Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Identification

CD Identification

Hi, What does everybody think of this.

I have always wondered as I am out walking around in stores ect., who amongst me is a CD. I was thinking of a way to help us meet others like us, without wearing a sign.

I thought wouldn't it be neat if we can get a wrist band made,like the yellow Lance Armstrong ones, for CD's.

Maybe one that was blue and pink. Not one that would stand out too much. That way only we would know what that colour meant, and we would be able to approach that person and introduce ourselves.

Just an idea, Maybe you hate it, maybe you don't.

What do you think?

That would be a great idea. I just do not know how to spread the word around.

I always thought the same thing as would be in the stores. I probably passed by a few other girls like me and didn't even notice. Some cd's are really good and veru passable. I don't think I am passable enough. I wouldn't want to wear anything to identify though.

In the Vortex of Entropy between worlds. Well, Minnesota...I guess.
    I think it would be interesting to say the least though. The only problem would be that by some means, the mainstream media would catch wind of the band or whatever and all CDs wearing it would be instantly outed. It could be a mark of pride or it could be a Mark of the Beast, depending on how you look at it and who knows what it means. I love the idea, by the way, but I don't know if I'd want to be identified as a CD, even to other CDs.
    [SIZE="3"]Do faith and cross-dressing need to cross swords? I believe not... ~XDW Nathan-Natasha[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"How do you expect my enemies, my friends, and the public in general to understand the meaning of the images that appear suddenly and which I reproduce in my pictures, when I myself, who am the one who 'makes' them, I don't understand them either?"
    ~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It is pretty easy finding other crossdressers in stores, they're the guys trying on dresses.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I agree that any type of "secret" ID would eventually be outed to the mainstream along with anyone using that ID. I think more local CD organizations, CD shops with changinging areas and maybe a small lounge would much better facilitate meeting others of similar interests.

I've often wondered about the "secret handshake" type of thing.
    I often wonder who else in a store is a CD.
    It's a little game I play by myself, but I'll never know the answer.

It would be nice to have some sort of sign/signal but I do think it would become public very quickly.
    Still this forum is a good way to identify each other.
    I've mentioned it to a couple of men. One laughed and the other was curious about it.

Thumbs up mainstream would help ITLR

for all of us to be recognized as a sizeable group of society to be counted with IMO, so let's institutionalize that tag right now!
    cancer man or cancer woman, with double cancer settings for me that is NOT the question!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar

A covert suggestion

Perhaps this would work. When en-femme I wear a fake cubic zirconia engagement ring on my ring finger. While out one can easily turn the ring around so the stone is facing towards your palm and the ring appears as a regular mens band. When shopping and you see think you see another CD, you simply turn the ring around so the stone is visible, and the ring now appears as a women's engagement ring which most likely then not would be worn by a CD. Jocelyn

How about a pink armband with a start on it?

Personally, I don't think such an idea would catch on. The idea is to "pass" right? If a person is good enough, they will even fool the "foolers".Mission accomplished, in my opinion. There are other ways to tell, however, such as body language,mannerisms and the like. Really though, I'd be the last one to burst someone else's "bubble" especially if they were having joy pulling it off. Having an ID kind of defeats the purpose and takes the fun out of it. Most people are not looking for such things anyway, they just want to be themselves. If they are good enough to get by, I'd say they did a good job and would leave it at that. Works for me.

I'm in! put me down for what ever you girls come up with, wella as long as its in reason, a giant blue and pink peace sign! naaaaa, but something would be nice!
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Smile

Hi,

This subject has come up before but it was a long while back. The general opinion from the list offered was that a thing called a moebus strip would be best. It's a sort of double sided / single sided loop thingy. I don't think anything ever came of it though.

It's funny how you do wonder who the other CDs are when out. I doubt there is anyway to really tell. The "sign" thing would definetely be found out at some point as would the wristbands.

I'm sure some CDs are quite happy to be incognito too and don't want the attention when out shopping.

Mark.

I wear one or two womens items that are not noticed typically unless you are familar with them. For example, I have one is a pair of boots that can go either way except for a tiny stitching difference. A guy who notices must know about them and only would if interested in them. One evening my wife and I were in a store together. When she left me to look at something on the other side of the store, another guy came up and commented on how adorable my boots were. He smiled as he walked away to rejoin his SO, looking back as they left the store. I returned the smile and thanked him. We did not have a chance to chat, but I am positive he shared our interest. In short, sometimes you just need to look at the small things to notice or be noticed.
    Ally

On one hand it would be nice to have some kind of magic CD transponder that just highlites the other "girls" out there. But on the other hand this is something that is so private for so many and the chances of any kind of ID being abused, people getting outed and their lives messed up is just too scarey...

On the other hand, a Lavender Hanky in the right pocket is supposed to signify a Drag Queen in the gay/sm scene.

I only know of one CD that I've spotted cold, and that was just by chance. (pardon the pronouns here) She was in a Traget store shopping with his wife and dressed male. However, when he bent down to pick something of a low shelf his shirt got tight across his shoulders and I spotted the 2 distinctive bumps of the bra strap adjusters. and a faint outline of the hook fastener.

We continued shopping and I made sure to manuver to see a closer view and from the front it took me a while to realize the buttons on the shirt were on the "wrong" side. It was a womans blouse styled as a mans shirt. GREAT disguise! I wanted to rush up to her and ask "where did you get that fantastic blouse" Of course I didn't - we just passed in the aisle, both our secrets intact.

wanna be

Start a poll to get suggestions?

Hi All,
    Whoever knows how to start a poll should get one going with a bunch of different ideas. Run it for a week. After a week, put the winner up against some new ideas that have come up during the week. Do it for a couple of weeks and lets see were we are. You have to start somewhere. I had raised this question back awhile ago as it related to jewelery. Someone so wisely pointed out the blue and pink logo at the top of the page. I was like, oooh that one. The problem is that you can't buy it and probably too many of us wouldn't wear it because it looks a little edgy or givawayee. I found on ebay this cute little charm that was made of mother of pearl and silver. Half of it is pink and the other half is blue. You can women it up or down depending on the thickness of the chain you get. It was like, less than $10.00 with shipping. Most poeple don't say anything, but if they do they assume it has to do with my children. So if you see a cute gal on the shoreline of CT with this charm, by all means say hi.
    [SIZE="4"]Gina - Girl[/SIZE]

In the Vortex of Entropy between worlds. Well, Minnesota...I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    It is pretty easy finding other crossdressers in stores, they're the guys trying on dresses.
    Yeah, well - I suppose that's one way of identifying other cross-dressers, except I've never seen a man trying on a dress, or even approaching a dressing room with a dress in arm - except for myself of course. Heck, it would be cool to find another CD in a store trying on dresses and such - we could ask eachother how we look and not feel so out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    It's funny how you do wonder who the other CDs are when out. I doubt there is anyway to really tell. The "sign" thing would definetely be found out at some point as would the wristbands.

I'm sure some CDs are quite happy to be incognito...
    I never really wondered much about identifying other cross-dressers until I became more serious about my cross-dressing. Now I find myself wondering quite a bit. I really don't think there's a way to tell, like you say Marko, but it'd be kinda fun to know.
    I still don't think a sort of mark or band or emblem or anything would really work because like we've all said it would be found out and those wearing it would be outed by default. Hmmm, makes me wonder - how do the Freemasons recognize eachoter? I mean, we're not exactly a secret society religous culty thing like the Masons but c'mon - we're secretive and a community. We should be able to recognize eachother somehow.

In the end though I think I'd be happier being able to go out incognito though, and I think most cross-dressers are too - as you said - from the sound of things.
    Last edited by Sharon; 04-03-2007 at 05:37 PM. Reason: merged posts
    [SIZE="3"]Do faith and cross-dressing need to cross swords? I believe not... ~XDW Nathan-Natasha[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"How do you expect my enemies, my friends, and the public in general to understand the meaning of the images that appear suddenly and which I reproduce in my pictures, when I myself, who am the one who 'makes' them, I don't understand them either?"
    ~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just carry this in my purse
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm the kind of woman that when my feet
    hit the floor each morning
    the devil says
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Sejd
    Sorry, I hate that idea.

Thumbs up

Lets see,
    I have long hair, ear-rings, clear nail polish, trimmed eyebrows, sometimes a silver bracelet, and my pants have a 2" zip that button the 'wrong' way. That is my everyday work wear. No-one bats an eye-lid, that I notice. OK, my SO bats both

I sometines get the comment "Are you an artist" No-one is going to ask - "Excuse me - are you a crossdresser"

However, I do like the Moebus strip for a bracelet idea. Any Jewellry makers looking for extra business? Wear it if you want. Don't when you don't want.

Ice-breaker: Hi, I like your bracelet. I have been looking for one like that. Where did you get it? "Thanks, i don't remember" means get lost. "Oh I got it on-line and it wasn't very expensive" means 'Nice to meet a kindred spirit'
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    there are several ways to be identified by those of us who go main stream...

one such is pinky pals...you may want to look it up...I wear my ring when dressed out and about, but yet to see any one else...

The problem that I have noticed is ,that in general, society sees all crossdressers as GAY, when actually, 65% af crossdressers are heterosexual and in LTR's . I think that it is best to "just know" who is or is not a CD. We don't need any more narrow minded people telling us that we cannot express ourselves as who we truly are. Until people are more open minded, and drop those silly-a$@ stereotypes, lets just be ourselves without attracting more attentoin.

Banned Read only Reneecdinphose's Avatar
    You actually need a sign ??? LMAO, I'm a true GG and am married to a Cd, when i go out shopping, I can spot a Cd from a mile away, it's horendiously "out there", what other sign would you need besides the adams apple, the 5" inch heels put on the toes of a man that thinks she's a woman at 6'2" lol, if you look around youll notice them, i guess I just do cause I look at both men and women, and can tell them right off that batt, tooo much makeup, the awefull old womans clothing, or artfully tooo tooo bright of clothing that makes one stand out and of course the **** shoes that most Cd's have not a clue of how to look pretty they apply and apply until it clogs the pores and when they go out, they wonder why they are made fun of. Why most of them dont like taking pictures of themselves in dress, and would rather just show a far away picture or better yet a legg down picture, . One should never have to try hard to be pretty it's either there or it's not their, it's like trying to change a dog into a cat, it just cant be done, the other cats will always know the difference.
    Simple is always better
    Wife of a Cd

Quote Originally Posted by Reneecdinphose View Post
    if you look around youll notice them, i guess I just do cause I look at both men and women, and can tell them right off that batt, tooo much makeup, the awefull old womans clothing, or artfully tooo tooo bright of clothing that makes one stand out and of course the **** shoes that most Cd's have not a clue of how to look pretty they apply and apply until it clogs the pores and when they go out, they wonder why they are made fun of.
    Wow, you don't have a very high opinion of CDs, do you? I don't know how people dress in Vegas (CD or otherwise) so I can't comment, but I know not all CDs are clueless about clothing and make up. All you have to do is look around here at the pics of some our beautiful ladies (and we have many) to see that you have a very narrow opinion.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Holland/Netherlands/The land of windmills and clogs
    I would go for a gigantic facetattoo...

*runs back to the FTM board*
    I'm back! Shiver with fear!