Thread: Shaving legs

Shaving legs

I kind of have a question, as many of you probably know right now, my SO does not know that I Crossdress. I love to wear thigh highs stockings however, I've been doing it w/ hair on my legs. I'm diing to shave my legs, I just dont know what to do about hiding it from my SO. I honestly do not want to risk breaking up w/ her cause I'd rather give up CD than risking it, and therefore, at this time, letting her know that I CD is out of the question (possibly way down the line id let her know).

Anyone have any suggestions for shaving my legs, I have pretty hairy legs also. How long does it take for them to grow back?

Many of you probably won't have an answer, or your answer will be for me to just tell my SO, I just can't do that at this time. Thanks for any input you may have.

If you are a fairly fuzzy girl, and really not able to have "the talk" with your SO (which I do think a good idea), I'd set my expectations lower. I'd start gradually thinning out my leg hair - trim, then clip. then shear parts over a period of a couple months. As I like to wear skirts, I would probably work toward having legs that look ok from the knees down when in stockings. If you love thigh-high stockings you probably want to thin out the mid-thigh area a bit so that the silicone at the stocking top has a place to grip. Take your time and you will probably be surprised how much you can thin out without raising alarm bells.
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

The person I want to be.
    I have shaved my legs during the winter months for the last 3 years (I can't wait till fall). Because I work as a welder in a non-A/C shop, I wear shorts during the summer months. So about a month before Easter, I stop shaving and by the time it gets hot enough to wear short, the hair is grown back to an exceptable length, that no one notices. My wife does not know, because I shave when she is out of town and put on pajamas after taking a shower.

Strange When Bored
    Take up some physical hobby like jogging - then you can shave your legs and say it's for comfort reasons (the hair itches when you run, etc). For hairy legs you can expect the hair to grow back pretty fully within 4 to 6 weeks....

Silver Member
    "I honestly do not want to risk breaking up w/ her cause I'd rather give up CD than risking it"

Sweetie. You answered your own question right there. If you would REALLY rather give up CDing than "risk" it, then give it up girl. Because you are risking it. She will find out, sooner or later, one way or the other, they ALL find out eventually.

Now, I doubt that you really feel this way. CDing is something many, if not all of us have tried to give up at some point. Purging is somewhere in almost everyones past, here. It just plain doesn't work. If you got it, you got it, period.

So that leads back to telling or hiding, and almost all will advise you to tell. The anger that our SOs exhibit when they DO find out seems to be mostly aimed at our lying, rather than our CDing.

There are, of course, many "excuses" you can come up with for shaving your legs. Many, many, very manly men shave their legs and more with no problems. Runners, cyclists, weight lifters, body builders, swimmers, models, all shave some or all of their bodies. In reality, hon, it's no big deal.

Stephenie

I shaved my legs once and it took about 4 weeks to have a reasonable cover back on my legs. Still have the impression it is less then before (6 weeks now)

The sport thing is a good idea - most athletes, esp swimmers and triathletes, shave their legs (and backs and chests and arms actually). If you were to take up a sport and tell your SO that you shaved because of it, I don't think it would be a problem.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

It depends what you want from crossdressing. If it is just something you do in the privacy of your own home and never intend on taking it further then is there a need to shave?

If you really want to take it further or just want to shave your legs then the sports reason is a good one. I don't know how sporty you are and thus how plausible the excuse would be but swimming and cycling are good reasons to shave and easier for people to understand.

As for regrowth, the estimates here are about right with 4-6 weeks but varies with age, nutrition and health status.

I shave all over now and haven't anything to worry about, my legs are covered by jeans in male mode and no-one has noticed the arms.

Wink Stephanie has it right...

Stephanie is absolutely right, if you're not man enough to tell her you want to wear thigh highs, you're not man enough, yet, to shave your legs. Hiding this and keeping it behind closed doors with the one you love is only going to lead to a train wreck down the line.

My , either don't shave 'em at all or tell her the truth and see where it goes. My wife now accepts the leg shaving, and yes, it's wonderful and so is she. Don't sell your SO short, give her the chance to decide.

Good luck and take care!

And whatever happens - stay away from an epilator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!