Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which mode ??

Silver Member Iniquity Blonde GG's Avatar

Which mode ??

Here i go "again" with another question but.......
    do you prefer yourself in "male" mode OR "female" mode ??
    which part of you can you tolerate more if ur either male or f/male role ??
    [SIZE=3][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]angie [/SIZE]

Hi Angie, As you probably already know, I'm cool either way and don't really prefer one or the other. Dressing has become more of an artform(and for fun) to me these days than a need. I'm equally comfortable being Rich or Sal.

Hello,
    Where I am right now in my life ( have not done any CDing in a couple of months, so I am enjoying being in the regular guy mode at this moment. My CDing comes and goes. I have learned that I can tolerate myself in either the male or the female roles for extended periods of time without stressing about one or the other. I do hope this helps in answering your questions.

If had the courage, I'd be living in both modes. But since we all know what that would bring, I have to live primarily as him. But in my mind, I'm a gurl and have been this way all my life.

Hi Angie! Well, I have to be in male mode most of the time, so I am comfortable with that. It makes to time I do dress even more special. That being said, I would love to experience the female mode much more, but it's just not possible. Oh well, I do know I'm quite blessed to have what I have, and a wonderful wifey also!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Hi,
    when i am in the male mode i am quite happy to be male,when i am in the female mode i am also happy to be feeling feminine, but some times when i have to be dressed in male cloth`s i have a great urge to be dressed feminine if that makes any sense,
    joanne

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Female mode, hands down.
    I'm somewhat bothered in male mode these days with all the responsibilities and uncertainties in life.

Actually, I'm handling it pretty good....just not so much fun with all the turbulence and uncertainty.

Roberta doesn't sweat it. She knows that being happy with what is is best. Funny thing is, why don't Bob know?

Vive La Difference !

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I too am happy in both modes. At the moment I am busy working so don't really have time to crossdress, and because I am so busy I don't really miss it at the moment. The urge will return soon and I look forward to it.

In my male mode, I am pretty much a no nonsense guy. In my femme mode I am very tolerant and accepting of other views. I have noticed that the more I acknowledge my female side, the more that my male side is becoming more tolerant.
    I think that I am becoming happier in my female persona and wish that I could be there more often.
    Debra

You DO ask interesting questions! First thing I'd like to clarify is that "I" am "me" regardless of the clothes or makeup. The things I like, enjoy, or feel, do not change with my gender presentation, so for me your question becomes closer to "you prefer to wear pretty clothes, hair, and makeup or not". Hands down I DO prefer the pretty clothes, hair, and makeup. I'm afraid that as a guy, I'm not asll that attractive and I like to think that dressed I am. Dont know if that's true or my perception, but there it is . . .
    Kim

Your question pre-supposes that there is some sort of dual personality disorder brought about by dressing up and becoming "someone else" like some Jeckal and Hyde.

It is an easy way to explain it to someone who doesn't understand, in the same way that people refer to their fem name as if it were someone else, (Julie got new shoes! etc) but clothes are just clothes.

Someone might adopt a different posture, way of walking and talking, but I can't see how anyone can claim to be a nicer person or have different personality traits just because they wore a skirt that day......unless they have serious mental issues.

So in answer to your question.......There is no fem and male me as seperate entities. I'm just as charming and lovable no matter what I am wearing.

Although I have the desire to be female, my male side has advantages that I use. Sometimes I must cognitively transform into a more male-centric ego. It sounds crazy but I feel the female/male personas are part of a team that needs to work together , to suceed in life. Then to make matters more complicated , I got a third persona that is more like the ID and makes me nutty but in a good way! [SIZE="3"]I'm not crazy, you gotta believe me![/SIZE]
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I much prefer the female mode, unfortunately I have to spend 1/3 of my time in male. I hate the male mode to be honest and can barely tolerate it.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Smile

Definetly Fem Mode !!

Melissa

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

which mode

I am comfortable either way but if I could I would be female mode all the time because thats what I prefer.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    As I have gotten to know my female side better I find that I enjoy myself most in femme mode. It is a more comfortable state of being for me. I know that may sound odd coming from someone who has said a few times on this forum that I am comfortable with both sides of myself and that I have no intention of transitioning, however, as I move forward in life I am finding that my mind is opening up more and more to the wondrous possibilities of this universe and I am getting so much more comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity. Life is an ever flowing river and it is constantly changing. As I open my mind and my heart I see so much more than I did. It really is quite wonderful and amazing actually.

I am sure that I am making complete nonsense to all of you
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

In a fantasy world, I would be female, no question, in the real world I present as a male because that is what friends, family and others think of me and there is to much to lose muddying up the waters. The time I do spend dressing is quality time for me, but I certainly can tolerate the male part.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I'm kind of split right now between both. My male mode has sort of made a resurgence, and I'm kind of enjoying it at times. I still enjoy being femme, but for now it's the male mode that pays the bills, and supports my femme side and my wife. Jocelyn

I prefer my female mode! I enjoy my feminine side much more than my masculine side. Even when I am in my masculine mode, I am now a bit less argumentative, get agitated less frequently and I find myself a lot more tolerant of others. My senses are more alive where I notice the beauty in things and the fragrant smells. I just like the softer side of me better whether in male or female mode....make sense?

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    So in answer to your question.......There is no fem and male me as seperate entities. I'm just as charming and lovable no matter what I am wearing. .
    Julie,

And I thought that there was only "Julie", the witty, oftentimes sarcastic and yet ever so lovable person who I envision always walks around in those sassy heels. You have indeed shattered my delusion of you.

That being said, you make a good point. I say that I enjoy my femme mode more, however, it is a mode, a point on the (totally artificial) gender continuum. I have in my mind a model of characteristics/behaviours that are more masculine, more feminine and somewhere in between (there are an infinite number of points on the curve), but that mental model is my own and everyone's else's is different. In my model, there are things that I would consider more feminine and these are things that I am starting to gravitate more towards at this point in time. Later I may move in a different direction. All that being said, they are all still me, they were always there and I chose to project more or less of any characteristic at any given time.

Thanks to all of you who time and again point out that gender is not bipolar (though perhaps I am) and that gender constructs do not define who we are.

Now off to the mall to buy some new heels

Huggs
    Melissa
    Last edited by melissacd; 03-24-2007 at 10:29 AM.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

I don't know, what day is it? it ebbs and flows, there are times I can and don't dress for days, even weeks, then there are times I won't get out of a skirt for a week at a time. When I am in the male mood, I am happy in the male mode, and don't think that much about the female side of it. When I am in the female mood, I am very happy in the female mode, and don't think that much about the male side of it. Sorry not much of an answer, but that's the way it goes with me.
    Tina B.

Put simply, it's a combination of this, that and the other thing. Yes, no and maybe but I digress, that's what makes a person.

I don't really want to live in a fantasy world - I have a much better time in reality, so I am mostly in "male mode" because I am a male, but dress in women's clothes (as defined by society) because 1) I like the feel of them, 2) they are comfortable, 3) it's something new for me and I like it.

Like many of us here, I am moving outside the box of defining certain things as male or female. As I was applying my mascara yesterday in the bathroom where I work (I get in early before anyone else!), I was thinking - men wear toupees, color their hair, etc. but those are not associated with "female". Mascara is "female". But I see little distinction to be honest. I wish my environment allowed me to wear female attire (espeically high heels!) on a daily basis with no issues, but the world I live in has big issues, so it's a more private thing for me. What makes high heels for women, lows for men. You all know all this anyway! Some of you are more comfortable being more open, etc. So I wear women's underwear (much more comfortable than men's!) - not as a statement of gender, but as a personal choice of what I find personally comfortable. I use mascara because I really like the look of my eyelashes longgggg! It's not male or female for me.

Silver Member Iniquity Blonde GG's Avatar
    Lol well thats me been put in me place !! no no, i perfectley understand that it doesnt really have that much impact on some of you as either male or f/male mode
    & Juile York...... i think you should be f/male by hell youd frighten alot of women round ere pmsl ( as in the "female bitchy" side ) !!
    [SIZE=3][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]angie [/SIZE]

I'm with Ms York with this one, male/female modes don't exist for me. I'm simply me whether dressed or not. In my real life Lilith as a persona never "comes to visit". The only place that Lilith exists is as the femme name I use in here.