Thread: The best place

The best place

[SIZE="3"]Having just returned from DLV in Las Vegas, I started wondering about where the most TG friendly places might be. Las Vegas is a unique place and I felt so free being out dressed but I believe because Vegas is what it is and t girl acceptance is part of the norm there. I live in a very small community and could never attempt to go out dressed here. But I have caught the bug and may want to relocate to a place where I can be me!! Can you name a few places that you have found to be the most freindly and accepting!? The closet is not going to work for this girl anymore!

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

The Best place

HI Jennifer:
    I hope that you had a wonderful time during the DLV. It was great meeting you.

If are looking for a terrific place to relocate where you can be you then you just left that place.

There is no place better, with more places to go where you can be accepted than Las Vegas.

If you cant relocate here then come back soon.

Nora

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar

I thought Texas was a good place...

[SIZE=3]Life is funny that way...sometimes we don't get to choose what we would like and sometimes we can't always be what we want anymore than we get to choose who we are with. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Country Girl GG [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]

Try the Pacific Northwest

Both Seattle and Portland have a good tolerance for CD's and there are clubs and transformation studios here. Maybe not in the rural areas but at least in the big cities.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Jennifer,

I think Deidra and a few others will back me up when I say Atlanta, GA is a highly TG accepting place. My friends and I go all over the place dressed here without a problem. Atlanta also hosts the biggest TG convention every September - The Southern Comfort Conference. SCC had over 900 in attendance in 2006.
    Phoebe

It seems like I heard of some place in New England, that was very TG friendly. Seems like someone told us about a whole community that welcomed us...BJ

P Town

Quote Originally Posted by Billijo49504 View Post
    It seems like I heard of some place in New England, that was very TG friendly. Seems like someone told us about a whole community that welcomed us...BJ

[SIZE=4]Billie, I could be wrong, but I think you are refering to Providence town otherwise known as P Town. It is for the most part a gay community but CDer's are absolutely welcome. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]

Yes, I think that is it. Also the St. Joe or Benton Harbor area is a great place for gays,andus CD'ers..BJ
    ps.... Douglas dunes is one of the big resorts in the area.

West coast, it's San Francisco and L.A. ( the northwest others have mentioned ). But in a metropolis you do need to learn where things are and what area(s) are bad.

Move to Houston where we have a great time out in public. A group of 21 of us gals including 5 wives on Saturday attended a night at the theatre to see "I am My Own Wife". The theatre for the 6 week run of the play put up 9 full length photos of local TG person in the lobby with bios by each photo. I wore the same dress as in my photo in the lobby. The other patrons enjoyed meeting the photo girl in person. You can also come join us on one of our upcoming cruises where you can be enfemme for 24/7.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe Reece View Post
    Jennifer,

I think Deidra and a few others will back me up when I say Atlanta, GA is a highly TG accepting place. My friends and I go all over the place dressed here without a problem. Atlanta also hosts the biggest TG convention every September - The Southern Comfort Conference. SCC had over 900 in attendance in 2006.
    Phoebe is correct. Atlanta is one of the best cities to be out enfemme. I have had great experiences there and look forward to a return visit one of these days soon.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Dallas, TX is great. We have a great Tri-Ess Group and there are now two other CD/TG groups in the area, makeing three all total. I would love to have another sister living near me here in East Dallas. Most of the local sisters live either North or West area. LOL

I've been to LV as a CD once, a long time ago. I was to scared to walk, so I drove around town. Was fun, but I was much more in the closet then, so I was very cautious. Since then I've heard the phrase " What goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas". One of these days, I'll have to test that one out.
    Jennifer, I'm curious about your middle name. Did you take it from Keely Smith, the singer, who used to perform with Louis Prima in the LV lounges?

Vikki

glad you had a good time in vegas whis i could have gone it is a great place and a lot of nice people

susie

nope, not the singer

Quote Originally Posted by vbcdgrl View Post
    I've been to LV as a CD once, a long time ago. I was to scared to walk, so I drove around town. Was fun, but I was much more in the closet then, so I was very cautious. Since then I've heard the phrase " What goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas". One of these days, I'll have to test that one out.
    Jennifer, I'm curious about your middle name. Did you take it from Keely Smith, the singer, who used to perform with Louis Prima in the LV lounges?

Vikki
    [SIZE=3]Vicki, I can answer that. I gave Jennifer her middle and last names. The names came from Pierce Brosnan's wife, Keely Shay Smith. I have always loved her name. PB is one of the 007 Bond guys and his wife used to do segments on Home improvement TV shows. CG GG[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

so good to hear about Las Vegas...

we are headed there in June.

I would love to hear more about that cruise!!!

Louise.

Quote Originally Posted by susie evans View Post
    glad you had a good time in vegas whis i could have gone it is a great place and a lot of nice people

susie
    Quote Originally Posted by Carin's Wife GG View Post
    we are headed there in June.

I would love to hear more about that cruise!!!
    Louise.
    [SIZE="3"]I was going to tell of all my wonderful experiences at DLV right here and I will post my personal experiences soon, but for now, I am going to leave that pleasure to my big Sister. I can say that I had the time of my life that will always be remembered as my first journey into a new and free world!

I want to Thank my GF countrygirl gg, my big sis and my new gurl friend Kary,for all the encouragement and support that has helped this girl realize a dream!! I love you guys (guys in the most femmine sense)

Love Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Smile Big Apple

[SIZE="4"]New York City is good. I haven't had any problems.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Have to come there

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Keely Smith View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Having just returned from DLV in Las Vegas, I started wondering about where the most TG friendly places might be. Las Vegas is a unique place and I felt so free being out dressed but I believe because Vegas is what it is and t girl acceptance is part of the norm there. I live in a very small community and could never attempt to go out dressed here. But I have caught the bug and may want to relocate to a place where I can be me!! Can you name a few places that you have found to be the most freindly and accepting!? The closet is not going to work for this girl anymore!

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'll have to check out Las Vegas. SOunds like a TG/CD can have a lot of fun.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by celeste26 View Post
    Both Seattle and Portland have a good tolerance for CD's and there are clubs and transformation studios here. Maybe not in the rural areas but at least in the big cities.
    [SIZE="3"]
    I have heard about the scene in Seattle. I read about Portland and it sounds like a fun place,too.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

Thanks Jennifer

Wow Jennifer
    Thanks for the insight. I wanna go....I wanna go
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Boston, Ma. has quite a contingent...quite cd friendly