Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling like a woman

oh, gosh...

soft
    smooth
    smiling
    gentle

...the feeling comes and i move differently, my skin feels softer, my eyes are larger, and i treat people nicer. it's an unmistakalbe feeling, something that is there all the time, but needs to be unmasked.

chrissie

ShelleyR and Kimberly have it pretty much right on the money.

I might also add that feelings of femininity are also marked by a distinct sense of altruism, collaboration, and perhaps coy sense of submissiveness.

But mostly its a sense of contentment. You fell content because you realize that you are finally the person you were always supposed to be.
    Does this ring true with anyone else?
    Marie

Physically or emotionally?

I would disagree with, what seems to be the majority opinion. Which is that since we have the reproductive organs of a male that we can not know what it "feels" like to be a women.

As I recall, many of us, according to recent research, are born with a female brain. With that in mind, and knowing that feelings are emotions that originate in the brain; then yes, of course we ( some) can feel like a women.

If you are talking about some of the physical aspects of womenhood, such as PMS and childbirth, I would point out that many GGs don't give birth, and some older ones don't menstrate. Does this mean that those GGs can't know what it feels like to be a women?

Having said that, I feel like a women at all different times. MOSTLY when I am dressed, but, because I think ( as I have been told by waaaaaay to many of my GG friends, that don't know about me!) like a women, then most of the time.

Mostly when I am dressed and out, and men hold doors open for me; Smile at me; flirt with me; and otherwise pay attention to me as a women; I feel like a women.

I feel like a women when the GGs in my life come to me for advice or to talk to me like any other women. Some from work have taken to calling me, albeit jokingly ( they dont' know) , Aunt Michelle. Because, I am rather famous for my cookies and advice.

I can't really describe what I am feeling when I am out in full girl mode and for a brief moment I feel as though I truly am a women.

Michelle

Marie TG

It certainly rings true for this Older Lady. & Trina - Security is Being a Woman
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Of course, as others have said we can't possibly really know what's it's like to be a real woman (GG). What I think some people get confused about when they say they "feel like a woman" is not so much that they actually "feel like a woman", more that they don't feel like they usually do when they don't dress. Because they know they are a genetic male, yet feel different, then they think that they must be feeling non-male, and given that they happen to be wearing women's clothes at the time they think - gosh could this be what it feels like to be a woman?

That's where the confusion is IMO.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Jess, I feel like I owe you a reply

But this is a good one.

The one time my SO hurt me concerning my CDing is when she told me I would never know what it feels like to be a woman. And while I agree and it is obviously true, I think in part my CDing is heightened and enhanced by this illusion of femininity. Being feminine is being like a woman. And sometimes it carries the illusion of "feeling like a woman".

But make no mistake, it is not just an illusion. I think many of us are in part more female and therefore more "woman" than many or most other men. I for one, am more sensitive and emotional and tender and touchy-feely than your average male. I have always been told this by women. My SO knew this about me even before I started CDing and liked it. She says I am very unlike any other man she has ever dated in this regard.

But, please, allow me to turn the tables. What does it feel like to be a GG? I am dying to know...

your friend

Michelia

The tight Bra biting into your sides and your shoulders, the waist nipper or corset biting into your sides, the feel of pantyhose on just shaved legs, standing higher in highheels, the feeling of the earings after they have been clipped on for hours, keeping track of your purse never letting it out of your sight trying to keep it on your shoulder, trying to keep your skirt down as the wind tries to blow it up, the softness of the satin dress or satin blouse and or skirt, ect, ect I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! The feel of everyones eyes on you as you enter into a room.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Banned Read only
    When I'm freshly shaved from head to toe, and wearing a short dress, nylons, high heels, full makup, wig and perfume, and walking down the street with my heels clicking on the sidewalk, and my legs exposed, and the breeze coming up under my dress, and a car goes by and honks at me, it just takes my breath away. And I think, "my god, except for one small item, I am a women. And I get that vulnerable feeling, with my legs exposed, and unable to run in the high heels. It's the ultimate rush.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I am not one thing, nor the other, but a living mosaic of each.
    I am the hunter who is confused with the prey
    I am the master who is confused with the servant
    I die every month so that my race might live
    I am born again a wanton, and again an innocent
    The mystery is within me, embracing it, there is no mystery
    Men risk death to possess me, I risk death to let them.
    I betray without pause the illusions of Reason and Logic in faithful service of Wisdom that bows to neither.
    Worshipping in Wanton Dance and Ascetic Prayer between the altars of Kali and Quan Yin...

When I feel like a woman...I feel more like her!

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

[SIZE="3"]Hey Jess.

What if feeling like a woman ,at the core, Isn't that much different than feeling like a man. Of course mainly on an emotional and intellectual plain.
    I realize that there are differences , hormones, physical realities and societal conditioning etc. but would you agree that if we get down to it men and women all share similar needs ie: Love, acceptance, a sense of self worth and self esteem, and hope for a bright future etc.?
    As a side line though I think many CDs feel more like women than men, atleast empathy wise

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Good question

hmmmmmmm....good question, and easy to answer, just hard to articulate in words...

perhaps, warm, pretty, sexy, who knows, I don't...I just enjoy the feeling, perhaps the feeling we experience is description enough...

I'm just happier

Like most of the posts here I agree that we can never know what it is really like to be a woman. All I know is that I am happier when I look like a woman!

I'm dressed up now and found it hard to tear myself from the mirror (maybe because I am finally getting the hang of this liquid eyeliner! ) All I know right now is that this smile won't come off until the clothes and make-up do!

Feeling like a woman

I wouldn't want to repeat the many points already made. I accept that I cannot feel (i.e. experience emotions) as a woman feels. For me, though (and surely I'm not alone) what I want, as a crossdresser is to feel the clothes "from the inside" - i.e. to feel how a woman feels her clothes. I think, to quite a large extent I can succeed in that. I can feel what it's like to be wearing tights or stockings and suspenders. i can experience the different feeling of a short or long, tight or easy skirt. I can know how a drss feels different from a skirt and top. I can even feel the tightness of a bra and how its straps feel on my shoulders as I move around (though I certainly can't experience the bra as a necessary support for breasts, as a woman would, because I don't have any!). Perhaps I can even experience a little bit of how a woman feels as she moves around and does everyday things in her clothing - not seeing my feet as I come down the stairs in a wide skirt; taking care about how I sit in a shorter skirt; having my stride limited by a tight skirt, etc. Sadly, because I can't freely go outside dressed, I have not experienced what it is like to go for a long walk in a dress, heels, underwear, etc. The nearest I can get is by wearing female underwear, stockings, etc. under my male clothes and walking along the street, getting on the bus, going into the shops, driving the car.....all the while aware of some of the feelings a woman would get from wearing those clothes, but missing out on the whole experience.

In one other sense, too, I sometimes "feel like a woman". What I mean is that I can feel my own body, dressed in women's clothes and, to some extent what I am feeling (touching) feels just like a woman! Sitting in the chair, as my hands rest on my lap, they are resting on the material of my skirt. It's light and smooth and quite unlike my male trousers. I feel the skirt gliding over the silky nylon slip beneath it. My hand brushes against the hem of my girdle or the button of a suspender. When I stand up and put my hands on my hips or my waist I feel the tight elastic of my girdle, etc, etc. In short, I feel like a woman!

Finally, although, there are so many dressing experiences that are largely denied to me such as not being able to go out dressed, possessing only a very limited female wardrobe, being unable to get the right body shape to truly experience how a woman feels in her clothes, I can still experience some of the amazing variety of dressing styles enjoyed by women. At one extreme I can wear the female minimum (bra, knickers, dress, shoes) and the airy freedom it seems to offer. At the other extreme I can feel the constriction and restraining effect of a strong panty girdle and long-line bra with tights, a tight skirt or dress and high heels. Then there are all the permutations in between. I may never truly "feel like a woman" but the experience of trying is unbeatable.

I'll never know what it is to "feel like a woman" but I do know what it feels like to be a CD who dresses like a woman. That to me is inner peace and relaxation.

After thinking about this some more, I might add that when I was really into the Ericka side of myself, the feeling was totally different from the Rich side of myself. Ericka (not Salandra) was my take on myself from a feminine perspective and how I projected myself in that perspective. This is where I felt the vulnerability. Those days are gone, however, and now as Salandra, my overall persona is pretty much invincible and unshakable and I don't feel like a man or woman really, just Salandra.

Go out to the top of a hill on a breezy spring day, dressed in a man's shirt and jeans.
    Now go home and change into a strapless sundress with a fitted bodice and a pleated knee length skirt.
    Go back to the top of that hill.
    As the soft breeze kisses the small mounds of your cleavage and gently lifts your skirts, then, my sister, you will feel like a woman.

Go to the mall in your female finest.
    Park near the entrance.
    Be sure the teenage boys hanging out at the entrance can see you.
    Turn the car off and open your purse, pull the vanity mirror down.
    While you are sure those boys are watching you, precisely and lovingly apply your lipstick.
    When you see those boys mouth's drolling, then, my sister, you will feel like a woman.

But, mainly, when you say to yourself: I am pretty. I am confident, I am feminine. I like being a girl (if only for a few hours), then you will and should feel like a woman.
    Last edited by Wendrme; 03-15-2007 at 02:03 PM.
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

Wish I knew what it was to feel like a woman but when dressed i feel softer
    Gentler
    Kinder
    cuter
    Sexy
    i dont know if woman feel this way but this is what makes me dress as it seems to come out for me when dressed and i am a nicer person. plus love to pamper myself

Luv Regina

Question feeling like a women

Indeed what does that mean ?, I think it could mean alot of things , but for me I define it as Simply being and living freely in my femminity , and enjoying every second of it , freeing the femmine spirit thats with in !!!!!!!
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

Your statement is what I'd say. The only thing I could add was when I was out a week or so ago, my hair was lightly blowing across my face - that really made me feel like when I have seen so many girls whose hair is also giving off that tantalizing look

MM interesting subjec though isn't it? When you think about it men and women are definitely differently wired up and do come from different angles on just about everything. But then no two women are the same. And how does a woman know what it feels like to be a man who feels like a woman. OMG this is getting complicated. I think I'll go and make a cup of cocoa.
    Love ya
    Bev

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    Feeling like Rita
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!