Thread: My Outing at Khols

My Outing at Khols

Sorry . . . a longer post but just want to share.

I played hookie from work and decided to get dressed up and head out to Khol's (my favorite store when dressed). Picked up some make up and even though I have short hair, I figured I'd walk around with confidence to see what happens.

Normally the SA's will let you shop but this time around, I was taking a peek at some flexees undware when a SA approached me and asked if I needed assistance. I don't have a fem voice so in my lightest voice possible, I said "no thanks" and walked away.

I then proceeded to the spring dress section and found 2 nice dresses that I wished I could have picked up. I couldn't stop looking at myself in the dressing room mirror. I loved the way they flowed and it stopped right above the knee. I returned them to the return rack when another SA thanked me. Looking straight at her, I just smiled. I'm thinking they had to know but they politely didn't say anything.

Feeling somewhat overconfident, I then ventured to the Mall. I entered through the Macy's entrance and walked through, purposely looking at some people walking by. Everyone that I passed didn't look twice . . . uneventful but very exciting that I could do that.

Walking through the mall I passed a couple where I noticed the guy nudge his girlfriend . . . this blew my confidence totally out of the water so I headed for the nearest exit and worked my way back to my car.

After it was all said and done, I wished I grabbed my camera . . . next time. I am now seriously considering investing in a wig so I can be a little more confident during my outings.

Hope to share more later.

Congratulations on your oputing. I always shop as a guy. Actually, I haven't been out yeet dress as a woman yet. That is coming. I can almost feel how you felt when the guy nudged his girlfriend. keep up the good work. As everyone says here, "Acceptance is all in the mind."

Maria

Sounds like you had a good time, out and about.

As far as the guy nudging his SO, I think we all need to take a lesson from KH.

Smile!

Although I'm not very good at it myself, yet, a warm smile is much more effective than turning red and running away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yea Stacie is not my real
    I love kohl's. Most of my shopping is done there. Don't let one little look scare you and I hope your next outing will also be fun...
    Last edited by stacie; 04-24-2007 at 07:32 AM.

Maria, feel good about being out

You should feel so good about walking out that door and being out in the real world. The first steps are the hardest. You are right, continued focus and enhancement of your look will go a long way towards confidence. It is the rare cd who is totally passable-confidence and just enjoying the experience go a long way.

Kohl's is one of my favorite stores to shop in, enfemme or in drab as the dressing rooms are not monitored so I can carry skirts into the boys side (usually underdressed to make things feel smooth and look right.)

Hugs,
    tiffany

I haven't checked the rule book lately but I don't know if I'd go as far as calling that an outting... They didn't know you.. So no harm.. And as Abe said... "You can't fool all the people all the time" that and its really really hard to find a size 22 heel in 1860 or its hard to hide a bee hive hairdoo in a stove pipe hat!! Hehe

So get over being clocked.. Its going to happen..... Does to me but I could care less..... Got a right to wear what I want where want......

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Impressive. Yet another example of those little acts of courage that go unnoticed by the population at large

In the Vortex of Entropy between worlds. Well, Minnesota...I guess.
    In all it sounds like you had a pretty positive experience overall. I wouldn't let one guy ruin it for you. Whether you passed or not TO HIM is of little conern, because you WENT OUT! (And in my mind you passed with the clerks...if they said nothing, I say you passed). So you should be CELEBRATING and not despairing over some guy's ignorance and lack of manners.

Um...and there was the potential that he wasn't nudging his girlfriend over you, but I suppose you'd have to have been there to see it in context. Bummer, all the same.

...However, in all I'd say it sounds like you had a wonderful outing. Be happy about it, and do it again!

And you, my lady, have a large amount of confidence. Keep that up and keep smiling, Maria! I'm sure your courage inspires a lot of us.
    [SIZE="3"]Do faith and cross-dressing need to cross swords? I believe not... ~XDW Nathan-Natasha[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"How do you expect my enemies, my friends, and the public in general to understand the meaning of the images that appear suddenly and which I reproduce in my pictures, when I myself, who am the one who 'makes' them, I don't understand them either?"
    ~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Successful

All in all I would consider that a pretty successful adventure. Go girl...
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

Hi Miriam,

You don't really say how short your hair is, but I'm guessing it is "guy" short and probably styled like a guy. The hair is probably the quickest gender clue. A wig will definetly help, and help your confidence too.

I am surprised a guy noticed you. It's usually the ladies who are more observant.

My take on it is that he was giving you the once over like a guy looking at a girl, and THEN noticed something that tipped him off that you weren't quite a GG. I don't know how this makes you feel. Consider it a compliment.

Hugs, Lori