Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A night to remember

A night to remember

An update on all things Megan.

As some of you know last week I went to San Jose on business. From a business point of view it went as well as could be expected and we (my company) have a good chance to gain 2 new accounts out of the deal.

From Megan's point of view it was a fantastic trip!

It went like this. Tuesday afternoon I gather up Megan's things and the necessary DRAB for the trip. I selected an outfit along with wig, shoes, make up etc. Wednesday morning I was up at the crack of dawn... I'd slept well in-spite of the fact I was very excited (I'd never taken Megan on a trip before). I packed up my laptop and needed business paperwork and was off to the airport. I checked my bag of clothes as luggage. I didn't like the possibility explaining the contents of my carry-on to the TSA staff. And I so was off to SJ.

At this point I still didn't have a dinner companion and I had a little trepidation as to how the evening was going to play out. I had heard from Roberta Fermina from the forum who lives in the area but she had a scheduling conflict.... but gave her my number just in-case. I was a little down because of this........... as she and I have had some e-mail talk over the past months and I was looking forward to seeing her as we seem to be kindred spirits.

Well I arrived at SJ no problem, got my bag no problem and was off to the rental car place. While on line at the rental car place I got a call from a number I didn't recognize just as I stepped up to the counter and ignored it to deal with the agent instead. She was cute and upgraded me to a blue convertible Mustang after I had admired her ear rings. COOL!
    Got in car and checked the phone message. It was Roberta saying that her schedule had cleared and we were on for dinner!! YAHOO!! We would meet at Carla's Boutique, shop a bit and then off to dinner.

I took care of my Wednesday business and got to my hotel about 2:30..Parked my car right next to the stairwell so I could slip in & out with little fan fair. I settled in, relaxed a bit, got out my things for the evening and talked with Roberta to finalize details. She was running behind and we would meet about 5:30. At 3:45 it was into the shower, shaved and started the assembly! One small problem, I had forgotten the small lighted make up mirror I use... well the room has 3 mirrors so I'll work through this or so I thought. Easier said than done...The lamp light was poor at the desk, there was no light by the hall mirror and the mirror in the bathroom was florescent, bright as hell and hooked in with a bathroom fan that sounded like I was inside the engine of a 747!!

Well it took a while but at about 5:00 I was ready. Second problem I'm hungry as hell I was to excited and forget to eat lunch!! Oh well .........Checked my purse, again and out the door.. down one flight to the car. Check my face in the visor mirror (hey, I looked good!) and I was off.

Now my blood sugar was so low and my nervous excitement was so high that my foot was trembling on the accelerator. Add to that I was dealing with a muscle car in a strange town in 5pm rush hour traffic, I'm not to sure my directions and I'm fully dressed!! ... Well you can imagine I was right on the tattered edge. I headed off 3 miles in the wrong direction and had to back track.... my estimated 20 minute drive took 55 minutes due to rush hour traffic. But after the first 20 minutes my nervousness had subsided and my driving auto pilot had kicked in. But all was OK as Roberta called and said she to was behind and would be there by 6:15.

I arrived at Carla's... they closed at 6 pm so I waited in the car. 10 minutes later Roberta pulled up. I was anxious to see what Roberta would look like in person. She was stunning! Lovely velvet dress, great shoes, hair and make-up the works. She has such an air of confidence about her. I stepped out of my muscle car to give her a full look. I'm sure she wanted to see what I looked like too. We chatted a minute and then we were off to this great Italian Restaurant.

The service was wonderful... no one even looked twice, not the staff, not the other customers, no one! The food was superb. And the conversation was fantastic!! I now know the true meaning of "Girl Talk". We covered all topics...life, love, marriage, jobs, carriers, wives, children... the entire gambit. It was wonderful!!

After what seemed like hours we paid our check and stepped out into the night air. We had discussed possibly hitting a club but my long day was catching up with me and I had an early meeting in the morning. We settled for a walk down the street and a couple of photos to memorialize our evening. I drove her back to her car and we said our goodbyes. I got back to my hotel, got ready for bed, slipped into a green satin nightgown and slipped off into dreamland.
    It was one special night for the history books.

God is great!

XXX
    Megan

IMG_0195.JPG IMG_0196.JPG IMG_0197.JPG IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0199.JPG
    Loving the Lace!

What a great time you had, Megan!!

So Happy the 2 of you where able to get together for a wonderful night!!

Girls night is awesome, Huh?!!
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

WOW!! It must have been incredible to go somewhere and meet a sister there for a night out. Sounds like you both had a great time.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Love Dawn

I went to find the "softer side of Sears" and I can't find my way back

sounds like a trip you will not soon for get clad it was a great experiance now relax take a deep breath and remember the good times (and start planning the next adventure )

susie

Aspiring Member Missy Anne's GG's Avatar
    Thanks for a great report! Glad things worked out well and that you had a fabulous time with Roberta.

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG

Thank you Megan for sharing your wonderful story with us
    BTW you look great
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

Wink Many thanks

Many thanks to all the ladies for their kind words.

Especially to KrazyKatGG for shepherding this post through a couple of moves. My heart felt apologies to her and I thank her for her kindness and her understand heart.

XXX
    Megan
    Loving the Lace!

Aspiring Member
    Glad you had a great time, I suspect we have some wonderful people on these forums.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Thanks for sharing

I enjoyed reading the post. It sounds like a great time. I also liked the pictures. Both of you look wonderful.

Michelia

Wow it sounds like you had a wonderful time together

I am pleased you enjoyed it
    Last edited by Shelly_P; 03-25-2007 at 03:30 PM.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Aspiring Member
    Good for you Megan!

Thanks for the story Megan.. It leaves me much more optimistic for my first time out.. I haven't yet gotten up the nerve than to take a drive or a night time walk, or a drive thru burger..

Megan, I'm glad your trip went so well in all areas. Spending girl time with other girls is so much fun, isn't it?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Glad to hear your trip was so much fun! I travel a lot and enjoy meeting other TGirls because you can be yourself with them. You can share your joys, your fears, and your stories, and they KNOW how it feels.

By the way - do you have any details on the Italian Restaurant? My company has a mojor office in SJ so I get there every once in a while and it would be neat to know of someplace cool to eat. It also doesn't hurt that I love Italian food! lol

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Glad to hear your trip was so much fun! I travel a lot and enjoy meeting other TGirls because you can be yourself with them. You can share your joys, your fears, and your stories, and they KNOW how it feels.

By the way - do you have any details on the Italian Restaurant? My company has a mojor office in SJ so I get there every once in a while and it would be neat to know of someplace cool to eat. It also doesn't hurt that I love Italian food! lol

Kim
    I assume that's the guy talking there..... since in girl mode you SHOULD be eating salads!!!

Great adventure, Megan!!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Ouch - your killing me! You know, there ARE limits to what I can endure for the figure, and I flat refuse to give up on Pasta. Nope, uh uh, aint gonna do it!
    Kim (the fat, pasta eating, redneck)

Don't forget the old saying Kim!

Ancient Chinese Saying: Once on the lips, forever on the hips! Never have seen a big hipped chinese girl so it must be true!

Which in my case if it only would go there and no where else, it would be fine!

Dana

I am so bummed....

we live in San Jose and were at Carlas just the other night! Was the restaurent at The De Anza? I sure hope we meet up when you come out again!

Louise. (maurried to a CDer).

Cheers to you, Megan! The anxiety and anticipation of that night out really paid off and I'm so glad for you both. It's great to find a nice place to go to, but to have someone to share with is all the better. You both look terrific. Thanks for posting a wonderful trip for us.

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar

Thumbs up

[SIZE=4]Megan, sounds like such a wondeful time. Can't wait till my SO and I get to get together with other CDer's. Glad you enjoyed yourself! CG gg[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Country Girl GG [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]

Thanks!

Thanks to all!

Yes, the restaurant was De Anza!

The food (including pasta) was fantastic.... and I've spent 30 minutes a day everyday since on the elliptical working it off!!

But it's worth every minute....

As I said the staff and service was wonderful!

If all goes well I will be returning to San Jose in a few weeks. I will plan further in advance and make sure I get to Carla's - when they are open!!

Any restaurant suggestions??

XXX
    Megan
    Loving the Lace!

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Thank You for memorializing our evening, Megan !

Your Company and Beauty were delightful, as was the fare at "La Pastaia" in the DeAnza Hotel.

Megan was a grand sport, conversing frely and eating lightly while I 'grazed' (hah!) on a salad, a first, and second course of fabulous risotto and rack of lamb.

I have magic hips, dears, no expansion at all....you all should get a pair !

Looking forward doing it all again.....

Roberta

P.S. can't see the pictures...did you try the "insert image" icon (looks like a mountain in a yellow square) ?
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Dearest R,

You are correct... of course. La Pastia was in fact the name of the Restaurant.

Now, I did attach the pics and they are viewable - as several of the girls have mentioned them. Perhaps your computer is a bit off..... Or perhaps you should trade those magic hips for some magic eyes.

** Roberta was a fabulous dinner companion and a truly sweet and caring soul.

I can't wait to do it all again.....w/o the stress.

XXX
    Megan
    Loving the Lace!

Megan, you are so welcome, I'm happy all has worked out!!

Roberta, could I get a pair of those magic hips??!! Please put me on the waiting list!!
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar

Hip to the Magic?

KrazyKat !

I got my Magic Hips by obeying some simple rules.....always!

Always eat exactly as much as I need, never more, and, in an emergency, I can eat LESS (hehe!).

The dirty secret is this, They are not Magic Between Meals, when I eat and drink no calories at all, not even a Mocha Cappuchino!

That said, three times a day I'm "Little Miss Chow Hound!" !

Woof Woof ! Yum Yum !
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :