Thread: Doh! I hope I can put the fire out!

Doh! I hope I can put the fire out!

Oh oh...I can't provide a lot of detail, but today I had a problem with my car, the fire department came, the neighbors were watching and my stash was in the trunk! Best of all, their was no injury or other damages and there was no need to open the trunk. My car is another story. I wasn't dressed at the time.

I wonder how bad I've gotten burnt plastic smell in all my clothes! I hope it comes out...
    ...the firemen all wanted to talk about cars and stupid guy tricks...I wonder what they would have said if they ended up hosing off a pair of breast forms.. maybe better to rethink my hiding spot.

Wow, what an experience! You need to air everything out and then wash it all. Good luck with the clean up.

On a gender safari
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    I wonder what they would have said if they ended up hosing off a pair of breast forms..
    LOL! They would have said, "Aha! Gold seal C cups, just like the ones I have at home!"

Sorry about your dilemma. You didn't have a wig in there, did you? I hear smoky smells can be difficult to remove.
    "If we hide who we are for the convenience of others, we 'pass' ourselves up in the process."

[SIZE="3"]WOW! Good luck with the smell, I hear baking soda added to the wash will do the trick. I haven't tried it myself but it makes sense since baking soda does remove orders from your fridge.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Maybe so I don't think a car is a good hiding place for a length ot time
    Angie

I haven't a clue how to get rid of the smoke smell but I'll bet putting on breast forms that have been in the trunk in January at say -20 would be a brave thing to do....
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Been in the fire service long enough to know that you probably will NOT be able to get the smell out very well if the car burned much. Bite the bullet and claim the items as fire damaged to your insurance company and go on a shopping spree! You don't really have to fabricate a story and it is better off if you don't. Just simply list the items destroyed and move on. Sorry for your loss.

Yeah, I would say you had a "problem", Sally. Glad no one was hurt and, hopefully, your stash survived. Your car is probably totaled, any kind of fire or flood damage is very expensive to repair. I wish you luck resolving the issue.

Vikki

Sounds like a damn good excuse for some serious shopping if you ask me!! Like I need an excuse!! Hehe

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I hope you don't have murcury insurance. I just went threw a long drawn out claim on jeep with them. Fabreez or how ever you spell it works wonders and might be worth a try.
    Another one of those nutty Texas T-girls. Save a horse
    drive a truck.

my stash is in the trunk soon - i had it in the house but my wife made me remove it in case my son found out

mitch

[SIZE="3"]Hey Sally did the smell of smoke wash out?????[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Thanks for all the tips and advice. I didn't have time to wash them yet, but the fire was small and only lasted for a short time so I think my CDing accessories will survive (no shopping )... I'll have to check my insurance, I have to total up the damage first though...since an increase in rates is worse than a one time cost. My wig was enclosed in a plastic bag so I think its okay...the worst to clean up is the dust created by the fire extinuisher. The car is not totalled, I might be able to replace the damaged parts. Today I spent a lot of time cleaning up.

I'm still in a slight shock over this...could have ended up with a lot of serious results, but some quick thinking on my part (ignoring the first mistake that started it all) got the fire under control, the family to a safe place and helped the fire dept guys make sure it was totally extinuished. Its times like this that bring out all the neighbors...one way to break the ice. They probalby all think I'm crazy already, so maybe dressing up wouldn't phase them...

[SIZE="3"]Well at least my neighbors don't think I'm crazy......They know I am Hahahahaha!, Hope all will be well with you and I'm glad to hear no one was hurt that's the most important thing. Dixie[/SIZE]

Clean out the lint filter on the dryer, you don't need another fire.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Didn't forget to remove the lint (paranoid of fire now).

Well... all my clothes are washed up except my swade jacket, but I think some fresh air will fix it. Why is it that the dryer doesn't dry fast enough when your SO is on the way home? Murphy's law... :-) Now, if only I could buy replacement car parts at value village I would be all set.