Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out of the game!/Predictable Responses

Banned Read only
    You'll be back. It's like being in the mob. Nobody gets out.

You gave yourself permission (but you can take it back)

"(I realized) a few things about my CDing and most important was the fact that if I managed it well, as in allowing myself to go out maybe three times a year but extremely well done up for a well planned outing, my fantasy life would harm no one at all and give me a wonderful release that golfing or shooting hoops just won't match. ... I think that you should try this as I have. It has given me joy and peace. Remember what Popeye sez....'I yam whats I yam!'"

Ranee,

That was you in November, 2005. Things change, people change, of course, and sometimes the change is permanent, but as others have pointed out in this thread, sometimes it isn't. I wish you all the luck in the world. Our way is harder -- er, bad choice of words -- more difficult than the straight way, so if you are successful, you have admiration, and a blessing, from all of us here.

If you have truly gotten over us in six months ("out of the relationship", as the therapists say) you should be able to come back and tell us how great it is. Do that, as we will be thinking of you.

Hugs,
    Susie

hey Luv~

works whenever i get crazy ideas like quitting....
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

Enjoy.

No recriminations, no "whacking."

Just enjoy.

Renee, I suspect you might be viewing the words of the posters on this thread as sirens, calling you back against the rocks on which your ship of self assuredness in not crossdressing will founder.

We're not the sirens. You are.

I'm quite sure that millions of men have tried to do exactly as you are doing now. You despise this little secret, are afraid of the ramifications of being found out, find it virtually irresistable and then in a moment of strength declare yourself to be emancipated, free forever from the bonds of your inner self.

It doesn't work that way.

Even having a support group, you will fail. I don't say this as some kind of siren, but with knowledge that nobody...not one person...has ever been successful in purging and keeping it that way. It might be a week, a month, or five years. But, sometime somewhere you are going to 'fail' and find yourself dressed in women's clothes. It will happen. Count on it.

In the meantime, you could be pushing yourself towards an unhealthy mental state. Attempting to repress this can cause you to become inwardly angry, and lash out at loved ones around you. Sometimes it can be hard to readily associate this anger with the lack of crossdressing. Even if you somehow (beyond all real life results) manage to keep this repressed forever, you will still be wrestling with this in one form or another.

As a good test of how successful you might be in repressing the urge to crossdress, try not using your left hand for three days. At all. Imagine your left hand is completely missing. I'll lay very good odds you can't do it. It's part of you. Same goes for crossdressing.

I don't wish you good luck in your attempt, because I think what you are doing is unhealthy. Instead, I wish you health.

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    See you soon!
    "Diane"

Smile Wishing you well

Ranee,
    We all question our priorities on a regular basis and then need to make decisions. Some can be very difficult to make. Do what's right for you..
    I got away from actively dressing for quite some time due to family demands.. and returned when the situation allowed it.
    Whatever your future holds, we can all expect, you will remain a kindred sprit who recognizes us for who we are, and not the threat to society as some would claim...

May all your dreams come true
    Gina

I have to agree with those who say it's not really possible to quit. CDing isn't a nasty habit, it's not a sickness, it's a characteristic that you have. You can suppress it, but as has already been said, that can be harmful both psychologically and physically.
    We don't all necessarily enjoy the fact that we are CDers all of the time, but it's there and it isn't going to go away, so the trick is to integrate it into your life. And the equation is different for each of us.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Banned Read only

Interesting, almost predicable responses...

I'll stir the stew and say that just a few of you are in denial wrt the notion of quitting active dressing as I have. Note I said "active dressing". So I've purged the access to excess of my wardrobe and makeup. I won't deny that the notion is still in my mind. I've just got so many better things to do with my time and money now.
    My dressing always has had a very strong sexual element to it and I wonder if those who responded as they did to my first post wouldn't mind responding yet again as to the level of sexual element in their dressing. Something tells me different needs or motivations would create different replies.
    As far as the denialists, well more than a few of you were downright negative and a touch nasty towards me....how feminine of you to show such understanding and support. NOT.. I guess it is true that a pig in a dress is still a pig.
    Finally to those who honestly have offered goodwill and support, thankyou all.
    I am not missing it...it was getting to be a drag anyway..

I see you are on line so, I re-read your post and I think i understand now.....you have gotten rid of the clothes, and now rely on this forum as the outlet for your dressing. You must have read all the responses and I see you haven't replied to any of them, I think this is a bit unfair to all of us.....go or stay, the choice is yours, but please don't try and use others to satisfy your urges. I am sure if you PM an administrator they will delete your profile.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Well I didn't respond to your "I'm out of here thread"..... So let me be the first to welcome you back!! Hehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well, you did ask them to take a whack Ranee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranee Daze View Post
    Now all you naysayers, line up to take a whack! I won't be back!
    Two days and you're back. Or did you mean you wouldn't be back to dressing enfemme.

Best of luck with that. Really! I do mean it. Wish I could have quit when I quit several times. Not that it bothers me, but it does bother my wife.

And no, it's not sexual, its because of being transgendered. So, maybe that's why I can't quit.

As for someone quitting when it's ALL sexual, I don't know if it is just as hard to stop. I imagine it is. It probably takes some a good bit of time to retrain the mind to be aroused by something else instead.
    DonnaT

I know what you mean.

I have spent 5 minutes typing this reply. I read it ,edited it, and rewrote it and it was still crap so I deleted it.

The gist was something like...

erm....yeah I know what you mean and good luck.

Platinum Member
    well good luck with giving up dressing there is only on cure that works... stop living anything short of that won't work...

for me my dressing is not sexual ... it's abought me being me and it can be fully dressed or just one item .... again good luck......

as i said i do wish you well, i hope you can quit. but i have never met one who has can i be honest i quit when i got married it lasted two years and came back with a vengeance , so i am not being mean just honest please enjoy your time off we will be here when you come back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I still come back to look in on friends but here is my truth

copied from an earlier post....

"The inclusion of the female (crossdressing) effects a change in the male personality, producing a new personality that is better than either alone. The female empowers and transforms the male. This stage is ongoing. The new self continues to grow--presumably in the direction of greater spirituality and service to others.
    It is consistent with the anima theory that the urge to crossdress may diminish during these later stages. The crossdresser now understands that it was not the clothing or being a woman that he sought--these merely symbolized the deeper aspects of his personality he sought to express. Once he experiences and expresses these aspects directly, female clothing itself has less meaning and importance."

It depends on the individual... some of us must move on.

Still checking in on ya....love you all!

"Carla"

Banned Read only
    As someone who goes back to Usenet group days, just my

Classic troll behavior. Make a statement intended to provoke, let people respond, and then come back as victim. As we used to say back then - the pre-historic 1990s - lather, rinse, repeat. Don't go so far as to be put on people's sh*t-can list, but stir it up, and keep returning to the same subject.

I won't be back!
    No comment.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    How many times are you going to say this? You come here saying you are not dressing anymore more than some people dress at all.

Whatever you decide, Ranee, just do what makes you happy. It just seems to me that you're just trying to convince yourself and not being honest with what you truly feel. Regardless, good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Well Ranee, whatever floats your boat. From where I sit, the only person you are kidding is yourself. But in any event, we'll keep the light on for ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by diane59 View Post
    See you soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well I didn't respond to your "I'm out of here thread"..... So let me be the first to welcome you back!! Hehe

Love Karren
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    No comment.
    enuff said i believe!

Ben There, Done that, And said the same thing. But it's reall expensive when you have to by more cloths to replace the ones you gave away.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I am once again quitting active dressing.
    Which timezone is Ranee Daze in? The posting shows as 09:16 March 31 to me -- wonder if it was already April 1 where Ranee was?

Doesn't get out much. sandcastle's Avatar
    I've purged twice in my time.

I don't regret losing the first lot of clothes (they weren't very good), but wish I still had the B&W photos of a much younger Sandra.

I started again fairly soon after getting my own house.

The second purge was not of my making (that's another story!), and I deeply wish I still had some of the nicer pieces. Fortunately, I kept my photos separate.

I'm slowly building myself a third collection (in the loft).

Sandra the hoarder.
    Sandcastle is a bit buried.

Banned Read only

Missing the point....

The point is simple and many have missed it entirely. I do not intend to crossdress again. It may be in my mind still for a long time, but I won't be going out as Ranee again. Read ladies, read, instead of reading what you want to see.

No more trolling is to be done in this thread.