Thread: diet thread well MY diet thread lol

diet thread well MY diet thread lol

Warning this has been x posted alot

well today i found out i weigh 13 stone (182lb) and i want to be 11 stone so that means i got 28lb to lose i need to do this as the extra weight is making my arthritis play up and its not good so i have included a set of scales as part of my avatar this has how much i have to lose in it i shall keep this updated as i lose the weight

now my will power isn't strong but i am making this thread and will use this thread to moan when i am struggling or cheer when I'm doing well basically is like a on line diet blog thing (hope thats OK by the mods if not delete it)

my doctor said it probably would make my Knee feel alot better to so i want to stick with this one

thanks for reading ya all

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Oh wicked! A bit like Cap's log but about your healthy eating/weightloss!

That's cool dude and it means we can encourage you

Also it goes nicely with the exercise thread. *proud*

Let me be the 1st to offer some words of encouragement hehehe...

Dude... YOU CAN DO EEIITT!!!

p.s. Yeah I noticed your avatar and your signature. And Evert and LMS' signatures... I'm so stoked that you guys are taking control of your lives in such a positive and healthy way!!! *well impressed*

pps. bet you can't wait for your knee to feel better, good man!
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

thanks poc well as i did write in the exersise thread i have been busy last 2 days and will be doing the same tomorrow

i will weigh myself next week and update things as i go

Cool! What's the diet plan, though? Careful not to starve yourself.

calore counting and i shall be fair with how many i have each day

Good for you, Adam, you can do it! As someone who also suffers with knee problems, I think it's a great idea that you want to reduce that pain and it's a great incentive to lose the weight. Keep thinking about getting healthier and feeling better. I'll be looking forward to your updates (that goes for Evert and Rev. Mel too). Yay, healthy boys!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm cheering for you Adam You have my support all the way. Us guys have to stick together.
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

Good for you, Adam. I'm trying to get back on weight watchers myself too. Got to look good for someone in August. If you are looking for some tastey low fat recipes let me know I got some good cookbooks now

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Good for you, Adam. I'm trying to get back on weight watchers myself too. Got to look good for someone in August. If you are looking for some tastey low fat recipes let me know I got some good cookbooks now
    Yeah, Tristan and I have a good repertoire of easy to make, good diet recipes. I lost about 80 pounds doing a Weight Watchers based diet (didn't count the points really closely like I should have, didn't go to meetings) but it worked! Course, I've gained some of that back since moving, new job, etc.. but getting back on the horse. Once you start seeing results, it's much easier to stick with it.

I've got a killer high-protein, low-fat chili recipe.. eating some now. mmmm

Aethen

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Good for you! I've lost a lot since the late summer. Enough to make the buying of new clothes a bit annoying. If you want, I'll share what I've changed. If you don't want, don't read further.

- No hydrogenated anything. This means label-reading and being shocked. Even saltines have hydrog.

- No high fructose corn syrup. Okay, I cheat a little, but it's more like a small soda every 10 days or so, instead of soda every day.

- No palm oil. That stuff's the devil!

Tired of all the no's yet? Here are some yes's:

- Yes to chromium picolinate. The doc says it's safe, and it increases the metabolism. Check with your doc, just in case.

- Yes to munching, but make it raw walnuts, which have really good oils and grapes. Edamame's nice too.

- Yes to lots of water and fruit juices. I've been feeling so much better, and craving more water.

- Yes to the occasional sweet, but keeping the portions small and eating them slowly. There's really not more enjoyment to be had in eating more sweet stuff, it just lasts longer. So, make a little bit last. I like high-quality dark chocolate, since it doesn't have the milkfat but does have a high cocoa content.

- Yes to cereal. I had to train myself to like it, but soy milk is now my favourite. And all that fibre cleans out the system. It's a good snack if I just have to have something.

- Yes to binding. I find that the pressure on my abdomen from the binder keeps me from feeling hungry as much. Be careful, though. I've been known to forget to eat while binding.

Hope this helps!

Holland/Netherlands/The land of windmills and clogs
    It's almost our own Fat Fighters group! (Anyone seen Little Brittain? )

You know what works? (I heard)
    Eat normal, but only eat half from what you used to, and double the time!

So instead of eating 4 slices of bread in 15 min, you eat 2 slices in 30 min. Seems to work for a lot of people.

But atm I just banned sweets (goodbye Orio's, but those things are evil!) and pringles-stuff from my life, cutted on my diner portions and drink 2 litres of water a day. No more soda!

Today I'm going to jog to a friend of mine, 30 min walking from here. So even if I only walk it's good.
    I'm back! Shiver with fear!

Diet = to die with a T

My suggestion: magic pudding!
    I have a sugar problem so I've tried to cut as many sweets from my diet as I can, which has led to a lot of gross artifical sweeteners. Then there's my magic pudding. Jello makes a fat free sugar free pudding with 80 calories a serving that works wonders when I need a sugar fix. I can't taste the artifical sugar at all, hence it's magical properties. I also recommend cutting all sweets for a couple days, and not binging when you go back. If you stop tasting sweet for a few days, suddenly a little bit goes a long way - I can eat a square of chocolate in a half hour and not feel like it's slow because it fills my mouth with sweetness so much.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

you should have put it in the lounge so we all could join in , but good for you all the best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wow thankyou everyone its nice to no i have support and yeah we got our own diet group going here

yay hope we all do well

Holland/Netherlands/The land of windmills and clogs
    Yay I lost 4 kg this week!!

All the running and such is paying off!

I miss my oreo's though.
    I'm back! Shiver with fear!

i will but boots scales have been out of order for last 2 weeks thats where i weigh myself so untill there working again i cant say how well im doing

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    i will but boots scales have been out of order for last 2 weeks thats where i weigh myself so untill there working again i cant say how well im doing
    Buy some cheap ones in argos lol

My dieting has to time. Yea, you can go on a "CRASH DIET", but not really healthy.
    If you want to quickly lose water weight you can wrap your mid-section in celophane wrap and leave it on all day. A lot of your athletes do this when they need to acheive certain weights. Also I have been on a "FISH" diet for about 7 months now. Fish is all PROTEIN and no FAT. Its been over a year but I have went from 215 to 158 and still going.
    LOL
    Tamera

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    Buy some cheap ones in argos lol
    i wont buy scales as i would be on them everyday when i last owned some 6 years ago i was on them everyday so i got rid

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    i wont buy scales as i would be on them everyday when i last owned some 6 years ago i was on them everyday so i got rid
    Ah ok, well you could also ask your local health centre if they'd let you use their scales from time to time so that you can maintain your weight......

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Go for it I'm behind you 100%, since I started dressing again 18 months ago, been on my own weight loss program. Lost 40 lbs. Don't say [SIZE="5"]Diet[/SIZE] its a food intake modification program, a diet is some thing you do for a short time, this is for life, got these size 8 jeans I can Squeeze into I just cant breathe be happier when I loose 15 more lbs [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]