Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right way to sit

Scarlett

Right way to sit

I haven't found a good way to sit without exposing my panties. I don't know how the GG's do it so well! I keep my knees together tightly but that still leaves an area where my skirt is stretched across my thighs. Crossing the legs is the only thing I can think of but I'm not sure what is showing underneath then since I can't look there.
    I will point out that this is only a problem with my 12" skirts. The longest I have are 20" which isn't a problem, just these minis which are my favorites.
    SO says I have better looking legs than hers so I like to show them off!

You could always try not wearing panties...then they won't see them.

But seriously, the way I am built, it's hard to keep the legs together tight enough to hide the panties with short skirts. I am going for more open skirts with a long slit up the side or middle, like the new one in my avatar.

But 12 inches??? Eeekk!!
    Last edited by Kristen Marie; 03-27-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Twelve inch skirt!!!!!! I would make sure you have on nice looking panties. That's all I can think of.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Scarlett

Right way to sit

Thanks for the "helpful' information! As far as I can tell, quite a few GG's haven't solved this problem either. Always have on nice panties so that's not a problem, just trying not to show them to the world is!

I truely think Paula is right....12" is Short!!

I think the general consensus is.... if someone sees your panties under that skirt, you asked for it!

A 12'" skirt is ridiculously short. That really can't be considered a skirt.
    I love my micro-minis, but 16" is the shortest.
    Andi ....

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by scarletppn View Post
    SO says I have better looking legs than hers so I like to show them off!
    Pics??

You're dressing "****ty" and you're worried about showing panties?

Aspiring Member
    put your hands in your lap to block the view.

Scarlett

Right way to sit

Hi Deborah,

I wouldn't consider it ****ty at all. I'm 5' 8" tall and my skirts reach within 5" of my knee. They cover my gater belt tabs and the welt of my stockings when I'm standing. It's just sitting causes the problem. I like the last suggestion of using my hands to cover the gap, very helpful.

Don't sit.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Instead of crossing your legs normally try around the ankle and then swing your legs around what you are sitting on. You will have to sit a little more forward but it will also help with your posture.
    Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absent-minded. Someone sober will worry about events going badly. Let the lover be.
    ~Rumi~

You always admire what you really don't understand.
    ~Blaise Pascal~

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Don't sit.
    hehehe .... That's what I was thinking.....

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Don't sit.
    I missed this, yeah this works too.
    Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absent-minded. Someone sober will worry about events going badly. Let the lover be.
    ~Rumi~

You always admire what you really don't understand.
    ~Blaise Pascal~

i agree with holly and karren

susie

Try using black topped copntrol panty hose or tights with black panties. Let the guys guess and enjoy. My shortest so far is 15", but with black tights (hairy legs - hehe) you just see a very dark mysterious area.

i agree with those who say, "Don't sit." Standing will show off your legs better anyway. If you're going to sit while wearing such a very short skirt, you should probably just accept the fact that your panties are going to be viewable--it kind of goes with the very-short-skirt territory.
    warmly, Linnea

I think we need a picture of this 12" skirt. Then we can judge the situation properly!!

I've got a 12" tartan mini skirt, and I know thats impossible not to flash your knickers at times, I thought that was half the fun of wearing them

You could always wear tights, that way you're never really exposing yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana View Post
    I think the general consensus is.... if someone sees your panties under that skirt, you asked for it!
    Girls I think you are being a bit harsh. I am sitting in a short pleated skirt that sits on where my hips should be. I have checked while sitting here typing and unless you were down on your hands and knees you could not see my panties. And this skirt is only 11" long so according to some I must also dress ****ty. I sit with my feet crossed at the ankles and this automatically closes my legs so my dignity is hidden and also I would place my hands on my lap to hide any gaps that are seen if any.

I would have to take care if getting out of a car but this is then case with any length of skirt. I think the problem is not the lenth of skirt that you wear but how you carry yourself and the manner you go about sitting and standing up etc.

Hope I did not offend anyone.

I try to observe what GG girls do and immitate. Mannerisms, gestures, etc. They don't seem to have a problem with this because it's second nature to them. It takes a little practice along with just being aware of what I'm doing and after a while I think it becomes second nature to me too. I remember my SO told me one night I wasn't crossing my legs right. GG's cross them at the knee (which keeps the thighs together and hence makes the crotch area unviewable) while men generally cross them over the thigh. Now I'm so used to crossing them at the knee that I have to think about it to 'keep' from doing it that way! I've also noted that GG's often keep both feet to one side, which forces the knees to point to the opposite side, and keeps the legs together, but this I haven't mastered yet
    Last edited by JennaC; 03-28-2007 at 09:03 AM.
    Hugs n Kisses
    ~Jenna~

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    Make sure you pull down your skirt before sitting so that it extends as low as it can. As you can tell from my pics, crossing my legs is my weapon of choice it pretty much covers everything.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

I too have a couple of 12" skirts but I'd never wear them if I was going out. As long as I stay home it's not a problem but I have to admit, even when standing, they just BARELY cover my panties.
    Kisses, Linda

Personally, I have a little trouble hiding the private when getting up or down,but not sitting. There will be some showing from a side view. I usually wear tights anyway so they don't get the panty view. Pics included.
    Love,
    TameraAttachment 44234

Attachment 44235
    Last edited by Tamera; 08-14-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaTS View Post
    I too have a couple of 12" skirts but I'd never wear them if I was going out. As long as I stay home it's not a problem but I have to admit, even when standing, they just BARELY cover my panties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera View Post
    Personally, I have a little trouble hiding the private when getting up or down,but not sitting. There will be some showing from a side view. I usually wear tights anyway so they don't get the panty view. Pics included.
    Love,

Tamera
    I do not mean to be ignorant but I have to ask how high up is the waist of your skirts. I am 6'2" and I wear my 11" pleated skirt and you cannot see anything of my panties. I really think that some girls are wearing their skirts too far pulled up at the waist.

Most short skirts should sit where your hips would be. Remember a mans waist is a lot higher up than a womens. Try pulling your skirts down from the waist a bit and you should not reveal to much.