Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: First thing you ever BOUGHT for yourself

Tinkerbell Red Nail Polish with Glitter and Pink Nail Polish at 13.

fist that i bought

i was seperated from my ex-wife(she never knew) and i went to the local wal-mart and bought a bra and panty set-boy was i nervous. went back to my apt. and put them on and sat in a chair and looked at myself-ooo- did i have a good time-hugs from michille
    michille

San Francisco Bay Area/East Bay Contra Costa
    My first ever item was a couple pairs of nylon stockings. There used to be the best hosiery stores here in the bay area....Alberts Hosiery. Boxes and boxes of nylon stockings behind the counter. The glass counter filled with exposed styles and colors of nylons. I was very young and very nervous. I asked for the most ultra sheer nylons they had. I never forget as she told me about the different nylon denier. She then pulled out Alberts "Velvetized' Stockings. The smoothest, sheerest, glossy nylons I had ever seen in my life. It was a older women and she began to show me and even let me feel them. I was almost shaking. I remember stumbling when she asked how long did I need for the girl I was buying them for. I told her they were a gift for my older sister and she was very tall. I also never forget her smile as she asked me if her shoe size was also around my size. I remember buying those classic RHT stockings in four different colors. Black, off black, silvery grey, and dark brown. I went back many more times!

I always seemed to have very good luck with the sales ladies that helped me. I also found a great mom and pop owned girdle/foundation store in the "Mission district" in San Francisco (early '70's) Front store window full of girdles with stockings held up for display. I bought many open bottom girdles and Hanes dress sheer 415's stockings from that older store owner women also. Another that I knew she knew!

I ordered a couple sets of Bras and those special Tgirl thongs from Glamour Boutique along with a set of Boobies! I think I jumped right on it the day after I had finished with my first Makeover and the Makeup Artist Phoebe Cross had given me the addy to order that stuff.

First thing I ever bought for myself; panties and bras!
    Last thing I ever bought for myself; panties and bras!

My first purchase was a lovely black pleated mini skirt , it was 1968 and I was 16y/o. I can remember even now the feeling as I at long last wore it , my mothers white blouse , her heels and my precious tights and took a walk into the backyard under darkness. I have Filled and emptied wardrobes since , but I still remember that little black pleated skirt.

I was about 19 years old, and I bought a red fringed bikini style "stripper" costume and matching stockings at an adult book store. I figured if anybody wouldn't care, they wouldn't. I was right, the male SA smiled and said "you'll want a garter belt to go with those stockings, they are over there." I remember being incredibly on edge but not so much nervous. I'm sure he new. Probably wasn't that uncommon for him.

My first time solo buying my own lingerie in a more public setting was just recently at a Wal-Mart. I bought a couple pair of panties and a bra but I cheated and used the self checkout lane. Gotta love technology. I have shopped for years with my wife, but we've always checked out together. I haven't noticed if any of the SA's caught on, but they should have because my size is considerably larger than my wifes.

Meesh
    I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body.
    "not that there's anything wrong with that"-George Costanza
    I just feel pretty in pink

The real question is - when did you get sales assistance?

For me, buying pantyhose at a drugstore, or even bra and panties at (a more distant) department store was not really a challenge (a rush maybe, but not too hard.) Take them off the rack and go the cashier. Buying over the internet has even less personal interaction.

So my first real purchase was buying a skirt at the local Gap. My eye caught a wool box-pleat - far too short for me. I did have the "cover" that it was Christmas shopping season, so as I discussed sizes ("I think an 8") and color with the assistant, she probably thought I was buying a gift for a teenage daughter or niece. She was very careful to explain the return policy!

I was so thrilled with my success that I went a few doors down to a lingerie shop and bought myself a chemise that serves very well as a slip under my too-short skirt.:GE:

a pair of black satin pants. very skintight and that made me feel very very hot!!!

It Had to Be...

Bra's, Pantyhose & Panties. I say so because of my obsession with those particular ladies undergarments, but I really can't remember for certain. & Beyonce Welch Chardonnay & Being Glamorous
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My first time buying fem clothing in public was in 2006. I bought a pack of 6 nylon colored panties. I used a self checkout. The first time I got assisted by a SA was at WalMart. I was looking for stockings to go with my new garter belt when a female SA came up and asked if I was finding what I needed. I asked about stockings for garter belts. She looked at me for a couple of seconds and then said "Right over here is what your looking for" and I followed her to another rack. She then helped me find the correct size, color, and style. The next time was at Payless. A female SA came up as I was modeling a pair of 2.5" slignbacks. She asked if I need assistant. I asked if the pair I had on went with my outfit. She looked at my outfit, then the shoes, and said "what is your size?" I told her and she said. "Be right back". She left for a few minutes, then came back with the most darling pair of 2.5" slignbacks. When I tried them on, not only did they fit great, but were perfect for my outfit. She then boxed the up for me and I followed her to the checkout.