Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has living the female side, help you understand females.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamera View Post
    Since you have stepped into a females shoes and have seen things from their point of view. Has that helped you with your relationships with them and seen what a female goes through.
    Such as maybe their way of thinking,
    Why they may be jealous at certain things you do,
    Being jealous of other girls,
    Why they may yell at you,
    Mood swings,
    Maybe being looked at as sex objects,
    How men hit on women,
    How women are treated in the work place,
    Etc.
    LOL
    Tamera
    You know Tamera I don't get the notion that women have it any harder then men. Some talk like there are prisoners of this society that they "have to" do what society dictates. And as far as how they are treated in the work place that is another fallacy. I can tell you about two women I worked with that were just out right nasty to men.
    Allot of what you ask here is from your one point of view. It's up to the individual as to how they feel.

In my view women are to be cherished. I have several female friends and they all know how I feel about them.

Sorry about going off subject Tamera. I just don't have any revolations about how Iv'e changed my thinking now that I can dress.

Silly Gurl!

No one understands women. Women don't understand women - just ask one!
    Now this HAS given me a better understanding of what they go through, and perhaps a bit more respect for them (though my respect factor was always pretty high to start with). I understand my wifes pain when she steps on the scales (something she avoids these days), or when she is looking at a magazine and sighs because she knows there's no way a real woman, who eats, drinks, and plays is ever going to fit into one of those dresses or look anything like that if she could. I understand why she will make a disgusted sound when she is looking at womens jeans and stomp over to the guys section and buy the male levis because they are about half the price and fit better.
    I sure as hell don't give her grief when she is putting on her makeup and I have to wait, because I know it takes me twice as long as it does her! lol
    But these things I understand are all superficial, and they don't add up to understanding women.
    I think to understand women, you have to grasp a few things deep down inside. Like how it feels to have step fathers hit on you, to have managers that you liked or at least respected hit on you and then threaten your career if you mention it. You have to know what it feels like to have your friends abondon you because they don't want to rock the good ol boy boat by speaking up against managers that have harrased you. I'd be willing to bet that most GGs reading these boards could add dozens of things to the "You would have to know" list I just started if they wanted to.

Kim

Thanx for all the replies

It's been intereting on all the replies.

People have often said something to the effect of;
    You don't know anything about me, so unless "You have walked in my shoes" don't criticize me.

And it was that phrase that started this thread.

Yea each individual is different. But each sex has familiararities of themselves, whether if they are in a group of the same sex or invoved in a conversation of mixed sex.

Its also interesting in the different roles each one playes in a relationship. For instance one might say "THE HOUSE IS HER JOB" and "THE OUTSIDE IS HIS JOB".

How a woman will flirt, such as the twirling of her hair, or by a certain smile. Compared to how a man may flirt, sometimes by just being SILLY.

These are some things I have noticed.
    LOL
    Tamera

In the Vortex of Entropy between worlds. Well, Minnesota...I guess.
    My insights into the female world have been pretty small as I have yet to go out totally enfemme, but I feel that my understanding of women and their lives has grown since I've started dressing again.
    -I think I'm more in touch with women's emotions.
    -I think I can understand a lot of what they go through - discrimination, objectification, etc. somewhat better, though I have yet to experience it; when I see it or hear about it enfemme I react and think differently about it now - I guess you could say I take notice.
    -My whole impression of men and what makes a man changes when I'm enfemme.
    -My whole impression of women and what makes a woman who she is has changed. Heck, even the types of women I find attractive change when I'm enfemme (though my fiance is always beautiful to me...enfemme or otherwise).
    -My sense of what's fashionale for women has changed. I can't say the same for my fashion sense as a male. I still dress like myself - which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it (t-shirt + overshirt + jeans + cheap watch + huge crucifix 'round my neck + random accessories and shoes = me as a guy). There are SO many more options when I'm enfemme.
    -As strange as it sounds, I think I am starting to feel what it is (probably psychosomatically - that is, physical sensations created by mind's influence, for the non-psychy people out there) to have female sex organs. When these feelings cross with my usual feelings of having male sex organs confusion ensues.

If I think of anything else I'll post it here ladies - espeically once I get out in the world!
    [SIZE="3"]Do faith and cross-dressing need to cross swords? I believe not... ~XDW Nathan-Natasha[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"How do you expect my enemies, my friends, and the public in general to understand the meaning of the images that appear suddenly and which I reproduce in my pictures, when I myself, who am the one who 'makes' them, I don't understand them either?"
    ~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Insight maybe !! Understanding I don't know? Problem is I have this male side that interferes quite often! I have learned that I does take time to get dressed and ready to go out, that a trip to the bathroom is a bit more involved, oh! and try packing to go on a trip, the boy me can pack all he needs in a carry on the girl me needs to rent a U-haul!! Mechanical insight at best --Understanding --- developing!

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Somewhat. I don't pretend to understand everything about women, but I consider myself more sensitive and responsive to their feelings than the average guy.
    --Kat

"I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me." --Bettie Page

"This above all--to thine own self be true" --Hamlet, Act I, scene iii

Is Disney a Mickey Mouse operation?

Although I have only been actively dressing for the past three years, I have lived in a femme world for years. Even when I worked in the rodeo industry, most of the people I worked with were women. I apologized to a co-worker this week because I learned from a colleague that she thought I was hitting on her because I was 'over-complimentary' on her outfit at a function.
    It was a wake-up call. Some of the people I work with are familiar with Wenda and/or Polly, but I think most of them regard them as 'cartoon' characters rather than actual personalities. I realized on Thursday, that the heavy bald guy who comments on the great shoes, the awesome rust-coloured layered skirt, etc, is not likely to be seen as 'femme-positive'.
    Many women have had 'compliments' like 'great boots', which is not actually a compliment on the boots, but rather means "Nice Legs!", or "Tight Ass" or .....?
    So, my little lesson is that people understand who they perceive you to be. If I visualize myself as the 40 something femme, commenting on a sister's boots, that is positive. If she receives the message as a 50 something old guy commenting on her boots, that can be very negative.
    The message is interpretted by the receiver. w.
    Last edited by Wenda; 04-15-2007 at 08:05 PM.

I think Kathryn said it best - I am more sensitive to what a woman deals with when compared to a guy who does not crossdress. I certainly understand the need to look nice, and that this process involves many levels - toiletries, clothing, perfumes, makeup, mannerisms, etc. For guys, the ability to look good is relatively easy, though there appear to be few men who know how to dress and conduct themselves as gentlemen (in fact, a lot of women seem to have lost a sense of confident class, too). I understand the whole "looking for just the right shoe" thing, and how searching for the right jewelry can be a major undertaking. I think I also understand a bit better that strange balance between compliment and offense, between someone looking your way nicely and someone staring at you in that sort of manimal way.

Somehow, I feel "sexier" en femme and not so much in guy mode. This is perhaps because women have access to a great deal more in terms of illusion, though it is of course well known that it doesn't take much to turn a guy on (kind of an odd irony - if it doesn't take much, then why do women fuss so much about appearance? Clearly, looking good has much more to do with fun than with men).

But as to what goes on deeper inside a woman's head? I think that shall remain a mystery to me
    Last edited by Alex!; 04-15-2007 at 08:21 PM.

My wife is a feminist and I have had a wonderful education about womens issues etc.
    The world is a less welcoming place if your born female. Sad
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar

Not Really

While maybe I do understand why I now cannot tell my wife. "Ok lets go out for formal theatre play and dinner" on the spur of the moment due to the time it takes to put on make up and choose an outfit. Or the thrill from spending hours shopping for 1 pair of shoes. My brain is still wired as male and no matter how mature my feminine side gets, it still is ultimately controlled by a male personality and the way I see things en femme is still through male eyes. Jocelyn

Quote Originally Posted by Tamera View Post
    With some of the replies. Some of us still don't have a clue about women even though we have walked in their shoes.
    While others have learned about:
    Makeup, Maintanance, cooking, cleaning, children, and being the streagth of a household and being caring when your male spouse needs a lil' comfort.

1. But what about equality with a man?
    2. Being bought a drink at the bar because the guy wants to get lucky?
    3. Politics?
    4. The things that interests women compared to men?
    5. Books that a woman will read compared to a man?
    6. What a woman looks for in a man?
    7. Things that a women talk about when out with the girls compared to what men talk about when?
    8. Birth Control?
    9. Having babies?
    10.Careers?

Come on get in touch with your fem side and give it what you got!!!!

Many of us say that when we are fem our thoughts and actions turn fem also. Well whats the difference that you see between the two?
    LOL
    Tamera
    What a dare!
    Being full time for the last few years, yes, it has helped me to understand women. Some things I'm going to miss on simply because I can't and won't ever experience them for myself.
    Equality with a man? No female is really equal, on the job, pay, discrimination, being devalued (all the time!), not being taken seriously, being invisable, being made to wait because I am a woman. I want basic equality, job pay & etc.
    But I don't really want equality all the way, I like a gentelman, I love to be treated like a lady, hold the door open, pull out my chair, and respect me as a woman, and not totally an equal. Have my cake and eat it too? You bet! I'm sure that most women don't want to be equal all the time either.
    Drinks at a bar. It is flattering especially if he looks good and has a sense of humor! If he expects to get lucky, not even! I am not cheap, and easy (sleazy). I know most women don't like Mr lucky either. He has to dance too. But a date, I want to get to know him first!
    On politics, not anyone's best subject, all opnions are on the table, womens or mens equally.
    Intrests, now we are ending up in stereotypes, cooking, cleaning, shopping, careing for others, social activism, these are some of the things I like to do, and have all my life. No longer is this a woman's domain only. Ps. I could use some help with the house work!
    I know what I would look for Clean, well dressed and groomed, like to have fun, can dance, sensative and personal, a gentelman, Independant (no emotionally wrecked clingers please!) Most women want the same.
    When I'm out with the girls, we talk about the guys (good, bad and the two guys that want to buy us a drink!), our relationships, family, careers, clothes, shoes, who does our nails, other women. Men talk about the same things mostly from their owm perspectives.
    We have never talked about birth control, mostly STD's, they know I won't understand from their point.
    Having babies, I wish!! I do know what it is like to diaper (cloth type) and feed a baby at all hours of the night, bathe, clothe, the whole deal. The joy is when your baby says it's first word, and takes it's first steps, the god given miracle.
    Carrers- see equality.
    Now for some of my extras, flirting, I do a lot of different things, seductive is about being subtle, a look of interest, a coy smile and demeanor, play with the rim of my glass, reveal a little more leg, quietly play with the strap of my shoe (if they have them), a very controlled light touch to their hand, sitting close to slightly invade their space, yes, and twirl my hair. Anything else I can learn by watching other women at work. Men can be silly, humorous, fun, and a show-off.
    That's it for now, the list could go on forever
    [SIZE="3"] Be true to yourself, even if no one else wants you to be!

To live your life in fear, is to live only half a life.
    "Strictly Ballroom"

:GE: Hugs To All!! Shelly
    [/SIZE]