Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So who here sits like a female?

So who here sits like a female?

Just wondering how many of us sit like a lady? Sort of a dumb question however valid. I've caught myself many times sitting in a chair with my legs together like a lady.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

I find myself crossing my legs at the ankles a lot. Does that count?
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Hey Jenny long time no see!

I've always been more natural sitting like girls usually do. Especially the knee over knee. I used to try to not sit like that in public but I don't care anymore. People can think what they like.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

As much as I try to I have a difficult time sitting like a girl. When wearing a short skirt I show a lot more than I should.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post

I've always been more natural sitting like girls usually do. Especially the knee over knee. I used to try to not sit like that in public but I don't care anymore. People can think what they like.
    Yes Ma'am,its been a while. Really, who cares what other people think? Live for yourself and be happy. I've often found myself sitting like a female at my desk and if people make a face, I just give a "I don't give a squat look."
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    As much as I try to I have a difficult time sitting like a girl. When wearing a short skirt I show a lot more than I should.
    So naughty
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Banned Read only
    Hiya Jenny nice to see you back. I have to remind myself not to sit with my legs cross to avoid any unwelcome comments. Most of the time i do cross by ankles under a chair though.

Don't know what it is ,but the minute that i put on my girly clothes i feel like a women,walk like a women,behave like a women and yes even sit like a women,must be the clothes,what do you think?
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

I always sit like a lady and that's something that my spouse pointed out one time. One reason is a knee problem but "that's just an excuse"...lol
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    I wouldn't say I sit like a lady but I tend not to sprawl as much any more, not that I ever really did. Crossing my knees is uncomfortable but I do sit with my legs closer together than I used to.

Now, I do walk more like a woman. Most of the time I don't even notice it.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

I frequently cross my legs like a girl. Of course I always sit like a girl while wearing a dress or skirt.

Most of the time when I dress
    Angie

When in fem mode, I try to sit like a woman. Some days it feel easy and natural, other days, it's quite uncomfortable! Go figure! LOL!

Once in while, even in guy mode I'll sit like a woman not even thinking about it. My g/f once asked me "why was I sitting like a fashion model?" It would have been cute if she wasn't so stern about it... oops!

Myst

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    I always sit like a female when en femme. And, I usually do the same even when in guy mode.

Sitting

I have a bit of a handicp and I find it easier to get in and out of a car, specially my Miata like a woman, even when I do not have to.
    However, when I sit I can't seem to comfortably hold my knees together. Its probably easier on GGs because their hip joints are further apart than on men.

Danielle

I've always had a few manerisms that would be considered more female. One of them is that I've always tended to sit with my legs crossed at the knee. I never knew that this was a 'girl' thing until I got teased about it in school. I still tend to do it automatically and will sit differently when I notice I am doing it.

As far as the ACT of sitting... When I first started CDing, I was way too careful about how I sat. Smoothing the skirt under me, adjusting the hem afterward. I would fuss with my skirt a lot when getting into car to make sure it was even, pulled down and smooth.

Then I started really looking at GGs doing the same thing and noticed that for the most part they didn't fuss much. They would just sit and adjust things only if they really had to. Ever watch a woman in a skirt getting into a car? She doesn't do anything more than she would if she were wearing jeans... just get it and drive off.

I try now to do the same and not dwell on it...
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    I've always had a few manerisms that would be considered more female. One of them is that I've always tended to sit with my legs crossed at the knee. I never knew that this was a 'girl' thing until I got teased about it in school.
    Same. Whenever I feel like crossing my legs, I will -- 95% of the time -- go for knee-over-knee as opposed to ankle-over-knee. I don't know why, it's just something I've always done. When I was in high school, people would whisper to each other about the way I was sitting, but it wasn't too bad. A few times, my classmates asked me why I sat like that and if it hurt to sit like that, but my answer was always something along the lines of, "Uhhh, no, why would it?" Egh. People.

Apparently I also used to walk like a girl, too, and I had gotten teased about it a couple times. What made it so bad is that I didn't even realize I was doing it. It's just the way I walked, and I had never thought to myself, "Am I walking like people expect me to?" GRRRR!

More recently, I've tried changing the way I walk to be more "manly," but I still don't know how it is any different. /eyeroll

Lady like leg crossing is my standard way. My wife is always trying to correct me.

Oh well....Girls will be Girls.

Hugss...

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I tend to sit like a lady most of the time. It's been pointed out more than once, but I just play it off.

Jasmine

yep me

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Hiya Jenny nice to see you back. I have to remind myself not to sit with my legs cross to avoid any unwelcome comments. Most of the time i do cross by ankles under a chair though.
    thank you ma'am you are looking good

glad to see that there are quite a few of us that like a lady
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Pretty much all of the time. In fact, almost exclusively. The femme sitting posture just feels the most natural for me, and I naturally assume that position whenever I sit down. I would have to concentrate NOT to sit that way. I guess that's a good thing!
    Marie

Michelleupnorth michelleupnorth's Avatar
    I've noticed this thread earlier and started to take note of how I was sitting, yup I sit like a woman, go figure.

Always like a girl!

One of my good friends pointed out to me that I nearly always sit with my legs crossed like a girl, whether I'm dressed in drag or in drab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Living the Dream!
    Regina

Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post

I've had comments about siting like this. About looking kinda fem doing so. One thing I did learn about it that it causes weakening of your knee making you susceptible to injury. I also walk kinda fem and my hand gestures tell quite about about me. Limp wrists anyone ?