Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who I really am

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

Who I really am

I am writing this thread because I just had a wonderful chat with a very dear friend from England.

We were discussing learning about who we really are. I have posted tons on how we need to be positive about who we are and not let the negativity of others continue to influence and harm us.

In our conversation we concluded that the journey of really looking at who we are can seem freightening and even difficult at first, but essential nevertheless.

The journey of really looking in the mirror and really seeing our souls is so very important. One of the people I admire most once wrote "the truth will set you free." Which has been so very true in my case. I trully feel free because of the truth about what I have discovered so far, regarding who I am. I guess I will never completely know who I am but I am facing a lot of what has been revealed to me in my journey of soul searching.

I am, aside from many other things, a crossdresser who is today completely fulfilled with this part of me. In fact, totally happy and proud to be a crossdresser. I am so greatful to really love this part of me. I do not love this part of me exclusively but it is a major part of who I am today.

It is really wonderful to shed the guilt and self hate I use to know and come to terms with the fact that I do love me and it feels great.

Many might be saying, "great but how do you trully love yourself?"

I want also to make it perfectly clear that I do not love myself because I believe I am perfect. I am as flawed as the next gal, I believe more so. I used to love myself and others based on merit. Some internal scale that only allowed me to love based on achievements or perfection or strength or goodness. All that is over for me now. I love myself because it is good for me to love myself. It was a decision, as easy as that. Yes a decision and one we all have to make. Once the decision is made then comes the work. Like going into an attic and getting rid of the junk. Mentally getting rid of the bad attitudes about yourself and thinking about who put them there. Some were given to us by others and some we put in by ourselves, nevertheless they have to go.

I only wish this for everyone not just crossdressers.

Thanks for letting me share
    Last edited by Lovely Rita; 04-27-2007 at 07:11 AM. Reason: additions
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

As Angie would say, you are "spot on" with that Rita.

Thank You Rita

Well said.

Years ago, I told a friend, that you must learn to love yourself, before you can truely love anyone else.

Most times, the journey to self discovery, is a difficult one. And for some people, impossible.

Rita, I wish you Love and Light on this journey through life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You know, I think that "who you are" changes over time as you mature emotionally in life, just when you think you've got it figured out, something happens in your life to change it. I'm 51 and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by AmberTG View Post
    I'm 51 and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
    Gee, I thought you wanted to be a woman...
    Also being 51 I now, belatedly, understand what the Oddness of my life stems from, not really a "who" question but a "what" one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice sentiments Rita. I was amazed at certain things I did this week, and I like looking in the mirror more than before. Stay in touch. Hugs Kerrie

Congratulations.

I'm Shedding A Tear Of JOY For You

And don't you feel even more "Lovely - Rita."

Banned Read only

Smile who i reall am

Hi Rita, just wanted to say that your post are so positive, not just about yourself, but also your acceptance of our diverse group and please continue to be the inspiration you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely Rita View Post

It is really wonderful to shed the guilt and self hate I use to know and come to terms with that fact that I do love me and it feels great.

Thank you Rita . I've been feeling the same way lately too, and it's wonderful to know others feel that way too. I too wish it for everyone.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

You Gals are the reason this site is like medicine

Salandra, Brianna, Amber, Teresa, Kerrie, Julie, Joy, Horice, and Kerrianna

I was just thinking how this site is very healthy for us. The moderators keep it safe but it is you Gals who keep the love pouring in.

Thanks for participating on this thread. I feel there is a need for so many of our sisters to grow in their love for themselves to really get healthy and happy. Crossdressing can seem like such a curse at times when we face it alone and negatively.
    It is also such a Joy when we mix it with love. Love fixes everything.

Like U2 wrote in their song about Grace.

"Grace finds beauty in everything"
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

to quote Cold Play.

Great post!

I am writing this thread because I just had a wonderful chat with a very dear friend from England.

We were discussing learning about who we really are. I have posted tons on how we need to be positive about who we are and not let the negativity of others continue to influence and harm us.

In our conversation we concluded that the journey of really looking at who we are can seem freightening and even difficult at first, but essential nevertheless.

The journey of really looking in the mirror and really seeing our souls is so very important. One of the people I admire most once wrote "the truth will set you free." Which has been so very true in my case. I trully feel free because of the truth about what I have discovered so far, regarding who I am. I guess I will never completely know who I am but I am facing a lot of what has been revealed to me in my journey of soul searching.

I am, aside from many other things, a crossdresser who is today completely fulfilled with this part of me. In fact, totally happy and proud to be a crossdresser. I am so greatful to really love this part of me. I do not love this part of me exclusively but it is a major part of who I am today.

It is really wonderful to shed the guilt and self hate I use to know and come to terms with the fact that I do love me and it feels great.

Many might be saying, "great but how do you trully love yourself?"

I want also to make it perfectly clear that I do not love myself because I believe I am perfect. I am as flawed as the next gal, I believe more so. I used to love myself and others based on merit. Some internal scale that only allowed me to love based on achievements or perfection or strength or goodness. All that is over for me now. I love myself because it is good for me to love myself. It was a decision, as easy as that. Yes a decision and one we all have to make. Once the decision is made then comes the work. Like going into an attic and getting rid of the junk. Mentally getting rid of the bad attitudes about yourself and thinking about who put them there. Some were given to us by others and some we put in by ourselves, nevertheless they have to go.

What a great post! It's funny how so many of us TG's wish that others would accept us when we have trouble accepting ourselves. Being a CD used to tear me to pieces and cause me a great deal of anxiety and other problems. My life got a lot better the day I looked at myself in the mirror and said "You know what, this is who I am. I'm a pretty decent person, not the best and not the worst, but decent. CDing is a big part of me but it does not define me, and I am not ashamed of who I am"!

Kim

In all honesty, I was thinking of leaving a couple of times Rita for different reasons. I realized that I cannot, however. The sweetness, honesty and love here are evident. We are like a family and like a family, we don't always agree on everything but we grow and continue to grow together and I do indeed love everyone here for who they are. I can think of a lot worse things to do for sure but if even one person is helped or encouraged it's well worth the effort. It's hard to believe I've been here a year already. Time flies when you are having fun. Sal

You always say things so eliquently, Rita..... And on the money... And you got it all figured out... They way it should be and I agree 100%....

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Once again you girls are making my day

Karren, Salandra and Kim you are lights in my life.

It is good for us to affirm and confirm the good things and blessings our journey holds. Hopefully it will be as helpful to others. Can I take all of you home?

You are all so very good for me, just what the doctor ordered
    Last edited by Lovely Rita; 04-27-2007 at 08:04 AM.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

to quote Cold Play.

You wouldn't like me

Karren, Salandra and Kim you are lights in my life.

It is good for us to affirm and confirm the good things and blessings our journey holds. Hopefully it will be as helpful to others. Can I take all of you home?

You are all so very good for me, just what the doctor ordered
    My wife tells me I'm not house trained - I make messes. <Giggle>
    Kim

Funny but my wife says the same about me

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    My wife tells me I'm not house trained - I make messes. <Giggle>
    Kim
    I must admit though i am so very helpful around the house when enfemme

a regular Donna Reed, a real housewife
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

to quote Cold Play.

yes i feel that way too. an imperfect being but totally at peace with who i am. for years i was a sick pervert with a guilty secret but now i'm proud to say "I'M A CROSSDRESSER!!!"

love

mitch

Got myself al dolled up and clean house today, I can't wait to surprise the wife when she returns home from work
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Smile I am happy and like myself

Dearest Rita,

Like yourself I have had a long journey of accepting myself and now I like who I am !!
    I like my feminine side as a real plus ,makes me a complete person who can see both sides of life ,I can talk to women and relate to women in ways that other men cannot seem to ,only problem is that I pick up girlfriends too easy and I dont have the heart to let them go when they start crying if I try to break off with them ,too soft by far !!
    I used to feel odd and depressed when I was young but now live gets better all the time ( I am a young looking gemini of 59 ,with girlfriends from 25 years upwards !! )
    Some of them know about my c/d habit and dont mind ,some even like it .
    I choose to tell who I think will accept it .
    Like yourself I love the feel of stockings ,first trying my mothers on at a very early age .
    My first ever memories were of wearing my sisters clothes .Sometimes my sister made me up as a girl and everyone used to say I should have been a girl and that I had long girl like eye lashes ,ahh memories ,
    Love the site ,there are so many of us ,I am not alone any more as when I was a young frightened lonly teenager of about 12 with swelling breasts wondering what was happening to my body ,frightened to tell anyone ,had I got cancer ?
    Peace and acceptence now ,no more trauma,older happier and wiser ,

Love to all of you ,

Nishababe xxxxx

Thank you Ladies

Mitch, Dixie, Nishababe,

It is music to my ears to hear back from you wonderful ladies. We really are our own support network. It is great to be here for one another. Though we exchange mostly words we all know how powerful words can be as we see the results of negative ones that may still echo in our minds.

I really thank everyone who has posted with the wonderful flavor of love and positiveness. It trully is the music for our souls.

Let's always remember to be good to each other. This is a Journey with peaks and valleys and we need to stick together.

Much of what is needed can be found in the encouragement we share. It is in our words to one another that we receive the confirmation and affirmation that was, for so long, missing from our lives.
    Thank you for being so very wonderful.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

to quote Cold Play.

thank you for a lovely post....

it warms up this GG too!

Louise.

Great post

It really is a great post. I have a question that I hope you girls don't find offensive but has troubled me a great deal. Being a christian and listening to people calling us sinners, I know that stopped me personally from accepting who I was for the longest time but after spending time studying and praying on this that I believe we have a purpose on this earth.
    I certainly hope that I didn't offend anyone by bringing this up but I know a lot of people that their happiness is put off by narrow minded hypocrites twisting things and making the tg community think that they are less than they really are. Not trying to quote scripture but one of the greatest things that we are supposed to do is love one another and I have found that when I have practiced this it has become easier and easier to accept both sides of myself and that it takes both to make me complete and therefor become the person I was meant to be. That realization has opened up a whole new world for me.
    Once again I want to apologize if I have offended anyone but I was just wondering if I was way off base. If you are reading this then I would leave you with this. I hope you have a wonferful day.

What a freedom I have experienced lately. The freedom of allowing myself to finally allow myself to know me after living in guilt, denial, shame, anger and depression all my life. The truth will definately set you free if you can take to heart.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by jennie06 View Post
    It really is a great post. I have a question that I hope you girls don't find offensive but has troubled me a great deal. Being a christian and listening to people calling us sinners, I know that stopped me personally from accepting who I was for the longest time but after spending time studying and praying on this that I believe we have a purpose on this earth.
    I certainly hope that I didn't offend anyone by bringing this up but I know a lot of people that their happiness is put off by narrow minded hypocrites twisting things and making the tg community think that they are less than they really are. Not trying to quote scripture but one of the greatest things that we are supposed to do is love one another and I have found that when I have practiced this it has become easier and easier to accept both sides of myself and that it takes both to make me complete and therefor become the person I was meant to be. That realization has opened up a whole new world for me.
    Once again I want to apologize if I have offended anyone but I was just wondering if I was way off base. If you are reading this then I would leave you with this. I hope you have a wonferful day.

Jenni, what you say is so true. But don't forget we have some hypocrits right here as well. I know it's human nature. But I try all the time not to come off that way.