Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Excuses for a Party

Good Excuses for a Party

We don't really need a reason for a party around here , but here are a few anyway:

1. Two new guys have joined us this week: hi24home and Nat. So let's make them feel welcome.

2. It's Friday - and that's always a good reason to party.

3. Today is my tranniversary! One year ago today I got my first shot of T and I was on Cloud 9. One year later, I still am.

4. Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo and also the Kentucky Derby here in the U.S.

5. Spidey 3 opens today and only 21 more days till Pirates of the Caribbean 3!
    If you need more reasons, I know I can come up with a few. So, let's celebrate.

We've got rum, vodka, gin, whiskey, scotch, tequila, wine, beer, ale, and non-alcoholic stuff, so help yourselves. We've got cake, cookies, brownies, chips (English chips and American chips), dip, hot wings, nachos, mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers (or toes?), pizza (NY style, of course), and bite-sized sandwiches. Everything but vegemite - but Sarah (Rabbit) can bring those if she wants.

What are we waiting for? Let's party! Who gets the first dance with the captain?
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, don't I feel special.

I have something else to celebrate - classes ended yesterday, so today is my first official free day!

Quote Originally Posted by hi24home View Post
    Well, don't I feel special.

I have something else to celebrate - classes ended yesterday, so today is my first official free day!
    And one more thing . . . you just made 10 posts here, so that gives you access to private messages and other stuff - yay!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Here's the Treasure Cake which Tristan provided. It's missing a little piece that Adam "commandeered" for himself, but you can't notice it. Enjoy!

treasure%20cake.jpg

Heppy Tranniversary! Hallmark should really have a card for that :P

Definitely worth celebrating because it's a Friday..though celebrating any day ending in Y is fine!

Now, did somebody mention rum?
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    And one more thing . . . you just made 10 posts here, so that gives you access to private messages and other stuff - yay!
    Wow, has it been 10 already? I hadn't even noticed. And here I thought I was being shy.

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Hehehe yaaay!

[SIZE="8"]Happy Tranniversary[/SIZE]

And mucho welcomeness to the new guys!!

I know of a few other reasons to celebrate too ho ho!

I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Platinum Member
    http://www.vivacincodemayo.org/history.htm ok i had to look it up....i just HAD to lol

Congrats Lex....how does it feel to be 1yrs old again lol

yay consgrat capt a year well cool

cake hmmmmm yummy can i have a bit please please *at least i ask this time*

Yay happy one year Capt!!!! Wooot that's so awesome. Hehe I'm all for a party my guy turned a year older this past week too and it's great to see two new boys around. Hi guys again *waves* lol

party party party

I'll take you up on that dance, Capt!

Holland/Netherlands/The land of windmills and clogs
    Party party party!!!

Also here in Holland, cause tomorrow we celebrate our freedom! Yes you British ans American lads scared shit out of the Nazi's more than 60 years ago, so tomorrow we celebrate the end of WW II here.

So everyone can get Dutch beers here from me! I'll pay!
    I'm back! Shiver with fear!

Today we remember our death, tommorow we free our freedom!

PARTY TIME
    Everyday I breake the law........of Gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    http://www.vivacincodemayo.org/history.htm ok i had to look it up....i just HAD to lol
    Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday here in the States (and in Mexico, I imagine), but you don't have to be Mexican to celebrate it here. Just a good reason for some tequila and Mexican food - yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew
    Congrats Lex....how does it feel to be 1yrs old again lol
    It's a lot easier once you're out of diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo View Post
    I know of a few other reasons to celebrate too ho ho!
    Anything you care to share with the rest of the class . . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    cake hmmmmm yummy can i have a bit please please *at least i ask this time*
    Sure, Adam, you can have the first piece. See, when you ask nicely you don't get threatened with the brig.

Quote Originally Posted by Evert View Post
    Party party party!!!

Also here in Holland, cause tomorrow we celebrate our freedom! Yes you British ans American lads scared shit out of the Nazi's more than 60 years ago, so tomorrow we celebrate the end of WW II here.

So everyone can get Dutch beers here from me! I'll pay!
    That's terrific, Evert. More reasons to party . . . so where's my Amstel?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Party party party.Yea. I will not be on long I have a party of my own to go to tonight. If you guys are still partying when I get home I will join you later.

Quote Originally Posted by mistunderstood View Post
    Party party party.Yea. I will not be on long I have a party of my own to go to tonight. If you guys are still partying when I get home I will join you later.
    You know our parties go on for days. Enjoy yours!

I wonder where all the ladies are . . . doesn't anyone want to join the captain in the hot tub?

All great reasons to party!

Hi (again) hi and Nat!

HAPPY TRANIVERSSARY Captain! Yay, way to go dude! Glad you're still on cloud nine!

I wasn't going to have a drink, being a good girl for a change (quit snickering Evert), but I will raise a glass to everyone who made the sacrifices to liberate our Europen friends from tyranny many years ago.

I'm a wee bit tired today ( )...so I'll just find a quiet corner to watch you cute boys from.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

You know our parties go on for days. Enjoy yours!

I wonder where all the ladies are . . . doesn't anyone want to join the captain in the hot tub?
    ....actually the hot tub sounds perfect!

*joins the captain *

ahhhhhh! just right.

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    All great reasons to party!

Hi (again) hi and Nat!

HAPPY TRANIVERSSARY Captain! Yay, way to go dude! Glad you're still on cloud nine!

I wasn't going to have a drink, being a good girl for a change (quit snickering Evert), but I will raise a glass to everyone who made the sacrifices to liberate our Europen friends from tyranny many years ago.

I'm a wee bit tired today ( )...so I'll just find a quiet corner to watch you cute boys from.
    Oh, Kerri, I spoke too soon - I see you found your invitation. Sorry you're too tired to party. Maybe Evert will keep you company in a quiet corner.

Oh, Kerri, I spoke too soon - I see you found your invitation. Sorry you're too tired to party. Maybe Evert will keep you company in a quiet corner.
    lol, I'm sure he will be happy to.

George Bernard Shaw

Sure, Adam, you can have the first piece. See, when you ask nicely you don't get threatened with the brig.

yay!!! i bring a barrel of rum to share

*sits in corner eating cake*

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I will share so fruit salad if any body wants some. Friend of mine is making it right now.

yay fruit sald id love some gimme gimme !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    ....actually the hot tub sounds perfect!

*joins the captain *

ahhhhhh! just right.
    Here's a glass of champagne, Kerri. Shall we toast to the Allies?

Yay, Adam and Aaron - the more the merrier!