Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is a woman a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna Lovely View Post
    I was shopping a few weeks ago and asked a SA why all the jeans (fem) were 34" inseam, she said they all come that way, one length.
    So yesterday was looking at jeans on the net, major stores, and all the inseams on woman's and missy jeans are 34".

So I wonder, if woman have shorter legs, why do they make all the jeans with 34" inseams???????????????????????????
    Brianna, Genetically, a woman's legs will be longer than a man of the same height. The man has a longer torso and shorter legs. The woman is the opposite.

I learned this years ago when taking medical level anatomy and physiology. I had this confirmed when I worked at New York & Co. My inseam length at 5'9" is about 31-1/2. A woman at 5'9" will have an inseam of about 33" with flat shoes. The longer length is to allow the woman to have the proper length when in 4" heels.

Jodi

couple side notes

Pat of "it's Pat" on S.N.L. was played by a GG. You'd never think: Pat if you saw her in everyday woman mode.

Dress sizes: sometimes see a size 10 dress that is cut in a way that DOESN'T fit. Cut in too much across the ribs & belly area. The size isn't a guarantee.

leg lengths

I think you're talking on average. I have long legs in addition to the male torso. & I can think of a TS girl who has looooong legs, you'd swear she'd done time on a rack ( ancient torture device ).

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Brianna, Genetically, a woman's legs will be longer than a man of the same height. The man has a longer torso and shorter legs. The woman is the opposite.
    This is the opposite from what I learned, men have larger leg to torso ratios than women. People mistake women having longer legs because women's waists for clothing sits about 2 inches higher than men's clothing waists due to women's higher fat deposits giving the illusion that women are leggier.

Read process of growth section here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

Just ask women, they will tell you men have the longer leg ratios. Of course there is plenty of overlap between the genders. Men's stride length is usually considerably longer than a woman's too which is a easy give-away sign.

I was shopping a few weeks ago and asked a SA why all the jeans (fem) were 34" inseam, she said they all come that way, one length.
    So yesterday was looking at jeans on the net, major stores, and all the inseams on woman's and missy jeans are 34".

So I wonder, if woman have shorter legs, why do they make all the jeans with 34" inseams???????????????????????????
    I think that would have to do with style... and heels
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

Banned Read only

I just did a quick Google. Jeans are listed in number sizes - 6-7-8-9 etc. They are also listed as Small, Small+, Medium, Medium+, Long, etc. A 34" inseam was a Long. Some sites call a 34" inseam Tall.

I also asked my mom. Her inseam is 27".