Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It feels a bit awkward - using feminine names in forums

In the Vortex of Entropy between worlds. Well, Minnesota...I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva Diva View Post
    I feel more awkward seeing a picture of someone in stiletto heels, seamed nylons, garters, a bustier, long black hair, mega fake lashes and scarlet red lips, and calling them "Doug".
    NOW THAT WOULD BE AKWARD! I'm glad I go by my femme name on the board here now...'Nathan' isn't really much of a girly name... I think I'll stick with Natasha and calling myself a girl here, thank you. I would hate to bring that sort of akwardness to anyone.
    "Oh, my name's Nathan." - sayeth the man in the evening gown, opera gloves, stiletto heels, and make-up. Yeah, that would tend to make people uneasy.
    [SIZE="3"]Do faith and cross-dressing need to cross swords? I believe not... ~XDW Nathan-Natasha[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"How do you expect my enemies, my friends, and the public in general to understand the meaning of the images that appear suddenly and which I reproduce in my pictures, when I myself, who am the one who 'makes' them, I don't understand them either?"
    ~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I still don't feel like a woman in any respect at all, in any case ever. I just want to, and it gnaws at me. So being called "girl" might feel good (haven't been called "girl" yet), but I'm not sure it'd be comfortable.

As for my name, It doesn't feel awkward at all. Leah's a good one, and I like the nickname "Lee." I've been called girl names before as a joke, and I never tell people to stop when they do Still, it doesn't feel natural when I tell myself "I am Leah." I like it, but it still only feels like a fantasy, and I'm tired of fantasy. I want to be able to say that honestly...

It took me sometime to get use to at first, but now i like it.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Yes, it feels very strange to me. I picked a female name to register here because it seems to be the norm, as several people have noted.

I don't know about others, but when I am cross dressing, I am simply wearing female clothing. I am not a woman, and really have no desire to be.

I suppose that there are some on this list who would identify that as a fetish rather than true cross dressing, but it is more than a sexual thing. In fact, the sexual thrill is a rapidly diminishing component.

I love it. I love being called girl (the first time a stranger did that I felt warm and happy in a profound way), and all those sweet pet names. I spent too long worrying about how cool I was looking or sounding. I spent too long worrying about whether I was macho or tough enough. I spent too long shutting in my emotions and my soft loving side, so I revel in it now. I used to bristle when I was called hon, or sweetie, but now I love it and I love using those terms. I've turned into a mushy romantic sap and too bad for anyone who doesn't like it.

I feel if men felt free to use these terms more often, felt free to be mushy and romantic and sweet, everyone would be happier and this world would be a better place. So I don't care if people think I'm gay or femme or a sissy or all that other crap...I'm going to live the way I want and hopefully that will inspire others to do the same.

As for my name...it's just a femme extension of my already unisex (actually it was more a girl's name when I was a kid) name...so it doesn't seem foreign to me. I like it. In fact I just ordered some new 'hers' and 'hers' bath towels and had mine monogrammed "Kerrianna" in bubblegum pink.

Can't wait til my buddy comes by and asks who Kerrianna is.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

I am totally comfortable being referred to as Suzie, or any female pronoun. I guess it feels like a bit of a validation or acknowledgement of my feminine side.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

I just find it all so natural using female proums. when using CD sitle Its me logging on and not him

Caz xx
    [SIZE="2"]Caz[/SIZE]

Names are important. If it doesn’t feel right to call yourself by a feminine name, I don’t see why you should feel like you have to. After all, the thing we have in common here is that we’re MTF crossdressers, we’re not women (sorry girls). We all go into our own personal place when we crossdress, and some of us assume a total feminine personality with a name to match. Some of us can be men in dresses – it’s OK.
    If I might bore you all for a couple of minutes with my own stuff, when I got into this thing seriously, I took some time trying to find my name. I knew that when I dressed, I was a different person from the everyday drab guy, and I could be different enough to have a different name. But I didn’t assume from the outset that it would be a feminine name. Anyway, I just waited for it to come to me, and sure enough, up popped Ruth. I knew it was right as soon as I said it. So when I’m wearing a dress, my name is Ruth. But you are going to be whoever you are, and don’t be bothered if it isn’t a feminine name, or if it’s your everyday name.
    Good luck in your search.
    Yours truly,
    Ruth
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    Names are important. If it doesn’t feel right to call yourself by a feminine name, I don’t see why you should feel like you have to.
    Too true Ruth. I thought about this last night after I posted. If anyone here isn't comfortable being called by their feminine name or being referred to in the feminine form they should let us know. Otherwise forum decorum dictates that we will default to your name and she/her/girl, since most of us seem to prefer that.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I have gotten so used to the name it has become second nature. Was out grocery shopping in drab and a father yelled for this daughter "Kristen" and I almost answered "Yes" [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    What will be awkard for me is if someone ever says excuse me mam to someone else while I am in drab, and I turn around and respond.

Worse I am so comfortable with my fem name I hope I never end up working with a GG with the same name. I would have to come out because I would immidiatly answer to anyone saying my name.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

I feel pretty liberated here so I gladly use my name. No Regrets
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.