Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding rings

I dont wear mine at work at all but going out I would wear a ring on my wedding finger gawd if a guy started trying to chat me up he would get seriously hurt!!!!

I wore my wedding band 24/7 for 21 years until I had carpal tunnel surgery on my left wrist. Since I had gained weight, they had to cut it off in pre-op. My wife has promised to have it repaired and resized for my birthday in May. It is a plain 18K band, no gender distinction about it.

On a related subject, for many years my wife could not wear her wedding band or engagement ring due to a skin condition. She offered to have the engagement ring resized so that I could wear it. However, fortunately for her, and unfortunately for me, her skin condition finally cleared up and she now wears both rings. Oh, well.

She has promised that when finances permit, I will get an emerald ring (my birthstone) to wear next to my wedding band.
    One's true gender is in the heart and soul, not one's anatomy.

Your brain...don't leave home without it!Maureen

I keep it on. It's only been off once in over 33 years. I was playing catch after work hours at two-weeks military training one summer years ago. When I got done showering I noticed it was gone. My buddies and I basically ripped the bath facility apart looking for it. Turned out it slid off my finger into the matching finger of my baseball glove.
    I wouldn't be here today if I had gone home from that training (with its weekends and evenings in town) without that ring.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I take my band off when I get out of my clothes before a shower. When I am dressed, I have a nice looking CZ ring set!

My wife bought me a ring too

My ex wife bought me a knockout CZ ring which I wore a lot back a few years ago. I would hope to make an agreement with my partner that I might be able to wear appropriate jewelry for the gender that I want to express. Love conquers these details, hugs ladies! Greta

30 years in not near long enough

Working with my hands has taken it's toll on 3 rings so far. I'm on my forth. So it's not really which band I wear, as much as it is that I am wearing one. I feel it's the message, you see. Therefore I don't have a problem having "Stephanie" wearing hers to fit her gender. Yes she has a nice diamond. Diamonds are a girls best friend. O.K., O.k. it's a fake. I gave my wife the real one.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

they are the same

My ring and that of my wife are the same band, both wide gold. I do take my ring off for safety's sake when it is appropriate for physical safety, but there is nothing unsafe about being enfemme, so there is no reason to remove it. My wife and I have talked on occasion about rings for Tina, but we aren't decided yet .

Tina

I wear an engagement ring on my finger that I bought in a jewellery shop. Apart from helping fend off unwanted advances, it looks really nice on my hand!

I am married and proud of that and would not want to hide it. I have always wore my wedding ring when I have gone out. Recently my wife bought me a CZ engagement ring to go with it.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

I lost my first one in the cold icey waters of Maine. I was only married a couple of years then. So I got another one. That one almost ripped my finger off. So I took it off and never put it on again. It sits in my wifes jewelry box to this day.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Better late than later NatalieH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by countrygirlGG View Post
    How many of the girls keep their wedding rings on or take them off when you dress & go out?...With out your SO's????
    So far I've only been out with my wife (and maybe a friend or two), and our matching silver wedding rings stay on. I don't have enough illusions (delusions?) about my passing ability to worry about the rings, too many other more obvious signs.

Natalie

ON.

I can't get if off even if I wanted to. Knuckle's way too big.
    DonnaT

When it gets hot/humid, my fingers swell enough that I can't get my wedding band on in the morning. (I don't sleep with it on) My wife's used to me wearing it on a chain around my neck during summer months. The weird thing is, it fits me just fine during the winter. Sometimes it even seems loose then!

When I can physically wear it, I just wear it. Other than the size, it's identical to my wife's band anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Hi CC,

I always wear my wedding ring .... apart from the size (diameter), it's exactly the same plain gold band as my wife's ... same style, thickness etc. I never take it off in boy or girl mode.
    Us too! Why take it off? I just add a fake engagement ring to the mix!

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    I keep it on. It's only been off once in over 33 years. I was playing catch after work hours at two-weeks military training one summer years ago. When I got done showering I noticed it was gone. My buddies and I basically ripped the bath facility apart looking for it. Turned out it slid off my finger into the matching finger of my baseball glove.
    I wouldn't be here today if I had gone home from that training (with its weekends and evenings in town) without that ring.
    No doubt! Me too....If I lost it..pow..zoom to the moon Alice

I always wear my ring.
    warmly, Linnea

I never go out of the house without my ring on my finger. I just don't feel right without it. Of course I also wear two other rings all the time as well. I have worked jobs where I had to take it off simply because of safety, but it goes right back on as soon as I get off work.

The only time that I take off any of my rings is when I am puttine lotion on my hands due to the fact that I use a very heavy lotion and all three of my rings have tiny cracks and crevices that become clogged with yuck if I don't but then as soon as I am done they go right back on. I feel naked without them. I plan to eventually have a ring for every finger that I will wear all the time, when we can afford it, but I have always had an affinity for wearing jewelry so it only makes sense for me to wear them all the time.

Of course there's also the fact that I can't take off any of my rings without the use of soap due to the fact that they fit rather tightly onto my fingers, which I prefer so that I know I don't have to worry about loosing them.

Too me it just doesn't seem right for me to take off my wedding ring when dressed because it is the outward sign of my love for my wife and she is the only one who has the right to take that away from me. Of course there is also the fact that she gets very upset if she doesn't see it on my finger when she looks and my hands.

We have talked about me adding a second ring beside my wedding ring simply because of the ring that I wear on my right hand is an Irish claddagh and it is intended to be worn on the left ring finger as a wedding band if the wearer is married, but when I mentioned the idea to her she didn't seem all that thrilled with the idea so i just left it alone at the time. But, maybe in the future she will agree to the idea.

Anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

I never had a wedding ring when married I knew two people that lost fingers
    with rings one man and one women , I didnt feel comfortable wearing one
    but when I am out en femme I wear gold rings one as a wedding ring not that I am married I just feel its another prop in my trying to blend in
    I would like to get an engagement ring too

I only take off my wedding band when I am at work because my job is dangerous to wear rings when working on machinery.

I do like the idea of adding an engagement ring though.

i always wear my ring, always.
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

The only reason I can see anyone removing their wedding ring if they are out dressed without their wife is to try and be deceitful and get off with someone.

Always wear my wedding ring with or without my wonderful, understanding, beautiful wife being out with me.

I don't wear my wedding ring at work as me and my wife both prefer to have me with all my fingers left LOL.
    If we go out anywhere be it in boy or girl mode I wear my wedding ring. As we have matching somewhat gender neutral bands it has never posed a problem for me. I wear my ring becuase I'm glad of the fact that I'm married to the wonderful woman that I am.
    Natalie

Lone Wolf

Off

I take it off, since I believe that my hands look more fem that way.