Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Nails are Cute But!!!

Long Nails are Cute But!!!

Going to be dressing for 3 days in a roll. So got my nails done and had nail extensions put on. And they look great. But now I'm getting ready to go out I can't hook my bra the nail to long. Having problem opening makeup bottle can't get the eye shadow wand out and hold it mascara was ruff but finally got it done. Put a nail thought my pantyhose. Zipper on my skirt was harder to pull up. Couldn't get the backs on my earrings watch clash was harder to do.

The nails good great but next time I think I'll just get them a little short than this It's also harder to type.

Have any of you ladies had this problem with longer nails?
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

LOL yep, been there done that. Like with almost everything else femme, practice practice practice. Just wait until you go to open a car door or have to go to the bathroom
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not to mention changing the radio station on your car radio, Latching the clasp on a neckless or a bracelet, Fumbling with the small buckle on the strap on a pair of heels. I think the back on a earring would be impossible.

Been there, done that, read the book, and have the coffee cup! Try putting in and taking out contact lenses! Like Dana said, practice. It is amazing just how resourceful you can become. The things women go through just to look nice.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    All of the things you mention are so true I think keyboarding, and putting on jewelry are the most difficult ones for me.

Isn't it strange how traditionally feminine associated things are all about restrictions of some kind. Long nails, restrictive underwear, long tight skirts, high heels that make you take small steps etc etc.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Totally agree with everything said. Long nails are a tough act to get use to but oh the rewards! I absolutely love seeing my hand reach for the car radio knob with beautiful long nails with a nice color of nail polish. Also stuck one of my nails through my pantyhose onetime, ops!! But I would wear acrylic nails 24/7 if I could. It would only take a few days to get use to having such long beautiful nails. Oh, to be a girl all the time...... I can only wish.

Yes I have
    Angie

long nails!!!

I know exactly what you mean Glenda! I've had acrylic nails for over 2 years now and its amazing what you find difficult untill you get used to them. What is really sad is when they grow out and just before your appointment for a fill, you get one or two popping off. When they are long and grow out, leverage comes into play and off they pop. Try hooking up the back garter tab on a girdle with long nails. You're doing it one-handed and behind your back... lots of fun. I have contacts, but since I've started wearing acrylic nails full time I haven't had the nerve to try putting the in yet (or worse, taking them out!). I love my nails though!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    All of the things you mention are so true I think keyboarding, and putting on jewelry are the most difficult ones for me.

Isn't it strange how traditionally feminine associated things are all about restrictions of some kind. Long nails, restrictive underwear, long tight skirts, high heels that make you take small steps etc etc.
    Which is why many GFs (Genetic Female - doesn't sound right to call them Genetic Girls when we call ourselves Genetic Males. Either that or we call ourselves Genetic Boys) don't like to wear or have those 'feminine' things. IMHO it comes back to power.

Ooops, a mod taking a thread off topic - bad girl!

It took me awhile to get used to doing things with long nails, but I can type quite well (on the desktop keyboard I tend to use my finger pads with my hands held differently...on the laptop I just punch down with the ends.) My nails are my own, grown out. They're pretty long now, but I want them a bit longer.

Oddly enough I just had a dream this morning that a co-worker was chiding me on having long nails, saying "don't you know people will think you're transgendered?"
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

I get dressed, makeup and everything first then apply my already painted stickon nails.... sooo much easier that way and for my hit and run crossdressing lifestyle it works well...

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Pop a nail while shopping and trying on some skirts and Capri's. After coming out of the fitting room I look at my hand and the nail was gone Trying to put on a new one now.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

OooH Ya

[SIZE="3"]I know exactly what you're talking about. It does take awhile to get used to them. Mine aren't fake and are a bit long for guy mode, but I love them.[/SIZE]

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    For opening things like make up, nail polish etc I use the side of my fingers/fingertips. Clasps on necklaces annoy me with my nails at any length! I find if I do things slowly, evening fumbling, I feel more feminine and hold my hands and fingers in a way I find adorable.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    Going to be dressing for 3 days in a roll. So got my nails done and had nail extensions put on. And they look great. But now I'm getting ready to go out I can't hook my bra the nail to long. Having problem opening makeup bottle can't get the eye shadow wand out and hold it mascara was ruff but finally got it done. Put a nail thought my pantyhose. Zipper on my skirt was harder to pull up. Couldn't get the backs on my earrings watch clash was harder to do.

The nails good great but next time I think I'll just get them a little short than this It's also harder to type.

Ok, so I'm laughing. What am I, looking in the mirror, or something? Giggle.

Yep........everything you said, is true. But it's the price you pay, for being a girl.
    Let's see (where's my ruler?), mmm, ok, just measured my nails, and they're 5/8" or 1.6cm from the finger tip and they're my natural nails.

After having them this length, for about ten months, I've learned how to work around certain things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post

Ahhh the joys of nails just wait till you have to undo a button to go to the loo

Hey - you wanted to be a woman - stop your sniveling!
    sniff - sniff - wish I had long nails. . .

(just teasing Glenda!)

Kim

I agree with everyonr here - certain activities are much more difficult with long nails. Mine are only about 1/4 to 3/8 inch past my fingertips, but this is the point, for me at least, where tasks become difficult. Someone here gave me some advice a short while ago concerning jewelry clasps and nails - MAGNETIC CLASPS. I converted several necklaces and they are so much simpler and PLEASANT to wear.

But they are GREAT to look at. Love 'em long and polished!

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Drag Droppings

Glenda- When my SO sees a nail that has popped off, she calls it "drag droppings". *Cute*
    Cheryl

You guys are all girly girls. I just let them grow then if they start getting in the way, I cut them. I don't use stick on nails either. Launched too many of those suckers in orbit already. Don't want to be accused of inadvertantly taking someone's eye out by assualt with a deadly weapon They always grow back anyway and that is sort of fun for me.

My nails are longer then most I see. Dana's right, it takes practice! Using a knuckle to enter a PIN code when getting gas, a pen to use a calculator, the back key when I hit 2 keys when typing, but I wouldn't give them up for the world! I always wanted long nails and now I got 'em! Love 'em! Even with the adjustments that come with them.
    Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    How about putting in earings or picking up small items, particularly coins. Even with all the difficulties, I miss having them. I cant wait until I am in a position again where I can start going to the nail salon again.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Nails

I have never used stick on nails. I have my acrylic nails filled in @ 2 or 3 weeks. I keep the nails shaped round. I don't have any of the problems mentioned above.

[SIZE="3"]Stickon nails are too small for me, haven't found the large ones people talk about yet.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I was trying to grow my own but the last day at work I broke 3 of them and ground another down. And that's why I got the glue ons for my 3 days of dressing up. Tomorrow I will be taking them off so I can go to work.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I have had long acrylic nails for almost 2 years now. Once a month, I have them cut back to where they just extend past my fingure tips. I have found that when they are at their longest (about 1/2 inch past my fingures), that I do have trouble doing some things. Zipping up my dress/skirt, putting on a neckless, opening drawers, picking up a coins, and etc. Also found that I can use my Treso 680 PDA phone a little easier, since it has a touch screen. I can use the tips of my nails in leiu of the stick that comes with it. Also tapping the keys are easier using my nail tips instead of my fingure pads. The nice thing is no one seems to care that I have long nails, in fact I have gotten more compliments about my hands and nails than I ever did before I got acrylic nails.