Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female persona, female name (+ some other things)

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

female persona

Oh to be young again, I'd do things so very much different. Your clothe in your picture should be totally acceptable at a rave, the people there should get a big kick out of it. Don't kids want to be different at these things? I could grow my hair long very easily but then I would need to start coloring it since I'm 50 and would not like to show too much grey hair, not that I have much now but I'm sure as I grow it longer it would show up more. Plus my kids, all of whom are older than you are would think I lost my mind or something. I once joked that I was getting my ears pierced and they thought I was nuts. I used to have long hair in high school but that was the style in the early 70,s, not many professional business men in there 50's have long hair, maybe I'll give it a try and let you all know how it worked out!

Metal Mistress from CT MentalMercury's Avatar
    I love this thread. Just want to get that out. Now we're up to 3 CDs who are or were in a band, including myself. And reading your responses has really shed some light on an important idea- I need to take advantage of my youth! You're making me want to go out and get my ears pierced. As for the rave, I'll stick with the original plan- long skirt, fishnet top or something, just eyeliner, since I'm going with a group of my guy friends that I don't want to weird out. Not that I wouldn't leave the miniskirt and tank top open for some other party. Sorry, I feel like I'm hogging this thread, I spend way too much time online

(edit: errr, where's a cheap place to get your ears pierced? I usually go to a tattoo parlor for piercings but wouldn't there be somewhere cheaper for just ears?)
    Last edited by MentalMercury; 04-28-2007 at 01:36 PM.

I love having a fem name.... It's the name that was always in the back of my head....

And my hair sucks.... and I love wigs because I can change my look in a minute... Same clothes, different look!!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

i guess im lucky i was given name that could go ether way ( thanks dad). but had that not been the case i would have just picked one to be my allter ego...charlie...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMercury View Post
    (1)I absolutely love women as well. When I see a beautiful girl I think to myself, "I want her" and "I want to be her".

(2)I do feel like I'm mostly a guy, but there is definitely a female side to me, it's quiet and in the background in guy mode, and comes out much more strongly when I'm dressed. I do pride myself in getting away with small girly things as a guy too.

(3)long black skirt, my big boots
    (1) I never quite got it before recently, but, yeah. I've always enjoyed women's feminine energy, admiring their bodies, and checking out their clothes(LOL)

(2)I'm still a guy, but I'm wearing boyshorts/panties, v-neck med sleeve tees that barely cover my navel, and sometimes a bra and cami under my sweats when I go walk around the block.

(3) cracks me up u said that go see my profile pic.
    NewBetty
    I'm not a girl
    I'm just a little girly

Whenever I click on anyone's name, including my own.. I get an error message saying I don't have the priviledges to do so, maybe I'm still to new to access people's profiles? I want to see your pic newbetty! I also like your quote alot.

Whenever I click on anyone's name, including my own.. I get an error message saying I don't have the priviledges to do so, maybe I'm still to new to access people's profiles? I want to see your pic newbetty! I also like your quote alot.
    I think you're like one post away from getting profile privledges, am I right girls?
    NewBetty
    I'm not a girl
    I'm just a little girly

I won't bother to wait to post something meaningfull, I'm just doing this so I can see your pic! haha

(edit: grr, can't still, but i'm getting a new kind of popup thing when I click on people's names, do you mind posting the pic you were referring to?)
    Last edited by MentalMercury; 04-28-2007 at 09:56 PM.

Hi MM
    There are no rules here and you don't have to be anyone you don,t want to be. We are all boys with one tiny little secret.
    For me, when I refer to myself as Beth, I am acknowldging that part of me that likes feminine things
    As time has passed, I find that I think of all of you as women even though........

MICHELLE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh to be young again, I'd do things so very much different. Your clothe in your picture should be totally acceptable at a rave, the people there should get a big kick out of it. Don't kids want to be different at these things? I could grow my hair long very easily but then I would need to start coloring it since I'm 50 and would not like to show too much grey hair, not that I have much now but I'm sure as I grow it longer it would show up more. Plus my kids, all of whom are older than you are would think I lost my mind or something. I once joked that I was getting my ears pierced and they thought I was nuts. I used to have long hair in high school but that was the style in the early 70,s, not many professional business men in there 50's have long hair, maybe I'll give it a try and let you all know how it worked out!

I hope if I was young again, I wouldn,t be the same homophobic young man that was afraid his feelings meant he was gay. I still have the feelings and I am not gay. As they say, If I knew then what I know now.
    Last edited by bgirl; 04-28-2007 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Forgot the quote!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

not happy in the middle

One thing I have found in my short time exploring my feminine side is that I don't like to be "in between". I like male mode, or I like being Tina. The supreme adventure to me is to leave the old gender behind and operate in a new one. That takes a lot of energy and after a long duration as Tina it can be relaxing to move back to the male side to assess the last Tina visit, though it's easier and easier to spend longer times as Tina .

tina

My real name starts with an "R" but even as a young boy I just always imagined myself as a girl named Rachel. I don't know where it came from, but I've just always felt like a "Rachel." So basically I didn't choose the name, it chose me.

MentalMercury-

I totally understand what you are talking about. I picked a female persona mainly out of practical considerations when posting pictures on Flickr. Obviously, I had no intention of doing so under my real name. It seemed fun to bring "Andrea" alive virtually after that.

I don't grow my hair long because I would look ridiculous. I also like very short hair, and it frankly works better in professional environments.

If i had to start over i probaly would use a femme name on here but i don't think of myself as him and her. Not yet anyway.I have thick curly hair which i passed on to my daughter's but i keep it short just because it would be a lot of work if i let it grow and who need's that.If i start going out later on i will let it grow into a uni-cut Justabit

I used to be in a Band, we were world famous, touring all the time, money, cars, girls, girls clothes. BIG SIGH, then I woke up hehehehe
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Oh I hate to ruin the fantasy but you can forget money if you're in a band, unless you're signed AND selling alot of records. But the girls do come easy when you are in one and if you think about it, music is where alot of crossdressing is being 'gotten away with' for the sake of artistic expression. It might not be the best way, but it's a good step in the right direction in being accepted.

girl next door
    I seem to remember somebody else who didn't like the female names/pronouns thingy...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=44593

(an oldie but goodie!)
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

[SIZE="3"]Hey Mercury,

Welcome to the club!! I've dressed for 40yrs and didn't have a fem name until a year ago. It just feels right now. When presenting as a female I like to be refered to as one. nothing irks me more than being all dressed and cutied up and have someone address me as sir Hair well as a young lad I had hair nearly to my waist but that now is a memory. Thinning and gray - I nearly shave my head these days. So if I call you sister or miss or girl It's because I am addressing your female persona

Hugs Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Silver Member
    well hon what you choose to call yourself is up to you----as for Me, if I'm going out en femme then I'm going all the way including a female name---as for the wigs, the bad or outrageously styled ones are easy to spot---the good ones not so easy---and yes I think you should go out and in addition to the eyeliner, should go all the way with the makeup---foundation, eyeshadow, blush, lipstick and lip liner, mascara and false eyelashes---if you are inexperienced you should find someone knowedgeable to help you Have fun
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Hi all, I pretty much just joined on here. Here's some things on my mind.

Everyone here seems to have a female name, female personality, refer to each other as girls, etc. Am I the only one not like that? I don't mean any disrespect but I really like being a typical guy most of the time, just have a little secret is all, haha. I guess I tend to act more like a female when I do get a chance to dress up (but if I did dress up and was referred to as a girl, I would like that). I never go out anywhere but I do like to wear androgynous things when I can get the chance, really depends on the situation.

I'm going to a wild rave soon and depending if I can get my best GG friend to go as support, I might wear a long skirt and something like a fishnet top, some eyeliner, no other makeup, no bra or anything like that, I think I'd be pushing it enough.

Another thing I'm wondering is why more people don't grow out their hair? Theres absolutely nothing wrong with a guy with long hair and it looks much much better than any wig. Maybe it's just me but I can pesonally spot a wig from a mile away.

Thoughts, feelings, advice, etc, go for it. Hope I didn't piss anybody off

I don't grow my hair coz I don't have much left and even when I did always found it annoying long.
    As for a female name it just seemed appropriate to give myself one.
    I have been told I have a female persona dressed I honestly don't see it its just the clothes etc make you move and react in a different way to guy stuff

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I have a female name because I am in my head a F2M crossdresser (chew on that one a little while girls). Em is who I am.

As far as hair goes I keep it short for job related reasons, but I have tried styling it so I could be a short-haired woman....looked too old though, so back to wigs.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

For me having a girls name is part of the crossdressing thing and I love it
    if it's not for you thats OK
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by oohTammi View Post
    I seem to remember somebody else who didn't like the female names/pronouns thingy...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=44593

(an oldie but goodie!)
    haha well, he's obviously coming at it from a different perspective as the rest of us.

Hey, Mental! To me, that's part of the fun, take on a feminine image, name, behavior for a little while. No real harm in that. I like my guy side, too.
    As far as letting my own hair grow out, I would look very much like Larry of the 3 Stooges.

Vikki