Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Still Like Being a Man

I'm like a lesbian with a penis. Not attracted to guys (tho I'm probably better at hanging out w/ them than at any other time in my life) , love being with gals, and I find feminine underwear incredibly exciting. I can only get so girly, the pastel floral print frilly lace sweetly perfumed femme stuff is just too far to go. As always, it's like I'm stuck somewhere in the middle of the two stereotypical sexual roles.
    NewBetty
    I'm not a girl
    I'm just a little girly

"stereotypical sexual roles" is the root of the whole problem I think. When we were little boys we were pushed into being masculine, but many of us, me for one, didn't actually like doing most of that stuff. If there had been some kind of middle ground so that boys who felt that way could be kind of girly, we would probably have gone there, and grown up happy and complete.
    I think that since I started dressing openly with my wife and acknowledging my feminine side, I have been able to function better as a man. I still go round in public, doing my job etc. as a man but I also use my more feminine feelings and I think I relate to people better - and I can do this without putting on an effeminate manner. I save that for when I'm wearing a dress.
    It's not that I positively like being a man, but it's what I am, so I'm going to do my best with the hand I was dealt.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    "stereotypical sexual roles":If there had been some kind of middle ground so that boys who felt that way could be kind of girly, we would probably have gone there, and grown up happy and complete.

It's not that I positively like being a man, but it's what I am, so I'm going to do my best with the hand I was dealt.
    Well put, Ruth. I agree.
    NewBetty
    I'm not a girl
    I'm just a little girly

I like beinga guy, and I'm not giving that up.
    I'm also not giving up being girly either.

so I'm gonna stay both, dressed mostly in guy, but with some great fem along with it.
    Ammdi
    --
    PHR

to all my "sisters" enjoy not being born a woman. take it from me just to not have a period is enough to be glad your not. enjoy having the freedom to choose the things that are good about being a girl without having to deal with the bad parts of being a girl.
    [SIZE=4]hanging in there[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by kassi lynn GG View Post
    to all my "sisters" enjoy not being born a woman. take it from me just to not have a period is enough to be glad your not. enjoy having the freedom to choose the things that are good about being a girl without having to deal with the bad parts of being a girl.
    Amen to that! Periods and childbirth: glad not to have these experiences myself!
    NewBetty
    I'm not a girl
    I'm just a little girly

Platinum Member
    i think i am happy in both modes my fem side serves me quite well bring a balance to who i am as a person over all .... now my "HIM" side well without "HIM" i would not have met my wife and had my family ... there are things i like and dis like abought each part of me .... on my "HIM" side we can enjoy the off the wall nut "HE" can be .... just wish "HE" lived a little slower and took better care of our boady.... today we both are paying for it.....

There are times that I like to shed Sam off completely and just be Sandy. There are some things that are not lady-like that have to be done, so he's still a handy guy to keep around. Plus, I hetro, so I need his equipment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is in her vest
    I don't see it as liking the man..being a man who often times feels way to feminine to be comfortable with, is just who I have always been. I am the man, and I am the man who looks alot like a lady somedays too. I suppose I have become a little more accepting, that this is me, in the past little while, and I am trying to enjoy both aspects of me.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

[SIZE="3"]I was never what you might call a mans man. I have played the part. unfortunately that is what it has all amounted to, a role to be played.
    I never have felt complete and didn't fit into the testosterone high end of the male world. I was always fairly shy and withdrawn. I loved the girls with all of my male side but I love the girls for more reasons that a mans interest. I loved everthing about them and always wanted to emulate them to be one of them!!

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Up until about 15 or 16, I was the archetypal "7 stone weakling", and I tried to avoid sports (except swimming) and the general rough and tumble of boyhood. From that age, I developed, physically, and discovered that I then enjoyed rugby and other manly pursuits (and I started drinking!), even though I had discovered the thrill of cross-dressing from about 10.

I've had a male career (engineering), drive a man's car (a V8 AC Cobra replica), still play sport to win and work-out at the gym (at 62), and love that side of my life. I love being the husband for my wife (and after 37 years, still don't want an intimate relationship with anyone else), father for my kids, and grandfather for my grandson, and that's the image I wish to project to the outside world. It's just that there is another, private, CD, side of me that I find incredibly exciting from time to time. There's no way I'd want to dress 24/7 and that part of me to become 100%, I'd lose too many aspects of my life that give me great pleasure and satisfaction. 5% is just fine for me, although I would love to spend some of that time out in the world presenting 100% as a woman. But while my wife is so anti-CD, I'll shelve that ambition in the interests of the marital harmony I value above most other things. I want to be with her for the rest of my life; she knows that ( I keep telling her) and feels the same. She has no idea how much happier she'd make me if she'd open up her mind a little and at least accept that there's another side of me that needs an airing from time to time. But maybe some day..... I'll keep trying!

Tony

after all these years I am finely getting used to both. and I am loving the heck out of it. life is too short, so get the most out of it. with out hurting anyone of course.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

I agree with Uasian... the sex is amazing, one cannot deny...so long as you have the right person with you that can truly accept you as you are.
    Love to All,
    Feather

Do I enjoy being a boy or a girl? YES!
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Oh, I don't think I've ever really felt like a guy... More Gender Neutral to Female. I have met some CD's who absolutely love their male side, but for me it never really was there in all honesty.

Those who know me know my world is simply girly girl fluff. Awwwwww bless
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

yep, still a guy and like being a guy - husband and dad. But women get all the great clothes, shoes, and accessories!

I love being a man, It's just that sometimes I need a vacation that's all. I enjoy the freedom of being able to choose, it's incredablly fun and liberating, and a real rush when the compliments flow. Hehehe
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I prefer being seen and related to in the world as a woman rather than a man. I want to be free to outwardly express my emotions and related to others in a loving manner. But inside I not aware of being a gender. I know I was born into a male body and was socialized as a male and lived and worked as a male. I'm not sure how much of that diminishes over time. I know I was a man and did male things.(well, not always)
    There is a gentleness with the way I approach the world that has been evolving over the last 7-8 years. Perhaps it's because of my spiritual studies or is it my slow unplanned transistion? I know both are having a profound effect on my life.
    This subject is one of the most difficult for to get my arms around. My wife teaches gender studies and we talk about it often. Still baffles me. but it's a great conversation to have.

BTW I think my first sentences explains why so many of us want to go out.
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Guy in a skirt

I like being a guy. I have never been extremely macho and have a fairly wimpy body for a guy. But I have always been strong and can do many macho guy things. I have been able to out work many macho built guys and enjoy doing manual labor for the most part. And I take pride in knowing a job has been well done. There are very few things I can not do around the house including building one.

I just have a feminine side that needs expressing at times.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Formerly Natalie Lynn Tracy Lynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by becca1125n View Post
    I saw a post that some one wrote that said they think they have a multiple personality disorder. I understand where they are coming from on that, I don't believe I have a disorder by any means, but When I am a man vs when I'm a woman, I have different personality traits and I feel like a different person.
    Since embracing my feminine side I feel that I am more complete. It carries into my everyday life. I don't feel like a different person anymore when I dress or don't dress, I feel the same either way. Though I prefer dressing and presenting female. I have grown into a more caring and compassionate person than I thought I ever could.

Love Ya,
    Tracie

Love Ya, Tracy

"Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves.... Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine." ~James Poland

Smile

[SIZE="3"]I have the best of both worlds.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

NO, can't stand it. The male part of me is all but gone now.
    [SIZE="3"] Be true to yourself, even if no one else wants you to be!

To live your life in fear, is to live only half a life.
    "Strictly Ballroom"

:GE: Hugs To All!! Shelly
    [/SIZE]

Being a guy is the best. And when I choose I can be fem. The best of both worlds. Being a girl full time would be too scary as there are too many dangers for women that men don't have to worry about. I don't need to list specifics as you are all aware of them and if you do go out en femme you probably worry about them

Vieja

No, like several of the others here, I'm happy on both sides. I live in a guy world 70-80% of the time, have a guy identity, guy friends, guy obligations, guy hobbies. My CD world is just for fun, no real obligations, but I do have CD friends and activities I do as a CDer. Sometimes, the two worlds cross, like when going out in public en femme (fun) or hiding my CD side from almost everyone I know on the guy side(not fun). Anyway, I'm enjoying both sides now, and don't want to change anything.

Vikki

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    Though I have liked being a guy (I guess I am just used to it after 42 years) I have lately been finding myself more and more wishing I was a women.
    Sometimes I just want to cut "it" off and be done with it.