Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is it about 'being a guy' that attracts you?

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    now hang on just a minute there poc you were born a girl so there for you are a gg ..
    NO. Pocoyo is not a girl, therefore he is not a GG. There's a pretty darned significant difference between being a female-bodied person and being a girl or a woman.
    Last edited by Dasein9; 06-17-2007 at 12:43 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

OK thank you now i know BTW got a soft cushion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein9 View Post
    NO. Pocoyo is not a girl, therefore he is not a GG. There's a pretty darned significant difference between being a female-bodied person and being a girl or a woman.
    Gah honestly I'd just like to weigh in and say GG/GM are confusing terms. Took me ages to figure out to whom they apply, and even now I get mixed up sometimes. For a while I thought GG was anyone who was born into a female body, no matter their gender identity. Took me a while to figure out that's not it.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

Quote Originally Posted by MJ
    sorry capt i guess there all mine. but i would like to know if you guys find a woman it's not gay.. but if you guys like guys would that be gay? i am sorry i should not put labels no us ... as a t-girl and i like a t-girl then if i love that person does it matter
    All yours, huh? Well, I'd say that makes you a lucky girl, MJ.

As to your question . . . I'll only answer for me (though I know many that feel the same way) . . . yes, as a guy that likes guys, I do consider myself a gay man. Well, a gay transman, that is - very similar to a gay man (in my opinion), but with minor differences. Well, maybe not that "minor" to some.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok this thread is really interesting. Like Moon baby I regard myself as having both sides but I do fall quite strongly to the male side of things. I think I may have more testosterone that most GG's and that's my hormones plus my mind that makes me feel manly. So where does that leave me genetically well I won't know unless I take a test maybe. I'm not inter-sexed. As far as I know I have been born a genetic female so therefore it is mentally and hormonally that makes me feel the way I do. So where do the genetics come in to make who I am i.e queer? xx Felix

Not really looked that up properly so would that make a huge difference to me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    now hang on just a minute there poc you were born a girl so there for you are a gg .. and in theory you could join the gg section if you want
    I wasn't gonna answer this, cos i was actually appalled and quite angry by your way of thinking MJ, but i couldnt just leave it, you yourself have openly admitted you are TS, therefore you are male bodied female!.....just like Poc and some of the other guys here, to say that an FTM is just a GG is soooo wrong, being trans isn't as binary as that! and you know it!

Oh and to answer your other question, I sexually like women so therefore because i am TS, ie i see myself as male, then i am a straight man
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 06-19-2007 at 08:08 AM.

I don't know as far as genetically; I was definitely born completely female and am quite female as far as my physical characteristics go.

It's not really something I can explain well though. When I'm crossdressing or being perceived as a guy I feel really comfortable with myself. I feel really awkward and out of place when people are viewing me as a girl. I think it's because I think of myself as a guy so when I'm trying to act like a girl I feel like I'm lying to people and that makes me uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    every single ftm or gg I've ever met in the world ever hates periods. they're just ikky
    Hmm..ikky new word..I just usually think annoying but that works as well.
    There are actually some gg's out there that love their periods. I was on another message board and someone made a thread on how much she feels empowered or something and lights red candles and writes poetry during her period or something. And others came along and agreed! I really didn't get it.
    wow, I'd have to agree I don't get that either. I usually feel more tired and like I need lots of hot baths so I feel less Ikky. ( see using it already :P)
    Do you live, do you die
    Do you bleed for the fantasy?
    In your mind, through your eyes
    Do you see it's the fantasy? - 30 Seconds To Mars- The Fantasy

Waterloo Iowa during the summer, Waverly during the school year.

male lesbian

sorry capt i guess there all mine. but i would like to know if you guys find a woman it's not gay.. but if you guys like guys would that be gay? i am sorry i should not put labels no us ... as a t-girl and i like a t-girl then if i love that person does it matter
    I'm in a relationship with a woman who considers herself a lesbian, but she's dating me. Technically I would be considered a straight male, but for some reason I don't want to be considered straight. Usually I call myself a male lesbian when I have to put a label on it.

off topic: I got the quote thingy to work!!!! WOOOHOO! This calls for a celebration of rum!

Hi Cade I know exactly where ya coming from cos I am in a long term 6yr relationship with a woman and I still feel spiritually that I'm Lesbian but extremely queer in that mentally I feel male and I want to pass as male. In societies eyes I would be a straight male but don't feel like this because of my lesbian spirit which is my female side I guess xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Quote Originally Posted by caderemington View Post
    off topic: I got the quote thingy to work!!!! WOOOHOO! This calls for a celebration of rum!
    Dude, I get excited every time I manage to make that work right!
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

Pirate-punk-type-thing. lostinspace's Avatar
    For me, if I wake up in the morning, roll out of bed, only throw on some clothes and run to the gas station for whatever I forgot to get at the store, the clerks always stammer amazed if I speak because it becomes obvious I'm not a guy. I don't speak very often so usually they never know and refer to me as sir. That's me in my most natural, effortless state. Now if I want to be perceived as a female I really have to work at it. It takes a bit of time to draw on eyeliner and find a shirt small enough to show I have breasts. But even then I'm not naturally very femme and the harder I try, the more I come across as a gay guy. I think what I'm trying to say is that guy is something that I effortlessly appear as whereas girl (even though I have the required parts and voice) is something I have to dress for, work at and be very conscious about to succeed at.

And there is so much about being a female I can't stand. Even though I think of myself as a boi. Everyone who knows me refuses to see that, so around familiar people I get treated like a girl unfortunately.

For instance, no one listens to you. If a problem arises wherever, I am generally the first person with the most practical solution and even though I tell people what that solution may be no one listens until some guy presents the same solution a bit later. It is more than annoying.

I have co-worker's that regard me as having what they call "stupid strength" meaning it doesn't occur to me that I'm too little to accomplish the things that I do. I guess to them seeing a person with sticks for arms lift something over their head that normally takes two fit guys is amazing but the truth is I'm just good at problem solving and have learned to use my body as a whole machine. True, I do lift very heavy things but they are so busy being amazed that they don't see that I always bring the item onto my knee then use my leg with my arms to hoist the item up. This makes me a freak but if they were to perceive me as a guy then doing this would be a good thing. Doing such things brings about feelings of being competent and independent which I love.

I've not been permitted to answer the phone at work for years because I always ended up in arguments with people calling wanting to speak with the owner and when I explain that the owner isn't there at the moment they'd want to know when he'd be back. Who said the owner was a he?! Grrr. (Well that, and I have the world's worst ability at taking messages "Hey someone who's name that sounded like it rhymed with cabbage called today. Sorry, but I couldn't really hear.")

And as others mentioned there is that whole period thing. The worst part (and I may be the only one with this) is that for two weeks a month (a week prior) my energy level drops to 25% which almost makes a tree stump more active and motivated than I. So 50% of my adult life I am entirely unproductive and not inclined to do anything I love like fight training or drumming etc. I truly despise that effect because when I do get back into doing those things I'm nearly right back where I started which makes them seem almost useless.

I can go on and on about this. My point is that being female bodied and perceived as female gets in the way of and conflicts with who I am. When I dress in drag and go somewhere and people (who don't know me) see me and respect me as a guy and expect that I am completely able to accomplish things and have a keen and accurate thinking process, it temporarily eliminates the overwhelming obstacles I am otherwise always imprisoned by. It is an awesome freedom to be good enough just being me. In those moments for just a little while I am not a freak being a female that isn't feminine. Well, that's until someone figures it out then that starts a whole different set of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by caderemington View Post
    ah, I see you're geting the hang of this place already
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

Quote Originally Posted by lostinspace View Post
    My point is that being female bodied and perceived as female gets in the way of and conflicts with who I am. When I dress in drag and go somewhere and people (who don't know me) see me and respect me as a guy and expect that I am completely able to accomplish things and have a keen and accurate thinking process, it temporarily eliminates the overwhelming obstacles I am otherwise always imprisoned by. It is an awesome freedom to be good enough just being me. In those moments for just a little while I am not a freak being a female that isn't feminine. Well, that's until someone figures it out then that starts a whole different set of problems.
    Hey, Marshall, thanks for the background - I feel I know you a little better now. And I can assure you you're not alone in your thinking. I can definitely relate to everything you said in the paragraph above - especially the part I highlighted. That's it, in a nutshell for me.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'd like to add something to what I said before.

When I'm out as a guy, I don't have to smile at everyone. I like that. I'm a smiley person by nature, and if I see something that makes me happy, I'll smile at it. But girls are supposed to walk around smiling, and people will tell girls to smile when they aren't. Nobody expects a guy to smile all the time. So it frees me up to relax a little bit, and just feel neutral instead of trying to force the happiness all the time. And I think my moods are more stable for it.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men