Thread: Another First - dressing for church

Another First - dressing for church

I didn't think there was anything I hadn't done till today. I up early for mass and while I was getting ready I started putting on makeup out of habit. And thought I never go to church en femme. But I continued getting dress. White linen slacks ( I know Karren slacks ) a black top and heels. Mass was just starting when I got there and sat in the back next to young man. During mass he help me with the kneeing rails. At one part of the mass you hold hands and pray then you greet the people around you. No one notice or much care if they could tell what I was. After mass while leaving had 2 gentlemen hold the door open for me and said he hope to see me next week.

Now I have to go out and find a outfit for Easter. Maybe something in pink.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

True gentlemen always open doors for a lady

Well done on having the courage to go dressed
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Aspiring Member

Smile

Congratulations Glenda on going to Church en-feme

I had always had the desire to go to church enfemme as well.

Last Nov. I was invited to go and visit some people who were renewing their wedding vows for 25 years. The ceremony was held in a church.

I went to service totally femm, had a great time.

On the Sunday next, the entire group went to church in the morning, and again i went totally as Denise. I was very well accepted. It was a very pleasant experience. After the service they had a coffee hour, which we attended and every one was so pleasant and invited me back the next time I was in the area.

So nice to be able to go out and go to Church, as we feel comfortable

Denise

Yes, it feels so good to be in church in your enfemme self. I plan on being in Easter services next Sunday at a church in central Houston that has invited my wife and Melanie to attend many times. We have only attended once since we live 25 miles away in the burbs.

Lets see how many will put their Easter femme clothes on and honor our living God enfemme in His house. Report back on your experiences and show us what you wore. This is a challenge to all of you!

Hugx,

Melanie
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Reasons

I have thought of many reasons to buy a new item to wear, but never a whole new outfit and never ever for the reason quoted.

Go, girl, go
    ~Samm

A few years ago I too went to church dressed, not knowing what to expect. I was somewhat reluctant and had to be coerced by a friend.
    I was delighted as to how well it all went. First of all the alterboys were girls, the sermon was about accepting each other as we were and at the sign of peace parishoners in the row front turned and shook my hand in the sign of peace without batting an eye. My friend even went to communion dressed.

Did it every Sunday for six years at a Unity church in Lawrence, Kansas, and I do the same now at an Episcopal one in Muskogee, Oklahoma. I have also visited several Unitarian ones. I don't want to go any other way.

Any church that advertises itself as gay-friendly is a safe place to go in feminine attire. Look also for "welcoming and affirming" churches, that means they welcome GLB and T people. (Your local gay newspaper might be a good place to look for listings.)

That's great! Congrats! Its definitely a nice experience to go to chuch and in femme.
    I went to my first Sunday mass about a month ago.
    Here's my story in a nutshell. I wore a one-piece black dress (medium length skirt just above knees) with a blue floral pattern, pantyhose, and black pumps. It was an early morning mass (7:30AM), but due to some car trouble, I got there late and in the middle of the readings. When I walked in, my heels were noticably click clacking on the tile floor, but nobody seemed to look back so I searched for an open pew and sat in front of a middle-aged couple.
    As I listened to the sermon, occasionally I glanced around to see if anyone was looking, but nobody was so I started to relax and be comfortable. As the mass went on, I acted natural and did my best to be a female. I crossed my legs, sat straight up, and occasionally tilted my head. During the offering, I dropped my money in the basket, but the usher didn't look at me funny. And during the offering of peace, I shook hands with the people around me and they didn't seem surprised. However, when I went to shake the hands of the middle-aged couple behind me, I noticed that the wife had a distinctive smile that she knew what I was. Oh well, I didn't think anything of it and just shook hands.
    As communion was being given, I debated whether I should go, but when my row started to lineup, I decided to do it and so I did. I walked up to the priest, got my communion, and walked back to my seat. There was nothing to it, it was a piece of cake. At the end of mass, I walked out with the rest of the church goers and out to the parking lot. Nobody was looking at me strangely or anything and so that completed my first church outing in femme.
    I'm looking forward to doing it again soon, but I'll have to wait until my roomate is gone for the summer. Its just around the corner so it won't be long.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

One habbit I just can't seem to break when dressed, I will always hold the door open, must be the minnisota thingy.... sounds like a very nice day!

Hugs...

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Just never could go completely dressed. Just my undies

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SissyJackie View Post
    Just never could go completely dressed. Just my undies
    That is me also! I am way too well known and too active in my church (Catholic) to even try going enfemme. I have never gone out in public totally enfemme because I am terrible at makeup and hair styling. Even with a wig (I have 5) that is already styled. I have gone out in total female clothing and shoes, sometimes wearing a skort. (I know, Karren, should be a skirt or dress!!) I wear panties almost all the time and if it is cooler weather I wear a silk camisole with my bra under it. Wish I could wear a dress!

Sissy

More Girl than man

Sunday Mass

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    I didn't think there was anything I hadn't done till today. I up early for mass and while I was getting ready I started putting on makeup out of habit. And thought I never go to church en femme. But I continued getting dress. White linen slacks ( I know Karren slacks ) a black top and heels. Mass was just starting when I got there and sat in the back next to young man. During mass he help me with the kneeing rails. At one part of the mass you hold hands and pray then you greet the people around you. No one notice or much care if they could tell what I was. After mass while leaving had 2 gentlemen hold the door open for me and said he hope to see me next week.

Now I have to go out and find a outfit for Easter. Maybe something in pink.
    Glenda, I am certain there are hundreds of cds who would love to have gone to church as you did- certainly I am one. In fact just about a month ago I bought a beautiful suit which I decided would be my Easter Sunday outfit- it looked so "springy" and just exactly how I wanted to look on Easter. I have the complete outfit and hope that I will have the nerve to do as you did. I too am a Catholic and have worried about the greeting and receiving communion- I hope and pray I will have the nerve to celebrate Easter as you did on your Sunday.
    Carol Anne

This is the church below that I will be attending as Melanie on Easter morning. This is one of the largest Metropolitan Community Churches in the US. If you come to Houston you are welcome anytime at Resurrection Community Church. Here is what is found on their web site below the picture:

Ministering to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender
    Community, and their families and friends

Melanie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
    This is the church below that I will be attending as Melanie on Easter morning. This is one of the largest Metropolitan Community Churches in the US. If you come to Houston you are welcome anytime at Resurrection Community Church. Here is what is found on their web site below the picture:

Ministering to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender
    Community, and their families and friends

Melanie
    Would please you post the address, thanks.

I have thought about going dressed en femme a number of times. I may have a chance to follow through this spring when I'm in the Seattle area. The comments in this post are certainly encouraging.
    Thank you all.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Would please you post the address, thanks.
    The address is:

Resurrection Metropolitan Community Church
    2025 West 11th Street, Houston, Texas 77008

Services are 9:30 and 11 AM on Sundays.