Thread: Fem Voice

Fem Voice

The other day whikle I was at work I went to make a delivery to a place I go all the time. The inner door was locked so I yelled "Delivery". The GG that works there was in another room she came out and said "Oh it is you. I though it was a woman." Know I have been mistaked for a woman on the phone many times, but never in person. Made me feel good that I sounded that way. Now if could only do it all the time. LOL
    Hugs Jodi Lynn

Through a door is basically the same as on the phone. Congrats on your lovely voice. Very few of us are as fortunate.

Cheers,
    -Sedona

I can't do it
    Angie

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Jodi,

Gosh, that must have made you feel wonderful. I know I would dearly love to be mistaken for a woman on the phone. Even though my wife tells me that my femme voice is "not too bad" we both agree that it could do with being more feminine. Even if you "get there" which I can, It's such a lot of hard work to maintain it though ... don't you agree? I just can't seem to hold it for any length of time unless I'm really concentrating on how I'm saying things, which is not much fun when you are out having fun at dinner or whatever.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

If we could only change our voices as easily ar our persona and manerisms sigh

I'm jealous.
    I've got to keep my mouth shut when I'm dressed or it just ruins everything.

Banned Read only

Do this test

Put a finger on the top of your Adams apple. Then put the finger from the other hand on the bottom. Now talk, sing, babble,La,la,la. Is most are all of the vibration on the top, bottom, or both?

I will tell you the answer after some of you answer.

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe311 View Post
    Put a finger on the top of your Adams apple. Then put the finger from the other hand on the bottom. Now talk, sing, babble,La,la,la. Is most are all of the vibration on the top, bottom, or both?

I will tell you the answer after some of you answer.
    Ok, I'll bite. I feel vibration both, but a tad bit more on the bottom.

I found my feme voice while singing, it took a few years, but I much prefer my deep Elvis like voice. Thank ya verra mush lol

I have several voices. My male voices include my regular day-to-day midwestern 'hard-to-place' ideal telemarketer accent. (Very popular teaching English in Mexico). My other male voices include my 'on-air' voice for interviews or taping, more 'smile', rounder vowels, etc.
    My two main femme voices are Wenda's, whose is 'mid-Atlantic', not British, but not really North American. Could be a bit bitchy.
    The easiest femme voice for me is Dolly, Dolly Parton. Dolly is from somewhere south of Cincinnati. Not a southern belle who can be a bit naive. It is the easiest to slip into, and the one that people respond most warmly to.
    Keep working on it. I think Mel Blanc, the incredible voice behind Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam had over 80 voices. AS Polly would say," yew jus' gotta remember sweetheart, yew aren't tryin' to imPERsonate anyone, y'er jus' findin' their voice." In other words, you have to hear it before you can say it. Practice while you are driving. Practice singing. Leave yourself voice messages. Have fun. w.

I have several voices. My male voices include my regular day-to-day midwestern 'hard-to-place' ideal telemarketer accent. (Very popular teaching English in Mexico). My other male voices include my 'on-air' voice for interviews or taping, more 'smile', rounder vowels, etc.
    My two main femme voices are Wenda's, whose is 'mid-Atlantic', not British, but not really North American. Could be a bit bitchy.
    The easiest femme voice for me is Polly, Polly Darton. Polly is from somewhere south of Cincinnati. Not a southern belle, who can be a bit naive. It is the easiest to slip into, and the one that people respond most warmly to.
    Keep working on it. I think Mel Blanc, the incredible voice behind Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam had over 80 voices. AS Polly would say," yew jus' gotta remember sweetheart, yew aren't tryin' to imPERsonate anyone, y'er jus' findin' their voice." In other words, you have to hear it before you can say it. Practice while you are driving. Practice singing. Leave yourself voice messages. Have fun. w.

Banned Read only

Here is it

Most men’s will be vibrating on top and bottom and most women’s only on the top!

But try it and get your wife, girl friend sister or some other GG to go it to prove it to yourself.

It has to do with harmonics and resonance not just frequency and range.

Try it you will see. It is harmonics and or resonance. A women’s voice is only about 6 notes higher than a man’s. But if a man talks 6 notes higher it sounds like a man talking 6 notes higher, not a woman. The reason is because of harmonics and resonance.

Why? I doubt anyone knows. But probably the hormones at puberty that changes the larynx and how the vocal cord muscles work and develop, not to mention the growth of the voice box, a bigger voice box the more resonance and the deeper the voice, that is why a grand piano sounds so much better than an upright. Usually the same length of strings just more sound board to resonance.

Even women with a low voice sound like women, remember Mae West, she had a low voice no one would mistaken her voice for a mans!

Those that have mastered the woman’s voice “turn off” the bottom vibrations (what ever that is)!

There is plenty of free info on "finding you female voice". I would not have believed it if I did not try it and get my wife to try it. She said "Yes it is only vibrating on the top", and mine was on the top and bottom.

So what to you do? Well you can get a dual trace oscilloscope, a dual channel preamp and a couple of miniature microphones (with double sided tape) and put one on the top of your Adams apple and the other on the bottom and watch the scope? Then start to make all kinds of sounds, gargle, gurgles, burp, La La, talk in about 6 notes about your norm, sing or la, la in about 6 notes about your norm, clear your throat, etc. When you do sometime that stops or makes the lower Adams apples sound a less volume or stop it then try to duplicate it. If you can stop the lower sound you are on your way to getting that female voice.

Or you can experiment with a tape recorder and play it back until you hear the female voice.

If I was to do it I would do it with the scope and a recorder for good measure.

One word of warning. It apparently is possible to loose your male voice! One person I read about said when she found her female voice when the wife came home she talked in a very female voice and her wife freaked. It took her about 2 hours to get the male voice back. My guess is it is not just stretching the vocal cords but the way they vibrate, (my suspect they vibrate on the top more than the bottom) Like a piano or guitar, you take away some of the sound boards and it changes the sound a lot, that is the resonance and harmonics that gets changed.

I assume there are muscles on both ends of the vocal cords so if you can “shut off” the bottom muscle you are on your way.

Many people have lost their voices for one reason or another so if someone figures out the resonance and harmonics of the voice box and what is actually happening and duplicate and describe it you could make a fortune, maybe the first step to a artificial voice box.

No doubt I will have a lot here that will call everything I said crap, or antidotal evidence or coincidental or not scientific or a con and the power of suggestion etc. So be it, a closed mind is a closed mind I pity them.
    Last edited by janedoe311; 04-04-2007 at 12:17 PM.

I created a very convincing voice but it took years. Same here, had that "I thought you were a woman" many times. I used to sing with Franki Valli songs, mimicking his rather high pitched voice. I've also done that with a few female singer voices. At work, I mimic Michael Jackson a lot and get the gang laughing, just as much as doing Curly from the Three Stooges! LOL I had one woman tell me I should do voice-overs!
    Just Be Yourself

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you like oldies radio, check out http://www.thehop-radio.com and hear me LIVE ! Play lots of free games or join our shoutbox chat while you listen too!