Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of the game!/Predictable Responses

Banned Read only

Exclamation Out of the game!/Predictable Responses

Once again, even though I have had lots of fun and have learned so much about myself through crossdressing I am once again quitting active dressing. The Salvation Army is making money for the helpless selling my shoes and dresses and I feel free, free, free!
    It really is tuime in my life to ditch this fetish. So much of my life as a father and lover needs this energy more than my selfish urge to dress up. This is not to say that dressing is gone from my mind, but the active part, the dressing, making up, hair-doos etc. the dangerous part which if discovered would ruin parts of my life is now purged along with that nice "Guess" patent leather purse/backpack and my MAC lashes.
    Free at last! free at last!!!!
    Now all you naysayers, line up to take a whack! I won't be back!

some times a girl just has to take time off ,enjoy

susie

Well Ranee

I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a great future

You know we will be here should you decide to return at some point

Never Say Never
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by Ranee Daze View Post
    Now all you naysayers, line up to take a whack! I won't be back!

How many times are you going to say this? You come here saying you are not dressing anymore more than some people dress at all.

Whatever you decide, Ranee, just do what makes you happy. It just seems to me that you're just trying to convince yourself and not being honest with what you truly feel. Regardless, good luck to you!

Good luck.....See you when I See you.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Well Ranee, whatever floats your boat. From where I sit, the only person you are kidding is yourself. But in any event, we'll keep the light on for ya!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I've lost count of the number of times that I've said that and got rid of all my "girlie" stuff.
    I haven't purged in about 6 years now and don't plan on doing it ever again.

I've learned that the woman in me will always be there no matter how I dress, so I prefer a dress or skirt most days.

If you can just stop and it doesn't effect your attitudes badly, then so be it. You're much stronger than I have ever been.

I don't want to stop. Ever! Why should I? Because of what someone else says I should be? NOT!

Actually the people that I have let in on my "little secret" are absolutely OK with it. One doesn't want to see it, but we are still good friends.

I'm telling more and more people all the time, and eventually I won't have to hide it at all. (I hope.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    Well that's interesting.

Participating on a CD forum to anounce that you don't participate.

Yeah, right!

Good luck, sweetie. I wish you Godspeed on your jouney.

Steph

Renee, I can relate to wanting to quit since I'm on that journey myself right now. My suggestion is to have a plan in place to deal with the urges when they come...and they will. If possible, get yourself a support system of people, even if it's just one who can encourage you and hold you accountable as well. In my case I know that if I'm the only one to be accountable to I'll rationalize my way out of anything. If this is really what you desire be willing to do whatever it takes to make it work...go to any length. I wish you success.

Whack Whack Whack!

You're going to have tons of fun buying new stuff one of these days!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    I just came from a SA store - was that your slit pencil skirt?

I hope you got a receipt - the IRS will want to see it when you write off your push-up bras and leather minis.

Ahhhhh yes... the delusion of The Purge.

Moderation is the key and that key comes with real maturity.
    You will be back!

Good luck on your journey
    But we will be here if you need us
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

i wish you well i hope you can quit, but we will be here for you when you need us , enjoy your time off come back soon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Been There, Done That!! (Several Times)

Hi Ranee,

As I said, I've been there and done that. I won't do it again! Yes, everything you say about the downside is true. Nobody ever has said that being a crossdresser is without danger of some kind.

To me the key is to be smart when you play the cards you are delt. I'm sure your intentions are good and right now your plan seems the answer to your concerns. I truly wish you well. My last time I lasted from October to the following April. Geez, it was expensive to rebuild. And that cute little black skirt-----I cant find one to replace it!

As several have said before me, good luck and please remember that we will be here for you should you decide to return. I'm making bets that you will.

Huggs,

Susan

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

Quote Originally Posted by susanwill49 View Post
    . And that cute little black skirt-----I cant find one to replace it!
    That's the worst part of a purge.

During my last purge I lost a pair of Doc Marten mary janes. Made BEFORE DM was sold to Reebok. A one in a million find.

I will never ever purge again. And haven't done so in many many years.

Hi Ranee,We don't know eachother and maybe I shouldn't be so bold,but the urge to dress will come back again over and over.It doesn't mean that your a pervert or a reprobate.Being a crossdresser doesn't mean that you can't be a good husband and father or that you haven't been so already.I've known for years that I was a CD'r and I've purged several times and I've also done the thing of letting it slide for a long time so I would drift in with the sports, deer hunting and beer drinking crowd and just be "normal" and forget about it.It didn't wash for more than a few days.Being a CD'r is as good a life as anybody could ask for even if some people are hostile about it or think that it's freakish and strange.The life that CD'rs lead beats the hell out of an "average" life even if it is at times real scary and precarious.Good Luck, Ranee.I hope things will be OK.Yours,Samantha

Ranee best of luck hun if it don't work you know were we are if it works well have a nice life
    Angie

I have never understood the urge to purge. I might go for a period where I don't dress but I just put the stuff away. Out of sight out of mind. But when the girl comes back, I don't have to spend a fortune to play again.

I also don't understand why you would go to a site like this to announce that you aren't going to dress anymore. If you want to quit, just quit. We don't need to know that little bit of information. Seems like you are trying to entice a negative response.

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Huh, haven't seen this before.
    The question that looms in my mind is why can't someone's dressing be balanced and just be a part of who they are. It seems there are many who manage this way.
    As for the infamous death-knell post of Pffffffffft, there, I'm leaving; I can't help but chuckle a little.
    Kew
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KewTnCurvy GG View Post
    The question that looms in my mind is why can't someone's dressing be balanced and just be a part of who they are. It seems there are many who manage this way.
    Kew
    I agree with Kew, the key here is balance. I believe some here may purge as a result of going femm overload. ( I believe a result of a lifetime denied all things femm ) You don't have to get of anything, nor do you have to wear lashes. It's ok to just have everyday womens clothes.

I respect your decision, and I hope you've made the right choice. Just remember, you need to be yourself, it is your life, and I don't recommend living it for others.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Girls Please, if she needs to quit then we should support her! And really dear quiting is easy, I know, I have done it dozens of times!
    Tina B.

Bye bye Ranee

Thanks for letting us know and coming to bid farewell.

CD'ing affects everyone's life differently. Some of us do not feel that much pressure. I know I have struggled to balance it with the rest of my life and I may not be around this site as much as I would like.

Good luck with your decision. Even if you may be back again. That is OK. Go for it if it is what you think you have to do. Good luck.

And when and if you are ready to come back, please do. Do not feel as if we do not want you.

Michelia

So much of my life as a father and lover needs this energy more than my selfish urge to dress up. [/QUOTE]

I've been thinking this very thought lately.
    The strange thing is, is if my SO were into it, I probably wouldn't even ever be questioning any of it.

So, I guess that tells me that there's nothing wrong with the act itself. I'd like to not be so obsessive about it, but right now that doesn't seem to be in the cards. It's back and forth between "what aM I doing?" to "I can't wait to do it again".

Sometimes I have a judgement about others in this respect and I realize it's because I'm one of them and I'm really judging myself. Sometimes I wish I never had the urge because it would be easier and sometimes I think of what an incredible creative expression it is. As an artist, I love to continue to try to pursue a realistic feminine look (even if I do look like an f*&% doll as someone said here before).

I wouldn't presume to guess what you'll do in the future. I can only say I identify with how you feel and I hope we both find a way to be happy with whatever decisions we make.
    "In a Patriarchal world, crossdressing is akin to treason...it's the ultimate punk rock expression."
    - Ru Paul