that were originally intended for her? Who knows...but interesting food for thought...
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Well, I voted "MTF and have sister(s)" but you might want to throw that one out. They aren't my gender, but neither are my brothers-in-law. There had been times when I wanted to be my sisters' gender but there wasn't really a "longing" then and there definitely isn't now.

They have certainly influenced me in my thinking about my gender. They helped me to see that although my gender is somewhat similar to theirs, it isn't theirs.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

My having a sis. didn't have any influence on me where as I am 10 years older than her.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    MTF and have 1 sister and 5 half-sisters.
    I was not raised with any of them, however.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Kerrianna... I needed to mark two buttons, I have an older sister and two younger brothers, the youngest of which is openly gay and accepts me for who I am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sister

Could be that we didn't get along because I wanted to be the girl. She would have been the better boy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have 4 sisters, 2 who are older and 2 that are younger. My sister 2 years older than me was my dads favorite, she was a real daddies girl, oooohhh I was so jealous of her, I wanted to be her and be a part of that special bond they had. Unfortunately I was the son who just never met his fathers expectations.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

I need to mark two also - FtM w/sister, and raised by wolves (well, if you knew my family, you'd understand). It's possible that having only a sister influenced me, though - she's very girly, and I wanted to be everything she wasn't.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member

Yeah

I had only brothers two older one younger and I was about the middle.

It was kind of confusing not having any female inflence at all and at frist the only exposture was girsl at schooll so it was kind of mixed p for me and then there was that time when boys were suppose to be boys and not play or associate with girls at all but i still wanted to which caused more mixed feeling later on you know.

And then still later when i finally did realize and made it through the part of this life where i wanted to be with girls the anger and aggersion of being male and then realizing that i wanted to be a girl again myself because i had alwasy thought that i was suppose to be the one who was female in my family.

OH well!

So here I still am wishing that i could change or go back and live it all over again as female.

So where do you jump in or on hmmm!

Suzy!

I have two younger sisters but very close in age, just 2 and 5 years between us. As for having an influence I would probably have to say yes. Being the only male in the house for most of my childhood I felt very out of place. My dad was around some of the time when not working but the time was not of any quality so I suppose I've always felt more part of the female side of the family. All my cousins are girls too so I really am isolated in the male gender.

Interesting. I was talking to Sandra Srewart from "Gender Tree" of Lancing Mi. And she say's that in twins, If one is gay they generaly both are. Be they GG or GM.

I have two older sisters. My oldest used to baby sit me and we were real close. My other sister used to hate me when we were growing up. Since she was in the middle, she had to wear hand-me-down clothes from older sister and had to share her room. Where I alsways got new clothing and had my own room. Funny thing was the middle sister and I were the same size, so it was her clothig I would wear from time to time. Same for her heels. My older sister was smaller than me, so none of her clothing fit me. LOL
    I sometimes wished I was a girl, so that my middle sister would not hate me. Then I could have gotton her hand-me-downs.

4 sisters and 2 brothers
    "Diane"

One younger brother who ocasionally qualifies as one of the pets. I don't think him beeing around influenced my inevitable gender choice, but I growing up always playfighting with him, and playing legs/actionman/violent computer games and other such things with him made it esier to be masculin as a child. I just to get pretty jelous too, over things like him being alowd to go 'round topless when I had to were these evill contraptions... (The funny thing is that with his long hair, he's often mistaken for a girl. One time we where asked if we where sisters. I laughed so hard, he looked like he was going to die of embarasment.)
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

I had one sister and wore her panties and hose lots, sometimes even her dresses. Billie Jean

4 brothers
    DonnaT