Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So when did you realize you wanted to be a sissy?

So when did you realize you wanted to be a sissy?

That was the question asked me last week and frankly I was offended...

"I'm not a sissy!!". Or am I?

So I looked it up this morning http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sissy Didn't know that Sissy was a nickname for a female based on the word sister... I did know that it was also a term for an effeminate male but didn't know that it was the male converse of Tomboy but as was quoted "has none of the latter's positive connotations"... Meaning Tomboys...

Also under Sissyphobia, the statement "that gay and lesbian culture now place such a high premium on masculinity" seemed strange to me..

Soo Tomboy's are seen positively and enfem males aren't, by the general public and even gays and lesbians??

Guess my question is....... I see a lot of people with sissy in their I'd's............. I'm not trying to pass judgement on anyone but just wondered ........ Do you consider yourself a sissy and why or why not?

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

"Soo Tomboy's are seen positively and enfem males aren't, by the general public and even gays and lesbians?? "
    I think that's really true of gay men and only a little in the lesbian community. Has a lot to do with misogyny seems to me.
    Great Questions!!!
    When I go out to queer events I often wear a button that I made that says "sissy"
    I wear it because there is a part of me that likes what that stands for erotically. I also wear it because I want to show the queer community that I'm proud of what I am. Sort of trying to "reclaim" it, like was done with the word queer
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

I don't .I'm very macho untill the urge to dress hit' then if you seen me in a dress well i suppose i look quite a bit like a sissy. Justabit

[SIZE="3"]I've never thought of myself as a sissy everytime I dress, but there are those occasions when I am a total sissy and proud of it!! And this one time in bandcamp.... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I'm a sissy. Always have been. Always will be.

Anyone who doesn't like that can kiss my panty-clad bottom.

XOXOXOXO
    Natalie

Somehow I equate the term "sissy" with a limp wristed swishy type of person. I don't consider myself in that way. While I may be a bit more "soft" when dressed, I don't fully relagate my "maleness" to the back corner of my mind and totally become a submissive female.

I suppose it's true that some look upon those who CD as a "sissy" but those of us who actually CD know better what we are. As with anything there are so many different degrees of "how far you want to go" that it becomes almost impossible to give a definitive description of the term "sissy"
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Part time sissy meny years ago
    Angie

[SIZE="3"]My wife says my last comment wasn't complete enuff, she says that I forgot to mention that sometimes I'm just a sissy ****, But only for you my dear[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    No i hate the term sissy and i don't consider myself one.

When I was younger and I got called a "Sissy", it was because the other guys thought I did something that was girlist. Like "You throw a ball like a sissy". Today, I reference the term "Sissy" to that of a femizied subservant male that caters to a Mistress.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    I reference the term "Sissy" to that of a femizied subservant male that caters to a Mistress.
    Exactly my thoughts too.

Well, I guess based on that definition, I am a sissy. Any body have a problem with that?Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    "I'm not a sissy"
    You're a hockey player. Never seen a sissy hockey player. Toothless, yes, but not sissy.
    I never wanted be a sissy, just a girl/woman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Sissy certainly meant effeminate when I was growing up. The word, like many, has taken on new shades of meaning though. Today, sissy is generally used in self-identification to mean sexually - and otherwise - submissive and gay or bisexual. There seems to often be an association with voluntary humiliation. There is a sissy forum on the 'net - I'm sure if I linked it, my post would get pulled.

Some might not appreciate the above definition, but I heard "sissy **** tranining" name-checked on one of the CSI police shows recently while watching with my elderly mother so it's not like I'm pulling it out of my hat.

Regarding the gay community - there was a public radio reference some time last year that is relevant. Apparently a lot of gay male personal ads ask for "straight-looking" or similar requests. They interviewed at least one femme guy who complained about it. The issue was presented as gay men being "homophobic" somehow by seeking out straight appearing guys, but it was kind of a semantic game. Unlike straight people, who tend to see gay men as swishy "sissys", most gay men have no interest in feminine appearance - including in other men. They like "manly" men - that's the whole point of being a gay man, after all. The femme, swishy, girlie voiced sissy type is just what straight people recognize from TV and movies.

usualy when i think Sissy, within terms of the community, it brings up images of old guys dressed up like 5 year olds, wearing peticoats and many layers of silky, satiny materials, whick leans really closely to infantalism, neither of the two i support, as i feel going backwards in itself silly, i personaly believe in dressing "age appropriate", i guess it's the fact i've run into many "nanny sites" like sissify.com, while looking into the CD thing on the interwebs, i don't consider ppl that dress "age appropriate" as sissies as the word sissy in itself feels very infantile, and childish...
    Nobody want's to feel alone
    And everybody want's to love someone
    Out of the tree go pick a plum
    Why can't we all just get along?
    <<Garbage - Androgyny>>

So, Karen, what was your reply. "When did you realize you were a jerk?" The term, as it was used, was offensive, and meant to be. The suggestion was that your behaviour was inapproriate; when, actually, it was the questioner who needed to develop a sense of propriety.

Love

Minerva

sissy in the sense of being a member of the sisterhood - yes

girlie - yes

sensitive to the needs of others - yes

limp wristed and wet - no

mitch

That was the question asked me last week and frankly I was offended...

"I'm not a sissy!!". Or am I?
    Ok, sister, I have to ask.
    Why were you asked if you were a sissy?

Also under Sissyphobia, the statement "that gay and lesbian culture now place such a high premium on masculinity" seemed strange to me..

Soo Tomboy's are seen positively and enfem males aren't, by the general public and even gays and lesbians??
    Reporting from the front lines..........I can verify this.
    Before and up till Stonewall, fem Gay men dressed like girls. As the Gay Rights movement grew, Gay men wanted to be seen as "normal" (boo, hiss), so they started dressing and acting like all the other straight men.
    Today, if you look at Gay personal ads, nine out of ten, will say, "Staight Acting".
    So today a feminine male is frowned on and a CD Gay man is really, really frowned on, if not shunned.

Guess my question is....... I see a lot of people with sissy in their I'd's............. I'm not trying to pass judgement on anyone but just wondered ........ Do you consider yourself a sissy and why or why not?

Love Karren
    I don't consider myself a sissy, in my daily life. But..............I could play the part, if the situation was right, giggle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva Morgan View Post
    So, Karen, what was your reply. "When did you realize you were a jerk?" The term, as it was used, was offensive, and meant to be. The suggestion was that your behaviour was inapproriate; when, actually, it was the questioner who needed to develop a sense of propriety.

Love

Minerva
    And my answer to his question was that I didn't consider myself a sissy... He had assumed that anyone that like to dress like a woman was a sissy.. Just like many assume that anyone that dresses like a woman is gay

Funny though that we had been chatting about just normal CD things.. You know.. Like how pretty I was.. Hehe. And this question came out of the blue... His reply to my reply was "Ut ohhhh.. I think I made her mad"... Lol

But I thought I would ask the question... And get everyone pissed off at me early in the week!!

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 04-30-2007 at 11:36 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikkicn View Post
    "Soo Tomboy's are seen positively and enfem males aren't, by the general public and even gays and lesbians?? "
    I think that's really true of gay men and only a little in the lesbian community.
    There's a lot of truth in there! It isn't so much what the definition of a word is as much as what the general use of the word is and/or conotates. While these two may be close, there is often "wiggle room" in a definition. IMO, "sissy" may be a correct and good term when properly used, but, by common use, proper definition notwithstanding, it is frequently used in a most negative and derogatory way.

I've had two rather manly jobs by society's standards, but properly used, I guess I might be a sissy -- again, proerly used. The main problem I see -- and we have talked a lot on this forum about often needing good definitions to help facilitate discussions v. not wanting to be labeled -- lies in it becoming a label.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    Today, I reference the term "Sissy" to that of a femizied subservant male that caters to a Mistress.
    Exactly!! And for all you sissies out there, you can cater to Me
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsJanessa View Post
    Exactly!! And for all you sissies out there, you can cater to Me
    Whoops -- i forgot that most proper use of the word, so add that to my above comments!!!

Hi, Karren. Well, to me, the term "sissy" has always meant a subserviant, meek, cowardly person, not necessarily any sexual connotation. I remember kids would be called sissys if they didn't want to play sports or participate in "manly" activities. Today, I see there's a "sissy culture" where there is a dominatrix who is forcing these "sissy" servants to perform domestic duties, among other things. I certainly don't consider myself a sissy, and I would be insulted if anyone called me one. Crossdresser, transvestite, TV, tranny, CD, T-girl Ok. Sissy, drag queen, not what I am...

Vikki

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Diva View Post

Regarding the gay community - there was a public radio reference some time last year that is relevant. Apparently a lot of gay male personal ads ask for "straight-looking" or similar requests. They interviewed at least one femme guy who complained about it. The issue was presented as gay men being "homophobic" somehow by seeking out straight appearing guys, but it was kind of a semantic game. Unlike straight people, who tend to see gay men as swishy "sissys", most gay men have no interest in feminine appearance - including in other men. They like "manly" men - that's the whole point of being a gay man, after all. The femme, swishy, girlie voiced sissy type is just what straight people recognize from TV and movies.
    I live in the gay community for the most part. The Gay men's move toward uber masculinity is a long term shift from the more femme.

The gay liberation taking place in the sixties saw an equal population of the masculine and the femme. There were cders and drag queens seen constantly on the streets of the Castro district. Not any more.

The nighties changed that and the femme has slowly disappeared to the point where it's hard for a gay man to come out as a crossdresser.

I have many femme gay friends and they have a difficult time feeling at home sometimes.

The femme, swishy, girlie voiced sissy type is just what straight people recognize from TV and movies.......
    This had a basis in reality...This was a large part of the gay community.
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

call me what you like, just dont call me mean names!

Sissy:
    1 the opposite of tomboy (not always a positive term)
    2 boy who wears girls clothes
    3 male feminized to be subservient to a mistress
    4 could be an old guy dressed up like a very fem 5 year old (see sissify.$$)
    5 means effeminate
    6 as per 4 could signify sexual conotations
    7 Limp wristed swishy type person

A look at the above descriptions from the above notes, I believe that the term is multifaceted. Therefore there are a few denotations as per dictionary.com:
    1. an effeminate boy or man.
    2. a timid or cowardly person.
    3. a little girl
    and from there we each have multiple connotations as per the items 1-7

On a daily basis I am not a sissy, nor do i think about that terminology. However thanks to karen if someone came up to me and said I was a sissy because i like womens clothes and dress err... well.. ok! Sure I am but I certainly am not a woose and by the way buddy.... what of it??
    I also note that if you look at the youth around us and the women around us, the ultra feminine dress has been replaced by very functional clothes.
    So the sissy of old may becoming extinct. Now that might be sad.
    Now that Karren has distracted me, I am going to go find a pretty blouse and skirt!! Maybe something in matching camo!!