Thread: Complimented on my eyebrows

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar

Complimented on my eyebrows

Hello all. I work part time in a liquor store, and one of my regular customers is a young attorney. We have been "flirting" for over a year and I always get a hug from her. We've even discussed going out sometime. She confided to me last year that she is bi, and i told her I had a secret I would also like to share sometime... just that time has not come.. until this evening.

Tonight she came in (we haven't seen each other in about a month), and the first thing she noticed was my eyebrows. i had just been to the salon last week for my eyebrows and pedicure. She walked up to me, stroking my eyebrow and said... "Did you do something to your eyebrows...? They look good! I like that a man takes the time to do things like that..." I was caught a little off guard and held a finger to my lips in case anyone should over hear... I confessed that I had them shaped recently and she again said how much she liked it, and said something about "metrosexual".

As she was leaving, she said that i would be getting pedicures next, and I answered, "What makes you think I don't already?"

So now the subject has come out, and as I promised, I emailed her to fill in the blanks. It will bee interesting to see what happens next... I could have a new GG buddy to hang with..!

On the other hand, having her notice so quickly makes me wonder how many other people have noticed and not said anything.... not that I really care what people think anymore!

That nice good luck hun
    Angie

I spend alot of time on my eyebrows. I think they make the whole face look nice.....

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Sounds like you're on your way to sharing your secret. I'd do it outside of work so you can be more open to talk. Who knows where this might lead. Good luck.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Sounds like things are going in the right direction. As for people noticing your eybrows, I was working a trade show with some younger women, my daughter's age, who got into a discussion on men's eyebrows. One complained that she would have to sit her dad down and trim his brows or they would get very shaggy, "not like Wayne's (mine), he always keeps his nice" I had just waxed them, and was concerned that I had maybe taken a bit too much off, but she didn't seem to think so.

I have been complimented on my eye lashes, but never eye brows.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I am a regular getting my eyebrows thinned and tinted as well as getting my lashes tinted. I just love the look it gives my eyes.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    Sounds great and let the others notice. I see so many people notice my eyebrows and I really don't care, especially since these days guys are shaping them like crazy.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Hello Everyone-
    I got my brows done with a friend of mine yesterday for the first time. It was a bit painful but not that bad at all.

Chrissy

Boygirl,

How thin are they? Were they waed or plucked?

Hello Alicia, I sure hope everything turns out well for you, being open and honest is the key to it all! As far as people noticeing your eyebrows, most people you talk to don't even notice you have eyes. Unless it is someone that is interrested enough in you, like this woman, to pay close attention, then I wouldn't worry too much. She must spend more time then you know, looking at you, to notice that kind of change. Good Luck Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

What a neat story. One of the absolute highlights of my CD life is when a GG compliments me on anything, be it eyes, legs, etc. That is such a wonderful experience. The next time you're feeling low, remember that wonderful experience. Use it to draw strength from. And please, let us know how your e-mail was recieved.
    Last edited by myMichelle; 03-07-2007 at 03:53 PM. Reason: correct spelling error
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

My daughter is always commenting on her eyebrows and reminding me that she got her's from me, usually when I'm dropping her off to get them waxed

Frankly, I like the Brooke Shields eyebrow look

I get comments on both my nails and my brows, which is kind funny when you consider that I also wear makeup, powder, and lipstick in public and no one had notice that. LOL I have gotten a lot of great compliments on nice my nails are and how more men should keep thier nails more like mine. As for my brows, I have had a couple of female co-workers notice that mine are thinner. One asked if I had them waxed and I said "Yes, and I had them plucked too". She said "They look great", which pleased me a lot.

I haven't paid attention to my brows for a long time. My GF was going to do them over Christmas, but the opportunity just never arose. Over the last week I have been working on the white hairs, and those horrid, thick, shiny black ones that will grow to 2 inches if you don't trim them! Last night I had a meeting, had two beer after, came home, had another beer and 'finished' the job.
    Lesson: shaping your brows after some drinks is almost as dangerous as working with power tools after drinks!
    When I looked in the mirror this morning ... "Holly Cow! What happened to your brows? OH, now I remember, we were fixing them...." Less than half as thick ast a week ago, no little hairs above, below, at the lower edges, between the brows.
    If anyone noticed today, which I doubt, they didn't show any sign of it. I think having clean brows is the most femme thing you can do, in public, with no one noticing. w

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    Thanks everybody! So far, the email exchange with my friend has gone about as good as one could hope. She has come across as totally accepting and still curious, and wanted to know if we ("girls") could meet this weekend...

of course, I'm all for that!

Aspiring Member
    You know more and more men are getting their eyebrows done these days, so it's not totally unusual (no one likes that unibrow look, huh?)

i have tried to shape mine for a while now and kind of messed up so i shaved them right off. hopefully i get them right this time .

A very titilating experience. Makes me want to do a better job on my eyebrows, too. Good luck!!

Diana

Lovely story Alicia!

Thanks for sharing your intimate experiences! I wish you the best of luck and am interested in knowing how things work out....at least it should become a wonderful friendship but probably more. I'm excited for you!

girl next door
    Very cool! Good luck n keep us posted.
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words